BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#998283 - 10/03/17 03:44 PM Feedback - how?  
AndyS Offline
AndyS  Offline

Somerset, Great Britain.
Where do we go to leave feedback and suggestions about the ease of use and development of this fantastic website?

As an example, once into a forum and following a thread, at the top of the page is the option to go to 'Previous Thread' or 'Next Thread'. This used to be at the bottom of the thread and was a good place for it. However, in a perfect world it would be good if it appeared at both the bottom and the top so that the user can skip a thread, or, if they are reading down to the end, they can then just click 'Next Thread' without having to scroll all the way to the top.

Another example would be to have a 'View first unread' button on the top so that it will just jump to the first new post in the given thread.

#998356 - 10/04/17 05:12 PM Re: Feedback - how? [Re: AndyS]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Originally Posted by AndyS
Where do we go to leave feedback and suggestions about the ease of use and development of this fantastic website?

As an example, once into a forum and following a thread, at the top of the page is the option to go to 'Previous Thread' or 'Next Thread'. This used to be at the bottom of the thread and was a good place for it. However, in a perfect world it would be good if it appeared at both the bottom and the top so that the user can skip a thread, or, if they are reading down to the end, they can then just click 'Next Thread' without having to scroll all the way to the top.

Another example would be to have a 'View first unread' button on the top so that it will just jump to the first new post in the given thread.

Andy,
Right here in DBS is probably the best place for feedback and suggestions.

Regarding, the previous and next buttoms at the top of the page. I don't really remember them being at the bottom. But then again, I never used them. I guess it's really a matter of preference. Adding them to the bottom looks to be an easy fix. But, the latest release of the software is optimized for mobile use. So, maybe less is more on the buttons? On an iPhone, it seems to be in the right place (to me) If we had a consensus, we could certainly look into the change.

The software already handles the "view first unread" idea. If you've already been in a thread and come back at a later date, the little red number indicates the number of replies since you last visit. If you click into the thread, it jumps to those replies. If you read all of the replies, exit and jump back in...then it takes you to the beginning of the thread. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing.

-Mike
'08 GSA
"If I don't like it, I'm not blaming myself!"
K. Greiff
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."
M. Jagger