IGNORED

New Kaw

92Merc

She ain't the prettiest face in the crowd but man, sounds like she could rock (ooh supercharged :read:) your world! :grin:

Scoop3-01-1.jpg

Looks like there's a Z 900 RS Retro on the way also. :thumbsup:

Pat

Where did you see that picture?

I find it interesting that this picture shows a windshield very similar to the RT shield with the two black strips. The GoldWing spy photos are showing the same strips. I guess everyone has decided BMW must know something.

Dennis I agree, how come we cannot get a nice 900cc 475 lb wet ready to ride sport touring bike. Maybe a 750 triple S1000XR with bags and 4.5 gallon tank at 475 lbs. This is why I ride a 2007 Aprilia Tuono, 85% of the comfort of a R1200GS but at around 35lbs lighter weight. I will note, 2 up on the Tuono is not possible, so it does lack in that area.

Where did you see that picture?

The guys over at ADV rider find everything, they're good new bike detectives!

WWW.MOTOSTATION.COM was on the bottom of the pic. French I believe.

Pat

Dennis Andress
Not sure if my data is wrong but a F800GS naked with no side bags is 505 lbs. Not sure about the KTM

BMW says:

Dimensions / weights

Length 91.3 inches (2,320 mm)

Width (incl. mirrors) 37 inches (945 mm)

Height (excl. mirrors) 53 inches (1,350 mm)

Seat height, unladen weight 34.6 inches (880 mm) low seat: 33.5 inches (850 mm), rally seat: 36.2 inches (920 mm), comfort seat: 35.2 inches (895 mm)

Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1) 456 lbs (207 kg)

Dry weight 2) 408 lbs (185 kg)

Permitted total weight 954 lbs (443 kg)

Payload (with standard equipment) 502 lbs (236 kg)

^^ Now that's purty!

Not sure if my data is wrong but a F800GS naked with no side bags is 505 lbs. Not sure about the KTM

It's hard to get accurate weights on bikes because there's no constant but I usually use this site, seem to be better than most.

https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/bmw_f_800_gs_2009.php

https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ktm_950_adventure_black_2005.php

The KTM is significantly quicker than the 800 but I like the 800 better offroad, it's easier for me to manage.

Had one of these for awhile, had to sell it though, too scary.. Learned the safest thing was to just leave it in rain mode all the time : )

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/upload/275036/images/03aprilia-dorsoduro1200.jpg

Bill, I didn't even know that Aprilia Dorsoduro existed. That's a great looking bike. I've been drooling over Tuono's for a while now, but I just can't let my 1200GS go. Too many Powerwheels, scoooters, and little pink bikes in the garage right now. Someday though.....someday

Finally got my S1 back on the road last week, so I do have something quirky and fun to ride, but I wouldn't consider it reliable enough yet to get more than 30 miles from the house.

Wow 456 ready to ride, I like that size. Maybe I should head over to BMW of Atlanta and check one of those out. not sure were I got my information but 50 lbs difference is huge.

Wow 456 ready to ride, I like that size. Maybe I should head over to BMW of Atlanta and check one of those out. not sure were I got my information but 50 lbs difference is huge.

Morning Randy

You are probably looking more in the 485-490 pound range fully fueled up & ready to ride. BUT, the fuel in the 800gs is carried low & under the seat & more to the rear so they ride a like a much lighter bike.

If you remove the center stand, go to a Lithium Iron battery, remove the tubes from the tires & build them tubeless, remove the saddle bag racks, & convert to the older manually adjusted rear shock then you can get it down close that 456 range.

A big help is to remove the very heavy stainless steel muffler & replace it with an aftermarket alloy muffler (not only removes weight but removes HIGH weight) . Problem is, the aftermarket alloy mufflers drone sound raspy, harsh, & pretty darn awful.

Big problem in the USA is; unless special ordered (with little discount) the 800GS bikes come pretty well loaded so finding a base 800GS is like finding the Holy Grail.

The new 2018 800gs has a lot of changes so maybe that one will come in lighter ready to ride (I haven't ridden or weighed the 2018 yet)

Dennis Andress

Mine was a blast to ride. I sold it because my lower back hurt when sitting upright. The forks changed in 2013. They are still undersprung but damping is much better than the earlier forks. Handling with new springs was good, though limited by the 21" front wheel. The engine loves to rev.

Dennis