IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Indy Dave

More pics people! Maybe move this over to ride Tales with a new thread? :) Some of us have to work! We need the motivation so we can see you in the spring!

Shawn

+1 - living virtually through your pictures/comments while awaiting spring. :thumbsup:

Been quite on the board for lots of years ... last event attended was ~ 10 years + ... Its nice to be back!

Tom - Great to have you! 4 Indy folks here now, 5 tomorrow! Funny we have to travel way down here to meet/see each other :dopeslap:

ken%20old%20cvd%20bridge.jpeg

Good Morning FARTers! :wave::bike:

Enjoy the ride today and remember to grab some photos while you're out and about. We're looking for landscapes and group shots and, well . . . just whatever you find interesting.

email you photos to: startfarting@gmail.com

Your photo earns you an entry to the dinner contest.

Enjoy The Ride!

The Blairsville Witch is a real B*@.

150661103771.jpg

150661106215.jpg

But the locksmith came and opened my van and made a spare entry key that I can hide outside the van to get in.

I'm still counting on Flo to help out here. The snuggie service may be tonight to help turn things around.

Everyone else has left the building, I'm charging the battery on my bike.

Life is good! :grin:

Edited by Bud

Done Farting. Talked to Ryan Manley at Gateway BMW in St. Louis. He suspects a blow internal hose in the tank. I pulled an injector and there was no spray so that also indicates a fuel problem.

In addition, with all of the cranking yesterday, I never had a wet plug when they were pulled.

So the bike needs to be put back together. I will try to peddle some stuff tonight at the flea market and also buy a tank bag, enjoy visiting with old and new friends and then heading back home tomorrow to get an early start on our trip to Denver and Albuquerque.

Early afternoon and those chasing Bernie are hundreds of miles away by now. :grin:

As the Cubs say "wait till next year". :wave:

Done Farting.,,,,,

......As the Cubs say "wait till next year". :wave:

So sorry to hear this Bud! Almost an unbelievable string of bad luck!

Sure hope the rest of this adventure goes smoothly. I look forward to seeing you at START '18 :thumbsup:

Edited by Endobobdds

For the Flea Market - we'll just use the very long covered sidewalk area where most of the bikes are parked. Just set you stuff out or ask Ken or Terry to model your gear.

Tock tick - 6:30ish

THIS IS BRUNO! Would the following riders please report to the Deans Office Please PM me YOUR MILEAGE or email it to: startfarting@gmail.com

Chris (lawnchairboy)

Rick (Erdok)

Steve (SSTwin)

Frank (knarf11)

Dan (S.O.B)

Michelle (S.O.B's SO)

Chris (Chris K)

Also one and all - MixMaster Ken and I are needing to receive your PHOTOS of you or your group or a nice scenic landscape. You photos get you entry into the TRAVELING trophy contest at dinner.

email photos to: startfarting@gmail.com

I hope to make it up to the Hole in the Wall for breakfast ~9:00 Saturday morning.

Hurricane cleanup continues:

zoOb2Za.jpg

I estimate I have chipped ~2000 pounds of oak in the past 2 weeks, requiring disassembling the chipper/shredder to sharpen the blades. With sharp blades, the thing once again hungrily sucks in branches. This thing is the scariest piece of equipment I have ever used, demanding even greater respect than a chain saw.

PgEpyWE.jpg

Back to the yard to chip some more wood....

I know that many members of this august assembly are fans of distilled spirits. A new craft distillery has opened on the outskirts of Dahlonega. It opened about a year as "Stillhouse Creek Craft Distillery." Since it was only 2 miles from our house at the time, I stopped by several times while they were under construction, but the state permitting bureaucracy slowed things down by about 6 months, and the last time I visited, they still weren't able to sell direct to the public, but offered tastings and a very informative tour — much less theatrical than Jack Daniels.

Last fall, the distiller heard a knock on the back of the facility. Knowing that there were hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product in the building, he grabbed his shotgun and opened the door. This big guy was standing there:

zac-brown.jpg

The big stranger introduced himself: "Hi, I'm Zac, your neighbor from down the road." The owner invited him in, they tasted some of the freshly distilled product, and Zac offered to buy the entire first run of production, then asked if he needed a financial backer. Stillhouse Creek re-opened last month with a new sign:

DJxlzHXUMAAo5bh.jpg

I still don't know if they are able to sell to the public, as apparently the liquor control people have to approve the label for a bottle before it can be sold, so with the name change, new labels had to be submitted for approval. But, it's a great ride from Blairsville.

3arhYcj.png

I know that many members of this august assembly are fans of distilled spirits. A new craft distillery has opened on the outskirts of Dahlonega. It opened about a year as "Stillhouse Creek Craft Distillery." Since it was only 2 miles from our house at the time, I stopped by several times while they were under construction, but the state permitting bureaucracy slowed things down by about 6 months, and the last time I visited, they still weren't able to sell direct to the public, but offered tastings and a very informative tour -- much less theatrical than Jack Daniels.

Last fall, the distiller heard a knock on the back of the facility. Knowing that there were hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product in the building, he grabbed his shotgun and opened the door. This big guy was standing there:

zac-brown.jpg

The big stranger introduced himself: "Hi, I'm Zac, your neighbor from down the road." The owner invited him in, they tasted some of the freshly distilled product, and Zac offered to buy the entire first run of production, then asked if he needed a financial backer. Stillhouse Creek re-opened last month with a new sign:

DJxlzHXUMAAo5bh.jpg

I still don't know if they are able to sell to the public, as apparently the liquor control people have to approve the label for a bottle before it can be sold, so with the name change, new labels had to be submitted for approval. But, it's a great ride from Blairsville.

3arhYcj.png

Repost for Selden (It was the em-dash character.)

Slept long and hard last night. Got everything unloaded. Returned the trailer. Went to the local Fall Festival in town and had a pork burger. Getting ready to remove the fuel tank. Thanks to everyone who assisted me when trying to make the bike run as well as all of the others who were concerned and wished me well. As soon as a correct diagnosis of the problem is found, I will post the results.

In the mean time, I'm getting a quiz together regarding Thursday nights parking lot gathering.

We got off to a late start this morning, arriving at the Hole in the Wall ~9:25. Nice, relaxed breakfast, then because we didn't see a crowd at the Best Western, and because the skies were bluer to the west, we headed for Blue Ridge, intending to get my espresso fix at L&L Beanery. Alas, L&L is no more, replaced by a sports bar called The Vault. No espresso.

Just as we were backing out of a parking space, up came Bernie, Dave, and some other familiar faces whose names I don't remember. We chatted a while, then Pam and I headed on foot for Main Street, where L&L Beanery had a branch shop. Also out of business, replaced by Das Kaffee Haus, which seemed to be run by a real German (or 2).

Homeward bound via 60 through Suches, then cut through the R Ranch at the Rock Pile, Black Mountain Road, to Camp Wahsega Road to Oak Grove, and finally home. Nice day for a ride.

Edited by Selden

There appears to have been an update to the BBS software overnight, as the user interface is a little different today for Active Threads and Active Posts. Only low ASCII characters now?, or is this a forum settings issue?

We stopped by Z. Brown yesterday afternoon, and the gates were closed, so I guess they aren't yet really open under the new management.

T Sheldon it was an unexpected pleasure to see you and Pam. Bernie has acquired a flat tire and we stopped and the scenic Countryside to effect repairs.

Sorry we missed you at the Best Western but got to say hello anyway. We love your new neighborhood.

I assume Bernie was well prepared with plug kit, air pump, etc. Flats with radial tires aren't nearly as exciting as they were with bias ply tires in the old days...

There appears to have been an update to the BBS software overnight, as the user interface is a little different today for Active Threads and Active Posts. Only low ASCII characters now?, or is this a forum settings issue?

The software update fixed a problem that arose after the move to a new server a couple months ago. Up until yesterday a high ASCII (>127) character in a post would make the entire post appear blank. That problem seems to be fixed, but the update has created it's own issues. More info over in Discussion Board Support.

Looks like a bunch of "hipsters" from all the people in the photos watching someone else do all the work!

We were keeping the witch at Bay. You of all people can appreciate that. :wave:

Looks like a bunch of "hipsters" from all the people in the photos watching someone else do all the work!

I didn't think it was the "witch" I assumed it was Mark (Markopolo) who has been along on many rides now where he or someone with him has a flat tire! :grin:

Not all were watching Bud, I was busy documenting and posting the event, you know, for posterity.

The scenery was beautiful as stated.

hAP941D.jpg

Terry

Pulled the tank, Removed the plate with the pump. External fuel filter mod done by previous owner. The U shaped rubber looks pretty new. Obviously not the original.

150680930675.jpg

Not all were watching Bud, I was busy documenting and posting the event, you know, for posterity.

The scenery was beautiful as stated.

hAP941D.jpg

Terry

Well, now no one can say I don't break down in beautiful places.

Thank you Terry for taking a few pictures, at least there is some proof we did leave the coffee shops. LOL

terryofperry
Not so sure of that. Seems like Terry has taken a liking to french roast coffee! :wave:

Yes Sir, I have.Be well Bud, see ya in Blowing Rock.

Terry

I didn't think it was the "witch" I assumed it was Mark (Markopolo) who has been along on many rides now where he or someone with him has a flat tire! :grin:

Hey now, you didn't see me with a flat. I did, though, offer Bernie moral support.

I wanted to say Thank you to Dave and Ken for another great BMWST outing. This was my second ST gathering and it was great getting to know a few more faces and screen names. It was also good to see few familiar faces again, though I unfortunately had to depart sooner than I wanted.

Thank you everyone who made FART happen.

Mike