IGNORED

No D, it's not one of those! ;-)

TEWKS

The tractors are made by AYP for Husq. Up until about 2009, the AYP tractors were made for Craftsman. After Craftsman ditched AYP for MTD, Husqvarna started having the tractors made for them.

I know KTM & Husqvarna are pretty much one in the same. So, it sounds like they are selling a name only?

Pat

Dennis Andress

The engine is from KTM, but the bike is pretty much Husqvarna's design. There may be some KTM body parts mixed in...

Dennis Andress

We bought a tractor this year. Our property is very steep so I was looking for a locking differential. That narrowed the field down to about 6. The more I studied them the more I came to realize that each and every one of them would only cut grass. Seems obvious, but I don't even have real grass yet. I wound up spending twice what I'd expected and buying a Deere 500 series. For that I got a shovel attachment, wheel weights, and a 4 year 500 hour warranty. I bought a used chain harrow. I took the mower deck off around 2 hours; it has 12 on it now. Maybe next year I'll just cut grass...

tractor-trail-L.jpg

I bought a John Deere 318 at a dead guy auction. While it doesn't have a locking diff, it is a highly admired garden tractor. When I was researching getting a "do all", everything kept leading me to the 318. Mine has about 2000 hours on it and still going strong. The last of these work horses was made in 1992. I think eventually I'd like to have the locking diff so I'll find a 420 that is getting parted out and get it's rear. The only additional attachment I have is the front blade. I will throw a rear PTO and 3 point on it for a small bush hog. These things are so versatile.

Ooh yeah very nice but no, big-t pretty much nailed it. Heard it through the grapevine that KTM Doug has a new moto to show, maybe photobucket is slowing the process. :dontknow:

Pat

Dennis,

The KTM and Husky are now almost identical. Sort of a Chevrolet vs. a Buick. The only diff I see other then color and shape of some of the plastics is the Husky has billet machined triples as oposed to cast for the KTM and the Husky has a linkage rear suspension system. As you said, identical motors. Gearing is the same, tires, controls, etc. I wanted to try the linkage bike after I sold my friend my 2016 KTM 350. Probably my last bike at my age.

Dennis Andress

Doug,

Roads in the Olympic Peninsula are not that great for motorcycling. On the other hand this may be the best place imaginable for trail riding. Your Husqvarna would a great bike to have around here. I did a little bit of dirt riding with my F800 GS and decided I didn't want to invest the time and money to go further. I've gone back to a fast sport touring bike with plans to travel outside of the overgrown PNW rain forest.

Let me know if you have the urge to bring that bike up here. We're about 40 miles from the fun stuff, and there is a Husky dealer about 4 miles from the house.

Edited by Dennis Andress
Dennis Andress
I bought a John Deere 318

Seattle urban sprawl is encroaching on our little piece of happiness. That's okay, we'll take their money and retire somewhere really cool. Our plan is to sell the tractor in 3-4 years and the house in five.

Dennis,

The KTM and Husky are now almost identical. Sort of a Chevrolet vs. a Buick. The only diff I see other then color and shape of some of the plastics is the Husky has billet machined triples as oposed to cast for the KTM and the Husky has a linkage rear suspension system. As you said, identical motors. Gearing is the same, tires, controls, etc. I wanted to try the linkage bike after I sold my friend my 2016 KTM 350.

Not quite,Its an upgraded version of the 690 Enduro .2017 has the KTM Duke 690 motor with counterbalance shafts and 1k more RPM which squeezes out a mere 74 hp.Also has a better grade suspension with an inch more travel,slightly larger fuel tank,slightly different frame and probably more goodies that I can't bring to mind right now.

All of which are reflected in the sticker price.....Sigh

• 4 weeks later...

Tewks, it is ready to rock! All lowered, gearing changed added favorite pegs, steering damper, different seat, linkage protection and a couple different switches for lights and starting. So, after it rains a couple days, out to the bike part for some break in.

IMG_5432-M.jpg