IGNORED

Oil Fill O Ring

Goodoni

Beemers

I'm getting ready to replace the "O-rings" on the oil fill port and the oil cap. The cap is easy, is there a trick to get the little plastic spout out and back in the head?

Thanks for the help.

Goodoni

Ride Safe

Beemers

I'm getting ready to replace the "O-rings" on the oil fill port and the oil cap. The cap is easy, is there a trick to get the little plastic spout out and back in the head?

Thanks for the help.

Afternoon Bodag

What are you working on?

I did this a few months ago to my '02 RT. Although I didn't do it, it may help to remove the fairing in order to have a better install angle. Absent that, I found that it takes some manual dexterity, patience, and once it's semi-installed some gentle tapping in using the wood handle of a small hammer to fully seat the O ring.

Beemerboy,

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and be patient.

Bodag,

Ride Safe.

Bodag,

After revisiting how I installed the inner O ring and then the hard plastic retainer, I must tell you that my advice was bass ackwards. :ohboy:

I used my thumbs to gently install the inner O ring and then used the hammer handle to gently seat the plastic retainer. Again, patience is a virtue and the end result is well worth the effort!