IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC

Indy Dave

April 12th ADMINISTRIVA

1. When you check in at the hotel - please record BOTH your present bike odometer (not trip) reading and the year of your bike. :read:

2. You'll need to send at least one or more (hint hint) picture(s) of any of: you, your group, your bike and scenery or any such combo from your Blowing Rock trip or ride, along with a specialty marked Box Top to: startfarting@gmail.com. Doing so will enter you into the Blowing Rock Bonanza Not To Be Missed Dinner Quiz Competitionâ„¢ © fine print: Email your pictures before the meal :beer::whistle::old:

3) The bar opens at 5:30 and the meal is at 6:30 on Friday (April20th).

4) Today (Thursday) is your last chance to get in on Friday's meal deal.

5) Just a friendly reminder. Up this way, its not been much of a Spring. Shaking down the bike yesterday for a couple hundred miles revealed dirty roads, large pot holes and plenty of dirt/ gravel here and there. I don't know what the roads are like where you are from or what roads you'll be taking to START, but just a reminder that the road surface may have changed since you rode it last and there may be a few more ...challenges..... on the roadway to be on the lookout for! :wave:

Kinsley :bike: and I :ohboy: are very much looking forward to seeing you all next week! :clap::Yes::wave::lurk:

2018%20START%20Blowing%20Rock%20NC%20annonce%20rev.jpg

To make an on-line reservation at the GROUP RATE, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to the Reservations Page at: http://www.reservations.meadowbrook-inn.com

2. Select your Arrival and Departure Dates and Number of Adults

3. Enter the following access code to view the discounted rate: 80418B

You can also call the hotel at 828-295-4300 and use group code: BMW Motorcycle Group or 80418B

EDIT: Kinsley :bike: and I :whistle: encourage you to 'follow' this thread so that you're kept informed of important announcements, dinner and route postings. . . and the occasional banter :rofl::stir::old:. By following the thread, you won't have to go searching page by page for announcements - they'll be delivered to your email inbox. To follow the thread, simply click the down arrow in the upper left box labeled "Thread Options" and highlight "Follow" :thumbsup:

2018%20START%20Blowing%20rock%20attending%20rev%20April%2015%20B.jpg

....... as of 8:45 PM EST April 15th, 2018

whos20coming20to20dinner20collage20420april2015.jpg

as of April 15th, 08:45pm

201820meal20annoncement20rev2055.jpg

route20link20slide20fixed.jpg

We're a month out from Blowing Rock and here is a link to the START 2018 Routes .

Note: Route 1 goes to Shatley Springs and they said they will be very busy on Saturday, so you may want to ride that route on another day to avoid crowds.

Ride Safe.

Kinsley

Edited by Indy Dave
Dang... that was quick! Entered info and website says already filled up... :dopeslap:

Several of us have had the same issue. I'm sure the problem is that the reservations site shows the rooms as "blocked", and won't allow them to be reserved online. I'm sure calling the hotel will work just fine.

EDIT: just called the hotel and reserved a room for Bob (Endobobdds), and me.

Edited by marcopolo

Sorry about the on-line reservation problem. For now we'll have to call in until they release the rooms to us on-line. At least we know our rooms are blocked

Yes Marty, we know you're busy, so we try to give as much notice as possible so you can squeeze a couple of days into your schedule ðŸ˜

IN, we think. Going to wait a couple weeks before making reservations.

Jennie and I are IN and reservation made Wed-Sun.

Craig, why wait if cancellation is so generous at only 2 days. They only require a credit card but don't charge it. It was gr8 seeing you and Terri. Maybe this time we can grab a bite to eat and chat more.

Dave, not understanding the arithmetic for 4 days...2*75+2*110=370 and that averages out to $92.50/day....unless I'm just :java::dopeslap:

Craig, why wait if cancellation is so generous at only 2 days. They only require a credit card but don't charge it. It was gr8 seeing you and Terri. Maybe this time we can grab a bite to eat and chat more.

Dave, not understanding the arithmetic for 4 days...2*75+2*110=370 and that averages out to $92.50/day....unless I'm just :java::dopeslap:

What's wrong with our math? 2x75=150, 2x110=220, 150+220=370, 370 divided by 4 = 92.50 per day average. You stay 4 nights to get that average.

What's wrong with our math? 2x75=150, 2x110=220, 150+220=370, 370 divided by 4 = 92.50 per day average. You stay 4 nights to get that average.

The image says $87.50 for 4 nights. What am I missing here?

I see that now, thanks for pointing it out.

I think I sent the info to Dave that the hotel sent me without checking the math.

We were going back and forth on rates to keep it under $100 per night, so we were averaging and saying it had to be a 3 night stay to get under $100

We will get it corrected.

Thanks for the warm and enthusiastic response for START! I'm on the road this week, so I'lll be a little slower than normal on responses. Keith and Ken - I'm not sure what you're referring to, the slide seems to have the correct math when I look at it?! :dontknow::money::computer:

Thanks for the warm and enthusiastic response for START! I'm on the road this week, so I'lll be a little slower than normal on responses. Keith and Ken - I'm not sure what you're referring to, the slide seems to have the correct math when I look at it?! :dontknow::money::computer:

I knew I was cross-eyed :old: Must be the age :whistle:

What's with the creek stuff. I'm IN and Confirmed. Will be riding Black Beauty.

Suspect this is Dave's way of saying we never know about Bud. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing you Bud no matter what you are or are not riding - just show up! :thumbsup:

InðŸ˜

What's with the creek stuff. I'm IN and Confirmed. Will be riding Black Beauty.

Great Stuff, Bud! Looking forward to seeing you. Please advise me your arrival plans so I can place you in the appropriate category, Sir.

PS: Black Beauty - is that what you're calling her? She certainly is that! :thumbsup: For some reason I thought it's name was Unicorn?! :wave:

Jim, Dave and Highway - Thanks, great to have an event to look forward to - always seems to shorten Winters hold. I'll get you updated this weekend when I get done peeping (and eating Lobstah) in Maine.

Edited by workin' them angels
In and reserved!

Awesome! What mods have you made so far? Jesse's? Bet you're loving the extra power and goodies or came with. We'll have to get it dirty... :thumbsup:

Keith