IGNORED

Nav VI Wiring

DaveCinNO

Finally upgrading my GPS to a Nav VI and have a wiring question. The GPS has two connections, a 3 wire for power and a 2 wire I assume is for sound. This is going on a 2013 RT with radio and BT 2.0 and I have an autocom with a BT adapter that connects to my phone. My question is should I connect the GPS 2 wire connection to the bike or BT the Nav VI to the bike. Will I lose anything by hard connecting.

I'd like to:

- be able to receive phone calls

- Link the phone to the gps for weather and traffic

On a 2013 there's no wonder wheel so that's probably the only difference. iPod and V1 still connect to autocom so I guess I may have partly answered my question. I suspect the phone needs to be BT'd to the gps for the weather link so the remaining question is should the GPS be BTd to the bike radio or use the hard connection.

If this has been discussed before please just point me in the right direction.

thanks,

There is a Canbus connection to the GPS. Do not mess with installation until you have correct wiring instructions.

This might be of some help:

Edited by AZgman

Actually wiring instructions were not easy to come by. Watched the video you sent along with some on the bmwlt site and have it figured out. For some reason i thought i would be able to connect the nav to the bike via BT but it looks like my only choice is the two wire connection.

thanks,

Dave -

If you can bluetooth your GPS to your Autocom, you won't need to worry about the 2 wires for sound. If you can't BT it, convert the 2 wires to a 3.5mm audio jack and plug it into the Autocom (for the best sound)

Personally, I'd go the 3.5mm jack since it provides more flexibility.

Jim

I tried using Bluetooth with the autocom and wouldn't stay linked. Found the 2 wire conn on the bike and am using that and it seems to work ok. My only complaint is if I mute music it also mutes the nav. My phone is bluetoothed to both the nav and autocom. To the nav for weather and traffic and to the autocom for NPR, Pandora, etc.

Did you find the nav Bluetooth link to autocom worked well? Maybe I gave up too quick.