BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#998350 - 10/04/17 04:31 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: mnTwin]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Originally Posted by mnTwin
The 'favicon' has switched to the default UBB instead of the custom one for BMWST. (The favicon is the tiny icon that shows up in the web browser tab.)

That favicon seems to be showing up correctly on the home page. But, it defaults back to the UBB favicon when you dive into the forum. We'll work on that.

-Mike
'08 GSA
"If I don't like it, I'm not blaming myself!"
K. Greiff
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."
M. Jagger
#998663 - 10/08/17 06:56 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: TheOtherLee]  
TheOtherLee Offline
TheOtherLee  Offline

Wilsonville, Oregon, USA
I said:
Posting to a thread automatically added it to my watched threads — ¡bravo!
Sadly, no longer true.

-Lee, '03 R1150RT, 124K miles.
"It's all tore down"
#998684 - 10/09/17 01:06 AM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: TheOtherLee]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Originally Posted by TheOtherLee
I said:
Posting to a thread automatically added it to my watched threads — ¡bravo!
Sadly, no longer true.

When you reply to a thread, there should be a button checked (at the bottom of the full editor) that will automatically add it to you watched threads. Also check your "Followed" settings in your preferences.

-Mike
'08 GSA
K. Greiff
M. Jagger
#998696 - 10/09/17 02:02 AM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: EffBee]  
TheOtherLee Offline
TheOtherLee  Offline

Wilsonville, Oregon, USA
Thanks, Mike -

-Lee, '03 R1150RT, 124K miles.
"It's all tore down"
#998702 - 10/09/17 10:10 AM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: greiffster]  
TestPilot Online
TestPilot  Online

Williamsville, NY
Originally Posted by greiffster

When you reply to a thread, there should be a button checked (at the bottom of the full editor) that will automatically add it to you watched threads. Also check your "Followed" settings in your preferences.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a "Followed" setting in Preferences.

Karl
2007 R1200ST
#998718 - 10/09/17 01:40 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: TestPilot]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee
Originally Posted by TestPilot

Karl,
Take a look in "My Stuff". You should see Followed Forums, Followed Threads, and Followed Users. Also, there is a setting under Preferences, "Should anything added to your Follow Lists be emailed to you"

-Mike
'08 GSA
K. Greiff
M. Jagger
#998740 - 10/09/17 04:51 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: greiffster]  
TestPilot Online
TestPilot  Online

Williamsville, NY

Karl,
Take a look in "My Stuff". You should see Followed Forums, Followed Threads, and Followed Users. Also, there is a setting under Preferences, "Should anything added to your Follow Lists be emailed to you"

Got it. What I was looking for was a preference setting to automatically add any thread you reply to to your Followed Threads list.

Karl
2007 R1200ST
#998744 - 10/09/17 06:33 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: TestPilot]  
greiffster Offline
Administrator
greiffster  Offline

Administrator

Clarksville, Tennessee

Got it. What I was looking for was a preference setting to automatically add any thread you reply to to your Followed Threads list.

If you reply to this thread and use the full editor...look at the bottom for the check box "Add this thread to my Followed Threads " Mine seems to be auto checked ON with every post. Admittedly, I haven't messed with it much.

-Mike
'08 GSA
K. Greiff
M. Jagger
#998925 - 10/12/17 09:25 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: greiffster]  
TestPilot Online
TestPilot  Online

Williamsville, NY
I haven't seen much improvement since the new software was introduced. Specifically, when can we expect to see some indication when we have read a specific post or when we click on Mark All Read? As of now there is no indication which threads are read and which are new.

Karl
2007 R1200ST
#998961 - 10/13/17 02:04 PM Re: Software has been upgraded. Now comes making it work. [Re: EffBee]  
Selden Offline
Selden  Offline

Atlanta, GA
This is a very minor nit, but I am also subscribed to an XT225 forum that uses UBB.threads. I like to save frequently used sites to the bookmarks bar of Chrome, eliminating the name, and just relying on the browser tab icon to distinguish one site from another. After the upgrade, the browser tab icon for BMWSportTouring deep links reverted to the generic UBB.threads icon, while the base URL for the portal page has the old icon. This is more easily described with a picture than with words:

[Linked Image]

The 3rd tab is the portal page; the 4th tab is for this post. I hope there is a BBS.threads config setting that defines this, and that it's not a "new feature."

Don't fix it if it ain't broke, don't break it if you can't fix it.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3