IGNORED

New 2018 F 750 GS & 850 GS

TEWKS

Wow, I had no idea I needed a new F 850 GS, until BMW told me so! :dopeslap::revit::dontknow::grin:

Pat

Morning Pat

Looks like some improvement & some not so improved.

Bolt on rear foot peg brackets are a BIG improvement as they can now be removed so the frame doesn't get bent during off-road encounters.

Still needs a much better windscreen.

Still drastically needs a higher front lower fender as mud build-up will jam that front wheel & stop it from turning very quickly . (I was hoping the new 850 would have this addressed)

Moving the chain to the side stand side is a big downgrade in my book as that makes chain service much more difficult if the center stand is removed for off-road clearance.

Some of the engine fueling mods sound like a good improvement as the old 800GS's had very snatchy throttle control.

I can see it's first recall. In most angles I can't see the rear reflector as it is hidden by the muffler in a lot of angles. Current owners of 1200 GS's know all about this. I need to get my new reflectors for my Varios. Except, I just ordered a set of Globe Scouts to install next week. Bought some reflective stuff for them from Fernando. :clap:

3.9 gal tank? Really? Do like they made the new display though, plus a touch lower and cruise finally. Until I see how compares to the AFRICAN Twin though I'll just keep waiting for my GSA.