IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY '17

It's on, the annual pilgrimage to Beatty! November 10 & 11 headquartered at the world famous Exchange Club

Give them a call 775-553-2333 and tell them you're with the BMW bike group.

Great roads, good company, big fun, come on out..........

Don J :wave:

The Duck must be psychic. It's been a while since I've been online here. And I was wondering what the status of this years DVD was before I signed in.

And here it is!

Sure, why not. Good friends, good times. :thumbsup:

:wave:

MB>

The Duck must be psychic

Naw.....

Psychotic .......maybe sometimes......

Psychedelic .....Well, there was this one time back in college............

The Sourdough Saloon is still closed, but the Happy Burro has just stocked up on PBR in anticipation of Mayor Todds return!

Don J :wave:

In the last several years at DV we've had a missile launch, a fleet of Asiatic Lamborghinis, lingerie in the rafters, singing waitresses and an extremely large bar dog. Who could resist?

In the last several years at DV we've had a missile launch, a fleet of Asiatic Lamborghinis, lingerie in the rafters, singing waitresses and an extremely large bar dog. Who could resist?

Don't forget riding into town right after it was released from being locked down by the government due to a fire at the radioactive/hazmat dump outside of town. Wouldn't let the locals leave or anyone in and kept telling them "nothing to see here, everything is safe" as the helicopters kept taking air samples over them. Oh and I'm ..... IN

IN! See everyone on Friday. I plan to ride the backroads from my house to McNally's on the Kern on Thursday is anyone is interested in meeting up there. Thursday's ride is always a great one. I currently have sent McNally's an email to see if there are rooms available and if the restaurant will be open. If either of those points fails then I'll stay in Kernville as many of us have done in past years. I think the motel was the Kernville Inn right next to the brewery. Is that right Graydude?

IN!Company I think the motel was the Kernville Inn right next to the brewery. Is that right Graydude?

Negative my friend. The Kern Lodge is the one knee walking distance from the brewery. 760-376-2223

Just booked my room at the Exchange club. Guy on the desk says, "We already have a bunch of rooms booked by the BMW group."

If you wanna go, you probably shouldn't wait too long to reserve a room.

:wave:

Well I'm in ,I just hope you guys don't ride so fast this year

Cornelis

I remember a few years ago as I was approaching the beautiful town of Trona. I was doing about 120 trying to stay in front. When I look in the mirror who do I see fast approaching, Cornelis he looked over grined and blew on by.. :grin:

Well I'm in ,I just hope you guys don't ride so fast this year

Cornelis

Welcome, at long last, to the board, Cornelis! But I think "TheFlyingDutchman" would have been a better board name. I assume your usual modesty prevented you from choosing it.

TheDigginDutchman

Hello Norm I forget why you were in such a hurry but I do remember having to wind that RT up to 130 just to get by.

But I was a younger man than.I though about the FlyingDutchman but sense I dig ditches for a living I thought it was more appropriate.

See ya all soon.

I have a room booked in the Kern Lodge for the Thusrsday night.

I'll probably take the Hwy-25 and Coalinga Rd, lunch in Parkfield. Then Yokhol Rd and 190 to Kernville.

Can't wait to see you all!

markgoodrich

I'm thinking about coming, had a good time a couple years ago, but I do have a few questions, given the dangers of riding in the U. S. West.

1. Whose bike can I borrow for a short ride? That red bike Carl brought to NmS was unrideable.

2. How far is it to the nearest Level One Trauma Unit?

3. Is that trauma unit nicer than the one in Fresno?

4. Is Larry Bump gonna be there? That might be a deal killer.

CoarsegoldKid

It will certainly be good to see and hear you Mark. I think a disguise would be good when mingling in the parking lot inquiring about trading rides. Offer to just ride around the building then head off to Titus Canyon. The nearest trauma unit is in Vegas. I'm not able to compare them, yet. I haven't heard from Larry about this event but he is a frequent attendee. He and I will be riding a Dual Sport event out of beautiful Pahrump, Nevada the weekend prior though.

Make your reservations for Thursday at the Kern Lodge in Kernville. You can even start Thursday morning in Coarsegold. It will be well worth it. You might even see the infamous corner on the way to Kernville.

We are down to two cats now.

The nearest trauma unit is in Vegas. I'm not able to compare them, yet.

I can't recommend the Las Vegas orthopedic trauma unit. Not if you want your both legs the same length and/or pointing to same general direction.

[

I'm thinking about coming, had a good time a couple years ago, but I do have a few questions, given the dangers of riding in the U. S. West.

1. Whose bike can I borrow for a short ride? That red bike Carl brought to NmS was unrideable.

2. How far is it to the nearest Level One Trauma Unit?

3. Is that trauma unit nicer than the one in Fresno?

4. Is Larry Bump gonna be there? That might be a deal killer.

I really like your sense of humor Mark!

I plan on being there. :stir:

Hope to see you at DVD.

markgoodrich
This could be entertaining ... :rofl:

You know what he did, Chris? He's what we call "just sorry" in Texas.

I like to died in front of the entire NmS group trying to ride an unrideable Honda, busted six ribs, bad, punctured a lung, bad, spent a week in the Fresno hospital (very bad), and he kept sending me photos of people having fun in restaurants. But the REALLY sorry thing that sorry guy did? He sent me a bunch of the rocks from where that Honda went crazy and ran into the side of a cliff.

He's just sorry.

• Like 1

Well, I'm glad you're recovered enough to stage the "Battle in Beatty" extravaganza. Ya think it might rival the "Thrilla in Manila" ? :Cool:

Okay, I'm in. I see Bump is in. I'm reversing my "deal killer" comment; I'm gonna kick his ass instead.

Mark, how do you feel about a vintage 2005 BMW K1200 LT that's getting kinda long in the tooth. I'd be happy to offer her up for a swap. That way I can go in with cash instead of a trade in. Win win!

markgoodrich
Okay, I'm in. I see Bump is in. I'm reversing my "deal killer" comment; I'm gonna kick his ass instead.

Mark, how do you feel about a vintage 2005 BMW K1200 LT that's getting kinda long in the tooth. I'd be happy to offer her up for a swap. That way I can go in with cash instead of a trade in. Win win!

Nah. I've ridden that model 90,000 plus miles. I need something sportier. DHanson says I should borry (his word) Cornelius's bike. Are there any road cuts to run into in Death Valley?

Is Carl gonna be there?

Whoops, I thought you said R1200RT. I never rode a K1200LT. Sure, just promise me the bus ride to Vegas isn't as bumpy as the ride down to Fresno.

Edited by markgoodrich

I think I could ride that!

You misunderstand. The medic will be riding this right behind you.

Of course the medic will stop short of following you into or over a mountainside.stirthepot.gif

Sure, just promise me the bus ride to Vegas isn't as bumpy as the ride down to Fresno.

All roads are bumpy when you have broken ribs.

Or, speaking from experience, a broken collarbone or acute appendicitis (not to be confused with having a cute appendix, which I no longer do).