IGNORED

r1150r Aba1 removal

marc48

Can anyone please given me advice on what's involved in removing the Abs/servo unit and going back to standard brakes as my Abs unit has failed.

Thank you

Marc48

Can anyone please given me advice on what's involved in removing the Abs/servo unit and going back to standard brakes as my Abs unit has failed.

Thank you

Marc48

Afternoon Marc48

You State an R1150R but talk of ABS 1-- One doesn't fit with the other?

Do you have real R1150R (not an RT) with I-ABS (wizzy) brakes of do you have an earlier R bike with the earlier ABS brakes?

I have done this before. You will need a supply of extra hoses and fittings, pieces.

First the joint behind the frame neck is a 4 way.

If you don't have extra parts, you can cut crimp off the two pipes in rear that go to the ABS unit.

Better If you have the parts , you can completely A. remove 4 way joint it and use another hose from the front master cylinder which splits to 2 calipers.

B, use a correct fitting (union) that lets you keep the hoses you have going down to calipers and up to m/c,

C. Find correct brake fittings to plug these 2 empty fittings to rear. (smaller size than front 2 )

The rear m/c goes up and down with pipes.

A. remove the pipe going up to ABS

B. Remove and replace the hose going to the rear caliper to directly fit the m/c.

Bleed air, replace fluids and remove excess pipes once these connections are made.

Remove ABS unit from under the tank.

I don't think these will apply:

In 2004 BMW started using reverse brake switches on the RT and don't know if the R has any problems with computer ?

In 2005 BMW started using brake switching through the computer?