IGNORED

Local Vent

Rick Ward

I married up and inherited a cabin in the Suches, Georgia community, home of TWO. The community has been there way before asphalt. They enjoy a quiet simple life and do not appreciate a bunch of low bred, ignorant wanna be canyon carvers disturbing there worship services on Sundays. If you are one who can't resist buzzing the locals how about growing up!

I swear, I wasn't down there this weekend!!

:grin:

....................................................................................................

Rick, just a guess here but you're probably barking up the wrong tree forum. :read:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

....................................................................................................

Rick, just a guess here but you're probably barking up the wrong tree forum. :read:

Pat

Pat, I don't think so. There is a member here who brags about waking up his neighbors at 5:30 with his loud pipes.

Edited by Bud

Pat

Pat, I don't think so. There is a member here who brags about waking up his neighbors at 5:30 with his loud pipes.

Mebbee I oughta ride through some uppity HOA areas :clap:

If you like Corn Liqour; Pappy's has a new distillery open to the public south of town on US129. It is quite smooth but potent.

Perhaps those degenerates stopped and had their own Sunday service at Pappy's first?!

Maybe, but I have seen plenty BMWs buzzing the community, particularly the off roaders as also ducs and other sportbikes. There is plenty of road to let it out and no need to ride like a bat out of hell through the residential area.

Maybe, but I have seen plenty BMWs buzzing the community, particularly the off roaders

You may have something.

There is this guy who takes the blame for a lot things dirt related (sometimes unfairly) :dontknow: around here. Now, I know him as a fine upstanding southern gentleman until, he cracks the throttle open on one of those dirty type BMWs. :grin::wave:

Pat

Maybe, but I have seen plenty BMWs buzzing the community, particularly the off roaders

You may have something.

There is this guy who takes the blame for a lot things dirt related (sometimes unfairly) :dontknow: around here. Now, I know him as a fine upstanding southern gentleman until, he cracks the throttle open on one of those dirty type BMWs. :grin::wave:

Pat

You left out the part about this dirty type BMW rider who is always proclaiming that he isn't a fast rider . . :wave::rofl:

You may have something.

Pat

You left out the part about this dirty type BMW rider who is always proclaiming that he isn't a fast rider . . :wave::rofl:

Come to think of it, I know of several "fine upstanding southern gentleman . . . " that fit this description.

You know them in the parking lot - they always have some of best stories - often prefaced with:

"So there I was, just riding along - minding my own business . . . " :ohboy::spittake::wave::lurk:

Dave, now the plot thickens. :read: I think I know the fine gentleman you're speaking of. Now the one I was referring to would be a smidge bit further south. :spittake:

Pat

Dave, now the plot thickens. :read: I think I know the fine gentleman you're speaking of. Now the one I was referring to would be a smidge bit further south. :spittake:

Pat

Pat -

The Fine Gentleman I'm thinking of is MERRY living in the PRAIRIE . . . :whistle:

Pat

Pat -

The Fine Gentleman I'm thinking of is Merry living in the PRAIRIE . . . :whistle:

We only met once but yes, a fine gentleman indeed! :thumbsup:

Thought you were referring to a model citizen that was Atlanta based when not exploring. ;)

Pat

Pat

Pat -

The Fine Gentleman I'm thinking of is Merry living in the PRAIRIE . . . :whistle:

We only met once but yes, a fine gentleman indeed! :thumbsup:

Thought you were referring to a model citizen that was Atlanta based when not exploring. ;)

Pat

Pat - I think I've met the model citizen a time or two. But have never known him to claim he was out for a Sunday Ride, so to speak . . . Once I got to know the back of his bike very well. Well, on very long stretches of straight roads after a stop sign. :whistle:

Maybe, but I have seen plenty BMWs buzzing the community, particularly the off roaders as also ducs and other sportbikes. There is plenty of road to let it out and no need to ride like a bat out of hell through the residential area.

I get it. Lost in all this banter is the fact that some riders "ride like a bat out of hell through the residential area." We can all agree that is behavior that reflects poorly on all riders.

No doubt it's bad behavior but it comes with the territory, a little like moving in next to a racetrack or airport then complaining about the noise.

Not in my opinion. You expect noise from both a racetrack and an airport, in this case it's neither. Just bad behavior.

I live in a small rural town in S. Illinois. On nice days, my preachers stops when the groups of riders pass by racking off their pipes in an attempt to draw attention to themselves. As responsible riders, we should have no problem calling out those who act that way.

The point is Suches is a motorcycle centric area not unlike Deals Gap, Sturgis, Daytona, albeit to a lesser extent. It's going to happen whether you like it or not. Heck I'm 90 miles from Daytona and that's not far enough : )

Man....that was a fun day. Still think about dinner at that little Italian joint we ate at......MMMMMMmmmmm.

My goal is to have an electric motorcycle so I can ride like a bat out of hell and all you hear is the woooosh :grin:

:thumbsup:

Occaisionally I like to sneak out late when there's no traffic so quiet is good not to disturb the neighbors. Inline 4's are quieter than twins or thumpers.

My goal is to have an electric motorcycle so I can ride like a bat out of hell and all you hear is the woooosh :grin:

I have a co-worker that says my Zero sounds like the

Didn't realize anyone here had a Zero. You should start a thread and tell us about it. I'd love to hear some first hand real world data on how it works for you.

Didn't realize anyone here had a Zero. You should start a thread and tell us about it. I'd love to hear some first hand real world data on how it works for you.

I did.

I need to update it rather then hijack this thread (farther).

Love this post. Gave me a great idea. If i ever decide to rob banks, the day before ,i will take out a full page ad in the local paper coming out AGAINST bank robbery.It would read in part " I think bank robberies are BAD, and i wish people would just stop it." They'll never suspect me !

No it isn't like moving in next to the racetrack. These people have lived in Suches for generations and generations before Frank Cheek ever had a thought of TWO. I rode enduros for years and to my knowledge we respected neighborhoods when we were routed thru them. I guess common decency isn't common anymore.

I married up and inherited a cabin in the Suches, Georgia community, home of TWO. The community has been there way before asphalt. They enjoy a quiet simple life and do not appreciate a bunch of low bred, ignorant wanna be canyon carvers disturbing there worship services on Sundays. If you are one who can't resist buzzing the locals how about growing up!

But you're the one complaining about ricky racers in an area of ricky racers after you moved into the area so it sort of is like my racetrack example. As far as the people that lived there before it ever started, I feel sorry for them. If you and they really want to stop it, there are effective ways thru law enforcement.

Almost forty years ago I bought a house about a quarter mile off one of the more scenic roads in south Jacksonville, mainly for that reason. It's a curvy six miles, has zero passing zones and bicyclists come from all over town to ride it. It's irritating to get stuck behind a big peleton but it comes with the territory so I deal with it. It's also a pseudo racetrack for large groups of sportbikes late at night. I can hear them coming a mile away, the screech of Japanese multis and rumble of the odd Ducati. Sometimes I go out and watch them streak by, usually 20-30 in a group. On one hand it's bothersome but on the other I can't help but smile, I was probably equally obnoxious to some old codger at one time(s) or another : )

Edited by roadscholar

I laugh when my wife gets agitated about the neighborhood kids making "too much" noise outside while riding their bicycles and skateboards up and down the street. My goto phrase directed at her is a grumpy old man style "Get off my lawn!". She doesn't appreciate my lack of sympathy......but it makes me chuckle

Hoping to be able to hit the starter on the Buell this weekend for the first time in over a year. Looking forward to idling as quietly as possible out of the neighborhood while it still shakes the windows and sets off car alarms.

No worries about me making it to GA.....I can't handle the seat for more than about 60mins. :grin:

Let us hope that the intentional oiling/gravelling/ etc. of the corners doesn't return.

Yeah, that's it, lots of loose round pea gravel!

The folks with local twisty roads in the more rural parts around here tend to drop their inside wheels of the vehicle off the road edge and kick up lots of sand and stones strategically placed right at the apex of the turns. Tough to go fast on those roads.

Here in Wisconsin most of the Ricky Racer/ Squid stuff was dealt with inadvertently by the state government. 30 years ago they transplanted wild turkeys from Kansas with few natural preditors and in the last 5 years the state also opened up most county roads to ATVs, but limiting their speed to 35 mph. Between those two decisions it really makes you take it easy around any blind turns as there is a high probability either one is waiting for you to smack into them on the on exit of the corner.