IGNORED

Brake failure light on r1200rt

raybob

My Brake Failure light comes on at start up, as it should. My problem is that it seems to be taking longer and longer for it to test the system and go out. Today it took almost 5 Miles. Any suggestions?

My Brake Failure light comes on at start up, as it should. My problem is that it seems to be taking longer and longer for it to test the system and go out. Today it took almost 5 Miles. Any suggestions?

Evening raybob

What year 1200RT are you working with? There are 2 different braking systems & they have different problems.

Sorry. 2005

Morning raybob

You are not riding off with your foot on the brake pedal or slightly pulling on the hand lever are you?

If you aren't riding off with the brakes partially applied then possibly a low fluid level in one of ABS controller reservoirs (under fuel tank) or ?????

Is your speedometer working correctly at first ride-off ?

Do you have full braking power during the time that the light is on?

Is the tail light & brake light working correctly?

Without a brake failure code or codes (GS-911 or dealer computer) it is basically a guessing game on your brake failure.

With it working most of the time but taking longer for the dash light to go out that sort-of points to a low controller reservoir fluid level but that is just a somewhat educated guess from afar.