IGNORED

Why?

BeemerBerg

Why, can't BMW Motorrad make a seat that FITS a human butt? (I'm German, and MY butt don't fit)

Why, with every new model, the fairing storage gets SMALLER, and smaller ('99 vs '05 vs '16RTW. Why bother?

Why, if you misplace the only key they give you ("fob"), you're NOT going for a ride? And the dealer suggests you store said "fob" in one of those above-mentioned tiny storage boxes? Why, if the battery in said "fob" dies, so does your ride? Why will my insurance company refuse my claim if someone figgurs out they don't need a key to steal my bike, because I followed my dealers advice?

Why discontinue the best tank bag system (the "rail" on 2005-2013), to revert to old school tank bag system?

Why make a fancy "film fuel strip", known to fail, and keep replacing it for the next 12 years, when old school float gauge worked perfectly?

Why did BMW have to re-invent the screw on the wet heads??

Why, for a motorcycle designed in a wind tunnel, does the windscreen have to be so noisy?

Why does the DOT (Department of Transportation) issue a recall of switchgear, reflectors, fork tubes--but NOT Final Drives, whose bearings/seals puke oil all over the rear wheel/tire when they fail? (A more serious safety issue).

Why do none of the farkles I put on my '05 or '10, fit on my '16?

Why do I keep buying these fabulous bikes??

Why make it simple, when Motorrad can be on the cutting edge of complicated?

Answer: AFTER MARKETS! Thanks to all the entrepreneurs out there that make our bikes rideable😃 God bless capitalism.

What's your "Why"?

Edited by BeemerBerg

I've found that occasionally spending a couple of hours spent with a nice bottle of Scotch has helped me discover the answers to many of the mysteries of the Universe. I'd suggest you give this a try and then report back to us with the answers to your questions.

I've found that occasionally spending a couple of hours spent with a nice bottle of Scotch has helped me discover the answers to many of the mysteries of the Universe. I'd suggest you give this a try and then report back to us with the answers to your questions.

+1

Forget about the mysteries of the universe, why does the Scotch make a high dollar audio system sound better?

Sugar will kill you...better to go with the alcohol :grin:

Funny thing is it seems that cars and bikes made in Germany tend to go designing and making these machines in their own way VS all others. some stuff is very cool, some stuff is over thought, other stuff is neither but just different. If you buy a German marque machine and didn't know this, that is a big why :dontknow:

• 1 month later...
Why, can't BMW Motorrad make a seat that FITS a human butt? (I'm German, and MY butt don't fit)

Why, with every new model, the fairing storage gets SMALLER, and smaller ('99 vs '05 vs '16RTW. Why bother?

Why, if you misplace the only key they give you ("fob"), you're NOT going for a ride? And the dealer suggests you store said "fob" in one of those above-mentioned tiny storage boxes? Why, if the battery in said "fob" dies, so does your ride? Why will my insurance company refuse my claim if someone figgurs out they don't need a key to steal my bike, because I followed my dealers advice?

Why discontinue the best tank bag system (the "rail" on 2005-2013), to revert to old school tank bag system?

Why make a fancy "film fuel strip", known to fail, and keep replacing it for the next 12 years, when old school float gauge worked perfectly?

Why, for a motorcycle designed in a wind tunnel, does the windscreen have to be so noisy?

Why does the DOT (Department of Transportation) issue a recall of switchgear, reflectors, fork tubes--but NOT Final Drives, whose bearings/seals puke oil all over the rear wheel/tire when they fail? (A more serious safety issue).

Answer: AFTER MARKETS! Thanks to all the entrepreneurs out there that make our bikes rideable😃 God bless capitalism.

What's your "Why"?

Why is the front mudguard too short to live up to its name?

Why does the Nav V have way more functions when fitted to a GS than when on an RT?

Why does the speed display disappear when you use the stereo?

Why have they removed the mute button?

Why do I have to use a "wonder"wheel to turn the heated grips on?

Why does the RT not have a LED headlight?

Why does the RT not have the K1600's self levelling headlight?

Why is a forward and rear dashcam not a OEM option?

Why do you have to use the keyfob to set the alarm on a keyless bike?

Why do you have to use a key to remove the seat on a keyless bike?

Why do you have to unscrew the rear seat on a Wethead RT?

Why do you have to purchase an after market central locking kit to lock the Nav onto a Wethead RT?

Why do cars have rear fog lights and not bikes when bikes are more likely to going slower in poor weather?

Why are mirrors positioned so that the use of handlebar mitts makes them useless?

Why are there so many questions in these lists?

What's your "Why"?

Why is the front mudguard too short to live up to its name? Damn Stylists

Why does the Nav V have way more functions when fitted to a GS than when on an RT? Are those few extra functions so valuable?

Why does the speed display disappear when you use the stereo? Why did they put in digital speed display in the first place if there is already a speedometer?

Why have they removed the mute button? Mine is incorporated in the on/off button

Why do I have to use a "wonder"wheel to turn the heated grips on? For the same reason that one has to use the wonderwheel to operate the heated seats. I suppose the alternative would be to have just 2 heat settings as on the GS.

Why does the RT not have a LED headlight? Cost saving, I presume. The RT has a lot more light area than the GS which does have an LED headlight.

Why does the RT not have the K1600's self levelling headlight? Cost, weight.

Why is a forward and rear dashcam not a OEM option? For the same reason it is not an OEM option on BMW vehicles.

Why do you have to use the keyfob to set the alarm on a keyless bike? Mine keyed 2014 bike has an automatic setting for the alarm.

Why do you have to use a key to remove the seat on a keyless bike? Don't know.

Why do you have to unscrew the rear seat on a Wethead RT? Don't know - it's a pain compared to the previous RT.

Why do you have to purchase an after market central locking kit to lock the Nav onto a Wethead RT? BMW are stupid, but the K1600 system adds weight and cost.

Why do cars have rear fog lights and not bikes when bikes are more likely to going slower in poor weather? Ask the legislators that question.

Why are mirrors positioned so that the use of handlebar mitts makes them useless? The German police don't use mitts.

Why are there so many questions in these lists? How does one manage to concentrate on riding with so many questions and niggles going round in one's head?

:):lurk:

Edited by John Bentall

You want another WHY? O.K. Here's one:

Why doesn't BMW consult with riders about things such as all those above? (and others)

Clue: There are numerous BMW local organizations that would welcome/host BMW "officials" who are interested in such gathering to listen to such things...

Why BMW have instrument cluster full of information like NASA's center of operation, but still can't find place for side stand position indication.

Why BMW have instrument cluster full of information like NASA's center of operation, but still can't find place for side stand position indication.

My indicator is next to my left boot, can't miss it.

Cuz gravity works every time?

You want another WHY? O.K. Here's one:

Why doesn't BMW consult with riders about things such as all those above? (and others)

Clue: There are numerous BMW local organizations that would welcome/host BMW "officials" who are interested in such gathering to listen to such things...

Because they think they're better than Steve Jobs at knowing what we can't imagine and can sweep their boo-boos away with a new model for more $ when they are oh so wrong. (servo brakes come to mind).

What's your "Why"?

Because that rail is/was ugly. I had a chicane tank bag on my 04 RT. It worked great. Need to find a suitable replacement for the 15 RT.

Snowy

What's your "Why"?

Because that rail is/was ugly. I had a chicane tank bag on my 04 RT. It worked great. Need to find a suitable replacement for the 15 RT.

Snowy

I don't think the rail is ugly. And it's quite practical. Easy on and off.

Doug