BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 53 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 52 53
#1003413 - 01/10/18 06:20 PM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: Indy Dave]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
What a great and enthusiastic start to the New Year! If you're considering joining us - and yes, you should be old dance , please make your reservations. We've had to expand our block of standard rooms and standard rooms are getting tight for 4 night stays and Fri & Sat. I'm waiting to hear back the precise numbers of standard rooms that are currently available. You can register at NO RISK to you, as long as you cancel by 2pm 2 days prior to your arrival. WHAT A DEAL, 'eh' (Marcopolo)? We have Kinsley to thank for arranging the generous cancellation policy! bike read

I'll get us caught up on the Who's going tally shortly, first I'm off for my first ride of 2018. Remember, we keep the event info on the first page and update it as needed.

Workin' Them Angels . . .overtime
10' R12RT

Bumbling BackRoad Riders™

The point of the journey is not to arrive...

#1003439 - 01/11/18 02:32 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: Indy Dave]  
TN_R11_Girl Offline
Triple Toll Twin 2
TN_R11_Girl  Offline
Triple Toll Twin 2

Nashville, Tennessee
Was hoping to make reservation... But online says no availability. Will try calling tomorrow. Looking like I'll be able to manage this trip even with the new job!!

Shannon IBA 44616
'04 R11S (Roadrunner)
'69 F250 (Beast)
'09 328iX (Bebe)
"Tact: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that he anticipates the trip." Unknown
#1003440 - 01/11/18 02:42 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: Indy Dave]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
** FIRST THINGS FIRST~ Had my first ride of 2018 Through Bitter Winds and Stormy Skies today. Those of you following at home feel free to mix a beverage of your choice in celebration of this minor milestone.

But I digress . . .

Well . . . How did I miss all these posts? Or more to the point, how many pain meds were in my system when I saw them?! Did I see them?!? So many questions. . . . old Apologies for for not acknowledging the posts, which seem to have multiplied like rabbits ohboy whistle dontknow Anyway, lets see how many sign-ups have there been since . .. uhh .... errr...let's see, carry the one... and ummm TEN sign ups from here and a couple others arrived via the downlow clap beer

The good news is that the hip replacement is great and no more pain meds computer, so I guess I need to get back at it. Now where's my drink?!

Oldironken, OoPEZoO, hANNABONE(!), rogera, Tasker, LeBill and Chris k > Welcome and glad you can join us! I think you'll find you'll feel right at home and we look forward to seeing all of you - some for the first time and some others we've already had the pleasure of meeting and knowing clap

I've updated the attendance slide on the first page of the thread, and also posted it here below. Unless there is a special announcement, sign up updates are updated on the second slide on the first page. ALSO Standard Rooms are getting tight, so if you're on the fence, you may want to consider firming up a room and if things don't work out, you have plenty of time to cancel.

I'm not sure which days some of you are arriving, so I've made my best guess based on your geographic area. If I've got it wrong - SUCK IT UP, BUTTERFCUP shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it. If I'm proficient at anything, it's misappropriating a few riders every year. dontknow computer You can thank me in your declining years for helping to keep your mind limber and reading skills sharp! shake facepalm

This is going to be a great year and Kinsley and I are working on a few surprises for Blowing Rock. Happy New Year to one and all. See you soon!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by workin' them angels; 01/11/18 10:21 PM.

10' R12RT

#1003441 - 01/11/18 02:46 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: TN_R11_Girl]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
Originally Posted by TN_R11_Girl
Was hoping to make reservation... But online says no availability. Will try calling tomorrow. Looking like I'll be able to manage this trip even with the new job!!

Happy New Year Shannon! They have added some rooms as of today. But, yes, give them a call. I will follow up with them as well to be sure they update the web interface.

10' R12RT

#1003442 - 01/11/18 02:49 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: Indy Dave]  
ltljohn Offline
ltljohn  Offline

Haycock, PA
You can slide me over to the OUT category. On the good side family vacation is Hawaii this year. I get to take my son to Pearl Harbor/Arizona Memorial.

"I've received many honors but I've already received the highest award I'll ever receive, and that has been the privilege and honor of serving proudly in the United States Navy." RADM Grace Hopper

#1003443 - 01/11/18 02:55 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: TN_R11_Girl]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by TN_R11_Girl

Woo Hoo! clap wave

With the Unicorns still on my bike, perhaps I will be able to ride more than 23 miles???????

95% of an RT.

I haven't had too many Beemers, I just don't have enough time.
#1003444 - 01/11/18 02:58 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: ltljohn]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by ltljohn
You can slide me over to the OUT category. On the good side family vacation is Hawaii this year. I get to take my son to Pearl Harbor/Arizona Memorial.

Sorry to miss seeing you again, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Have a great trip!

95% of an RT.

#1003445 - 01/11/18 03:00 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: Indy Dave]  
Indy Dave Offline
Indy Dave  Offline

Indianapolis
JOHN!! Man, I've been saving this for your confirmed arrival date.

Enjoy the Islands and eat some Macadamia Nuts for me.

[Linked Image]

10' R12RT

#1003446 - 01/11/18 03:01 AM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: Indy Dave]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by workin' them angels
** FIRST THINGS FIRST~ Had my first ride of 2018 Through Bitter Winds and Stormy Skies today. Those of you following at home feel free to mix a beverage of your choice in celebration of this minor milestone.

You are a tougher man than I am. Glad to hear you are progressing so well.

95% of an RT.

#1003463 - 01/11/18 02:41 PM Re: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC [Re: TN_R11_Girl]  
lawnchairboy Offline
Snuggie Jesus
lawnchairboy  Offline
Snuggie Jesus

Chesapeake, VA
bring the snuggie.

The focus is sharp in the city.
Page 16 of 53 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 52 53