IGNORED

New (to me) GS

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

If all goes according to plan, I'll be fetching a new-to-me '15 GS.

IMG_20170722_113056a.jpg

Now comes the more difficult decision: keep or sell the '02. I sold an 1150GS once before and regretted it ever since.

John Ranalletta

Thanks. Hope so. Can't wait. Don't have a driver; so, it'll come home (250 miles) on the trailer.

It's been an interesting month of parsing CL, Advrider and other sites. Once I landed on the '15 model, I could narrow it down based on mileage, accessories, etc. Some CL sellers are brain dead. A couple of finalists got sold while I debated which uncomplicated the decision somewhat. One CL seller wouldn't answer my text questions. I never tried to beat anyone down or play one against another. There's what appears to be a really nice specimen near NYC but the seller's price when compared to the one I bought was just too high considering a model year's difference and the farkles.

Now comes the more difficult decision: keep or sell the '02. I sold an 1150GS once before and regretted it ever since.

I see no issues in keeping a backup

John Ranalletta

I'll have my wife call you. :D

Actually, it's more of a real estate problem. I'm out of space unless I park the zero turn lawnmower outside under a tarp. I've already got the go and drifter carts under a tarp and two moto trailers in the parking space. The place is starting to look like Sandford & Son Salvage.

Sanfordandsontitlecard.jpg

The current GS lives on its Handy lift in the shop; so, it has to move out.

I have been thinking about taking a couple of off-road schools and the old GS would work, especially, not worrying about dumping it.

Edited by John Ranalletta
Lone_RT_rider

Actually, it's more of a real estate problem. I'm out of space unless I park the zero turn lawnmower outside under a tarp. I've already got the go and drifter carts under a tarp and two moto trailers in the parking space. The place is starting to look like Sandford & Son Salvage.

Sanfordandsontitlecard.jpg

The current GS lives on its Handy lift in the shop; so, it has to move out.

I have been thinking about taking a couple of off-road schools and the old GS would work, especially, not worrying about dumping it.

John, I see another purchase in the near future. :)

514176_Vierkandt_1_t.jpg

John Ranalletta

Chris...thanks. You'll remember our dinner conversation about your experience with the GS.

Shawn...I've thought about it, but there is a building restriction re: how much of one's lot can be developed (not left green).

I'm looking for acreage though. Ruth says as soon as I buy it, build a house and furnish it, she'll move in. Says she's remodeled her last house.

Dennis Andress

Shawn...I've thought about it, but there is a building restriction re: how much of one's lot can be developed (not left green).

Paint it green?

John Ranalletta

Paint it green?

I got a building permit for a workshop a few years ago and never built it $$$$$. When talking with the code enforcement person, she brought up an aerial photo of my property. Sure wasn't Google maps 'cause she could count the boards on my deck.

Ya really don't want her to do that ;) she might not like what she hears.

Aaahhh, never shall I live again where I can't do on my purchased property what I'd like to do. Unrestricted is the way to go.

I got a building permit for a workshop a few years ago and never built it $$$$$. When talking with the code enforcement person, she brought up an aerial photo of my property. Sure wasn't Google maps 'cause she could count the boards on my deck.

Build anyway, take a chance. I'm a code dodger ;) Bigger decks added, room additions, additional storage building all without permits or inspections. So far, never charged, and it's several years in the making.

Of course, I have plenty of storage space, so, if you'd like to store it and have someone occasionally give it a run, I'm the guy :)

Dennis Andress
[

Build anyway, take a chance. I'm a code dodger ;) Bigger decks added, room additions, additional storage building all without permits or inspections. So far, never charged, and it's several years in the making.

When I lived in Riverside, CA the county would do aerial surveys every 5 years, and grandfather in anything new. Kitsap County, WA, where we are now living is the complete opposite. The county roams around looking for changes. I've a neighbor who calls code enforcement every time I hire somebody to remove dead trees. (We live in a rain forest kind of place).

Paint it green?

Perhaps the code enforcement dept owns a drone????? Big Brother is watching us. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Paint it green?

Perhaps the code enforcement dept owns a drone????? Big Brother is watching us. :grin:

"One Nation, Under Surveillance . . ."

John - Congrats on the new wheels. Reminds me, I'm still waiting for our first ride, Neighbor! :wave: