IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Is this a super rare bike or is this guy smoking crack? https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-bmw-1200-gs/6264241154.html

$11000 for a 2005 12GS with a broken odometer? :rofl:

Rare? Well, I suppose most of them have functional odometers, so....

Also, I wonder if the really low miles are related to the broken odometer. Like, does the ad saying "+/- 6000 miles" mean the bike has about 6000 miles, the odometer is off by about 6000 miles, or that the odomter broke around around 6000 miles, you know - back in 2005 ;)

Not too far from me Honda Dream

You know, for what the seller wants for this bike, one could have put about a 50% down payment on a home at the time the bike was made.

I'm not a fan of most cafe racers, but the level of finish on this one makes it stand out.

00t0t_gyULah3Yja8_600x450.jpg

Link

I'd ride that! I bet it's pretty zippy thanks to the weight loss program - and I know it wouldn't be as cool, but I do think I might want the tail lights to be a little bit more visible to following traffic. Or, I guess you could just never slow down...

Dennis Andress
Not a giveaway here but if you absolutely need to have one, these three look like gems! :thumbsup:

Pat

I'd had a lot of fun on one of those. I'm not sure how much fun because the odometers were fickle, but I think maybe 250K miles of fun. Nostalgia sets in every time I see one for sale. Then I have a flashback to horrible engine detonation. A head wind blast when cresting a hill on a hot desert day could bring visions of hammered pistons.

Dennis Andress

Someday I'm gonna fix it..

Mine looked like that, twice. The second time I was stationed in Frankfurt and got to pick and chose parts at a salvage place. Don't scratch those sweet aluminum turn signals, they're unobtainium today.

After riding my ST yesterday I realized the low bar lean into the wind riding position started with the R90S. I suppose it wasn't all bad...

A nice example of my first bike. Dammit.

'86 Honda Interceptor

8Ucg4oYzmgvQYbVtsiK5PDU4JCXQ9iOBeo0U4wUUAC41yqU34qXA6T1NfDXxHGSer1NF17-eAwhjvp-3zQ=w800?=.jpg

Thanks a lot. I'm actually thinking of buying it. It is in my opinion one of if not the most beautiful bike I've ever seen.

Edited by Marty Hill

Did you check out the link to his website at the bottom of the page?

http://v4dreams.com/

Yup, he's got a thing for interceptors.

That bike has a sound like nothing else.

Lone_RT_rider

Did you check out the link to his website at the bottom of the page?

http://v4dreams.com/

Yup, he's got a thing for interceptors.

That bike has a sound like nothing else.

Shannon used to have a VFR. She had a deep appreciation for that bike. In the end, I think she only got rid of it to keep her fleet manageable at a number of one. :)

Shawn

That deal between Suzuki and Kawasaki was kinda weird.

Yes it was. I think that it was a cost sharing endeavor at the time to fill gaps in each company's lineup.

Pat

Looks like they're already gone but here's a pic, pair of 81 DR500's, $1150. or best offer. Doug I'd need large hill to get one of those beasts running which everyone knows, doesn't exist where I live : )

00606_1KCS17Frmid_1200x900.jpg

Edited by roadscholar