IGNORED

Looking for a damaged R1150RT headlamp!

japachap

Yup, thats right!

Been away from this forum for a few years, but still riding the 1150RT, now with 85,000miles since new. Missed a few of the old BMRider chaps who still post here too...

Anyway, my headlamp dipped beam mirror is slightly discoloured since I put a 100-watt lamp in it. It got me thinking- and then I saw a film online about a Rus who filled his headlamp with projctor units.

Ive researched various lamp units available on a tight budget and have a few ideas, but dont want to strip my own bike down until I have a definite design configuration.

So, for a winter project I am looking for a R1150/850RT headlamp with the glass and the first inch or so of the plastic in good condition. Broken mountings, melted or damaged reflectors, damaged rear plastic...all welcome.

Would prefer the foglamp pods to be in good condition, but it's not a big issue.

If you have such a damaged headlamp unit (and I know some of you have in the past), then I will be pleased to hear from you with photos of the lamp.

btw- I live in Holland, so there are no issues with DOT/ EU/ roadworthiness/ APK/ MOT TUV approval on motorbikes. I just have to make my idea work!

Thanks guys and gals!

ps- to give some idea of what I'm planning- im either looking at fitting two 5&3/4" H4 reflectors- or two 4" dipped beam projectors in combination with two 2" high-beam projectors. I'm leaning towards the projector array at this moment...

Edited by japachap