IGNORED

R1150 TPS voltage polarity

14TLC

Hello,

Does anyone know what voltage polarity should be expected on the TPS connector? Harness side / Motronic with TPS disconnected. I know voltage should be 4.5V to 5V, but what about polarity.

I get around 4.9V between pin 2 and 4, pin 2 being positive. Between pin 1 and 3 around 4.8V, pin 1 being negative.

Hello,

Does anyone know what voltage polarity should be expected on the TPS connector? Harness side / Motronic with TPS disconnected. I know voltage should be 4.5V to 5V, but what about polarity.

I get around 4.9V between pin 2 and 4, pin 2 being positive. Between pin 1 and 3 around 4.8V, pin 1 being negative.

Morning 14TLC

Pin 2 is 5v into the TPS

Pin 4 is TPS reference low (ground)

Pin 1 is reference (part throttle reference into Motronic)

Pin 3 is reference (full throttle reference into Motronic)

Basically pin 2 should be a very controlled 5 volt from the Motronic into the TPS, pin 4 is a solid unchanging low (this makes both TPS internal resistors very linear & predictable in voltage drop across them. From there wipers on pin 1 & pin 3 ride those resistors & send the varying voltage (throttle position) back to the Motronic.

To get USABLE reliable TPS voltage out of pin 1 & pin 3 the TPS MUST be hooked up so that it has the 5v on pin 2 & the low (ground) on pin 4 is pulling the low side of the internal resistors to reference low.

Volt meter impedance can have an effect on measured voltage.

Added: check your PM on this site as I sent you a TPS pin-out schematic.

Edited by dirtrider