IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC

Indy Dave

I know my track record is beyond iffy, but I made reservations arriving Thursday Leaving Sunday.

Hopefully the stars will align and I can make it next year!

I know my track record is beyond iffy, but I made reservations arriving Thursday Leaving Sunday.

Hopefully the stars will align and I can make it next year!

Chris - Just glad to know you survived the hectic Fall schedule and weather dust up. We'll look forward to seeing you in Blowing Rock! :clap:

Needed to order a new battery. The old one gave up the ghost and wouldn't recharge.

Is that why your new to you bike failed to start during FART '17? Or our you talking about a car, pacemaker, or some other battery? :/

Edited by Endobobdds
Needed to order a new battery. The old one gave up the ghost and wouldn't recharge.

Is that why your new to you bike failed to start during FART '17? Or our you talking about a car, pacemaker, or some other battery? :/

No, the failure to start and repeated efforts seemed to kill of the 7 year old battery. :wave:

Nice to be back home, hope you all are able to get some riding in this week. I'm heading out ASAP. :burnout:

2018%20START%20Blowing%20rock%20attending%20rev%20oct%2018B.jpg

Edited by workin' them angels

A BIG SHOUT OUT to Greiffster and all of our relentless administrators for making this happen. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but one of our faithful members woke up from a nap :rofl::stir: and realized he'd been having a nightmare where he was trapped scrolling through page after page looking for posted routes only to find posts about plans to sell a bike, plans to buy a bike, plans to attend, plans to un-attend, plans to get a new battery for a pacemaker, mower, flashlight, garage door opener, cell phone, laptop, dog collar and the Cracker Jacks Decoder Ring. :stir: . . . and beer caps - good thing you don't need batteries to open those!

first%20slide%20annoncement%202.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

So.... For the first time since spring of 2016.... I'm

35716.png

Reservations made and arriving Friday night. If it doesn't snow up here, I will be there.

Shawn

35716.png

Reservations made and arriving Friday night. If it doesn't snow up here, I will be there.

Shawn

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lone_RT_rider
Hallelujah! Can't wait to see you and hear about your progress on HD's first horizontally-opposed twin! :clap:

What's the first rule of fight club?

35716.png

Shawn

Could you send a photo so we can re-introduce ourselves? :rofl:

Lone_RT_rider

Sure! This is me below. I send people down dirt roads with full dressed RT's........twice. ;):P

ken.insley2.jpg

Lone_RT_rider
Hey, they could have paved that road since the first time I sent you...just checking :Yes:

Who are you kidding? You had CRS disease even back then! :):facepalm:

Edited by Lone_RT_rider

It always starts with me saying "Hey, there's this road..." and usually ends with the other person saying...well, things I can't repeat here :dopeslap:

My lawyer will be in touch shortly, you can't photo shop my body like that without permission.

35716.png

Shawn

Don't let them give you a hard time. They only need a re-introduction because they CRS. :whistle:

Oops! I may have spoken too soon. 25th college reunion is that weekend. So I may have to come up Weds and leave Friday :grin:

It's also the 25th anniversary of the founding of our fraternity chapter, and since I was a founder, it's kind of a big deal. Ok, let the "frat boy" ribbing begin :lurk:

Lone_RT_rider
Ouch! :cry:

When they go low, we get high. Or something like that...

But you said, let it begin! :) You know it's all in jest my friend. I took tons of crap from my Sigma Chi and TKE room mates when I was doing Calculus homework on bar night. :) Of course, they got jobs out of college stocking shelves as a rep for a potato chip company. lol.

It always starts with me saying "Hey, there's this road..." and usually ends with the other person saying...well, things I can't repeat here :dopeslap:
'

My lawyer will be in touch shortly, you can't photo shop my body like that without permission.

Photoshop couldn't make my body look like that!

Don't be so sure about the limits of Photoshop. Case in point - look how distorted and excessive Photoshop made this anonymous Indy 500 intoxicated enthusiastic spectator look after his intoxicated thoughtful friend in the hat poured water on him (he was out of booze) ! :ohboy:

dave%20open%20shirt.jpg

The wife and her friend in the visor were not amused with either of us. :dontknow:

Edit: Note the grass stain on my friends shirt. He fell out of a Ricksha in the infield . . . . :rofl:

Edit: Note the grass stain on my friends shirt. He fell out of a Ricksha in the infield . . . . :rofl:

:rofl:

Nice pic. Glad to hear Indy is still Indy.

:rofl:

Nice pic. Glad to hear Indy is still Indy.

There is quite a colorful narrative that begins about 5:45am leading up to that photo, and as one can imagine, the story continues afterwards. It will make for a good parking lot tale sometime if anyone has interest. We hold 16 seats between 3 immediate rows of seats for the 500 - so there is more going on here unseen than just the unknown fan in awe seated next to me taking a picture of the Modern Version of David.

In my defense, I will only say that Brian - the water pouring gentleman - and his son had taken his sons GF for a tour of the aforementioned Infield. Brian's son had left me in charge of a large container (accounts as to the relative amount of beverage that was remaining in the container when the chain of custody fell to me is disputed between several parties) of his seemingly innocuous beverage concoction. In their absence, I discovered how tasty said beverage was. And curiously addictive. :beer: By the time they returned from the infield, the mystery concoction had worked its magic not only on Brian and his son (who off camera is seated - but only because he is propped up), but also on . . . wait for it . . . Yours Truly ! Shortly after this photo was taken (for posterity purposes :spittake:) my wife offered to hold my drink for me. It seemed very thoughtful to me at the time, since I'd dropped my phone twice by then :wave: - I figured she was wanting to spare the innocent fans seated in front of me the possibility of me spilling my beverage on them. . . :spittake: Alert readers will have surmised by now that IF that was a concern of hers, it was not her primary concern. :rofl:

Many in our group that year I have known all of my life. Even so, many were overheard saying variations of this sentiment: I have never seen Dave so . . . colorful. I must have had a great tan that year??

And yes, I did get the recipe for the addictive beverage :whistle:

Wonderful Jerry! I look forward to meeting you and Barbie! :clap:

Thanks also for the online registration confirmation - all it takes is one call from Kinsely to get things straightened out :computer:

Mark - I understand how things can get in the way. So glad you have us marked down on your calendar and are planning to join us in Blowing Rock! Looking forward our time together! :clap: :clap: