IGNORED

Oil Pressure Sensor Leak

McDuugle

I have noticed a small leak which seams to be coming from the Oil Pressure Sensor, which is located top right of the sight glass. Can I replace just a o ring or seal or do I need a new sensor? Please advise. (part # would be help as well)

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

I have noticed a small leak which seams to be coming from the Oil Pressure Sensor, which is located top right of the sight glass. Can I replace just a o ring or seal or do I need a new sensor? Please advise. (part # would be help as well)

Morning Dave

First make sure that it is tight (caution don't overtighten it as you can crack the case).

If tight then you probably have a leaking switch-- As Jim mentioned there are 2 styles so either take your switch out & take with you to the BMW dealer or take it to your local auto parts store & match it up ( just make sure that the terminal matches "exactly" what you presently have & the thread pitch & thread taper is the same) -- (your bike had 2 different switches used with different terminals & some were modified to use whatever switch was available)