BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1000235 - 11/05/17 01:32 AM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: greiffster]  
ltljohn Online
ltljohn  Online

Haycock, PA
Originally Posted by greiffster
Originally Posted by ltljohn
LG G5 running Android 7.0

How do the forum pages look? How about actually posting/replying through the phone?

If I hold the screen up right I can't see all of it. It cuts off the right half I see all of the info at the top but in the forums I only see the title and post count and the red if there are unread posts.(Possibly a phone setting? )If I hold it wide screen I see everything like my laptop. I am able to post from the phone.

"I've received many honors but I've already received the highest award I'll ever receive, and that has been the privilege and honor of serving proudly in the United States Navy." RADM Grace Hopper

#1000320 - 11/06/17 12:51 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: EffBee]  
AndyS Online
AndyS  Online

Somerset, Great Britain.
Just a suggestion...well, more of a plea:
On each forum there is a lovely big <Previous Thread | Next Thread> button.
Could this also be placed at the bottom of each thread?
It seems counter-intuitive to read a thread - or the last entry on a thread, and then have to scroll all the way up to the top to click onto the next thread.

#1000334 - 11/06/17 04:22 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: ltljohn]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
LG G5 running Android 7.0

How do the forum pages look? How about actually posting/replying through the phone?

If I hold the screen up right I can't see all of it. It cuts off the right half I see all of the info at the top but in the forums I only see the title and post count and the red if there are unread posts.(Possibly a phone setting? )If I hold it wide screen I see everything like my laptop. I am able to post from the phone.

That's similar to the function on my iPhone. I think it senses the available pixel width and views/hides certain columns based on a relative level of importance.

-Mike
'08 GSA
"If I don't like it, I'm not blaming myself!"
K. Greiff
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."
M. Jagger
#1000341 - 11/06/17 05:09 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: AndyS]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Originally Posted by AndyS
It seems counter-intuitive to read a thread - or the last entry on a thread, and then have to scroll all the way up to the top to click onto the next thread.

Andy,
I've looked into this. Moving the buttons (or adding another set of buttons at the bottom) isn't a setting or option native to the software. I'm sure it could be done, but we'd have to code it ourselves.

If you are on a computer, you could just hit the "Top" button at the lower left of a post and pop back up to the top. That would take you right to the buttons. Not so on mobile device (that I have seen).

-Mike
'08 GSA
K. Greiff
M. Jagger
#1000418 - 11/07/17 03:09 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: greiffster]  
Bernie Offline
Bernie  Offline

Jax, FL

Andy,
I've looked into this. Moving the buttons (or adding another set of buttons at the bottom) isn't a setting or option native to the software. I'm sure it could be done, but we'd have to code it ourselves.

If you are on a computer, you could just hit the "Top" button at the lower left of a post and pop back up to the top. That would take you right to the buttons. Not so on mobile device (that I have seen).

You have a “Top” button on the bottom right corner of the IPhone interface.

Bernie
Jax, FL
2018 R1200RT, Alpinweiss, starting out fresh.
2007 R1200RT, Double Silver 188,700 Smiles, SOLD
2000 R1100RT, Opal 104,000 Smiles, SOLD
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
#1000426 - 11/07/17 03:43 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: EffBee]  
bakerzdosen Offline
Dislocated Member
bakerzdosen  Offline

Dislocated Member

Provo, UT
I just poured through the code a bit.

It's not a simple thing to add - at least for someone that isn't deeply familiar with how UBB works (aka ME).

There is a customizable footer option (which we're not using) but it's not obvious to me how I could add the needed code to the footer.

I'll look at it a bit more later or post a question about it over at ubbcentral, but like I said, it's beyond me at the moment.

'05 R1200ST
'03 F650csa (departed because of the ST)
#1000429 - 11/07/17 04:08 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: Bernie]  
szurszewski Online
szurszewski  Online

Portland, OR
Originally Posted by Bernie

Andy,

Or if you're using Chrome on your phone (on an iPhone at least - don't know about other OS) you can tap the top bar (above the URL box) and it will zoom you to the top of the page.

*insert witty remark here*
#1000451 - 11/07/17 08:07 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: Bernie]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee

Indeed there is! thumbsup I didn't notice that.

-Mike
'08 GSA
K. Greiff
M. Jagger
#1000476 - 11/08/17 01:15 AM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: greiffster]  
Bernie Offline
Bernie  Offline

Jax, FL
But I just noticed it doesn’t show any signatures on the phone, using Safari for IPhone 7.

Bernie

Bernie
Jax, FL
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
#1000478 - 11/08/17 01:17 AM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: szurszewski]  
Bernie Offline
Bernie  Offline

Jax, FL
Originally Posted by szurszewski

Andy,

Or if you're using Chrome on your phone (on an iPhone at least - don't know about other OS) you can tap the top bar (above the URL box) and it will zoom you to the top of the page.

Thanks for the tip, it works in Safari also.

Bernie
Jax, FL
BMW-MOA, BMW-RA,
AMA, BMW-NEF,
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6