IGNORED

K1600 Grand America

John in VA

And those exhaust pipes.....more like chromed sewer pipes....when did BMW Motorad think it'd be a good idea to go back to the 1950's for design ideas?

Style wise, it's not my cup of tea :java: but I can guarantee, I'd have the biggest smile munching highway miles on that thing! :thumbsup:

Pat

Dennis Andress
So it's basically the K1600B, given a GT treatment with the trunk. Am I missing something?

No, that's about it. Kind of an experiment to see what can be done with parts on hand to increase sales. I like it more than the K1600B, which is not to say that I do like it.

Edited by Dennis Andress

The color is ... interesting. The taillight array looks very un-BMW to me. More like a Prius -- or a Victory.

Not dissing anybody's ride but the wide swept back tiller handlebars seem to be a handful for the rider winding around the narrow plaza in the video.

I do wish I had those adaptive headlights on my RT.

I couldn't decide if it had forward controls or the rider just had their feet on the engine bars?

I had to clean up the floor after seeing the first color...........

Eeeeewwww!

It looks like they went from Bagger to Gagger...

Winner!

Sometimes I just wonder, do they get they drunkest visitor to Octoberfest to choose colors, and color names?

A while back, the mothership foisted Mauve on us...

couldn't give them away.

Nope.

No way.

No how.

What are they thinking?

LOL .... while I hated the Mauve, Aquamint and that other R1200RT color that was a blue green blend ... I like this gold color! But then like most things motorcycling it is a personal thing.

The bags look like the Bagger bags that do not come off as Smoky noted. And why would they limit the speed to 101? Not that would pose a problem for me as I have only gone over 100 once but still seems odd for a BMW!

Edited by RTinNC
Dennis Andress
LOL .... . And why would they limit the speed to 101?

I kinda think that has something to do with who they want to sell it to...

IMHO, . . . . don't think so. Just not my cup of tea.

And it probably won't be needing a reflective vinyl kit, either. It looks like that color alone should get you plenty of notice and conspicuity!

+1 on the color for sure!!

I like it..had a '73 Targa that color, got lots of compliments.

D7K_5514.JPG

Might be making a comeback.

Mercedes-AMG%2BGT%2B1.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2062/2461551429_9b29879e8a.jpg?v=0

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/546a6960e4b02520b106a456/583cd395f5e2313f41bd7e35/583cd3f78419c26447998930/1480381445126/IMG_3114.jpg?format=1000w

Edited by roadscholar

Dear BMW,

Find Hans Muth

Offer him a ton of money

Give him some paper and a pen

Hans moved on but appears there's still some paint leftover : )

R100RS%2520gold%2520(1).jpg+orig+gold.jpg

Well, it did handle those twisties in the parking lot pretty well. :lurk:

The music in the video should give you a clue that it's not being marketed to older riders.

BMW isn't afraid to take chances on something different.

Let's revisit this thread in two years and discuss the sales data. :grin:

Edited by Bud

Bill,

I don't see the 1600 as Havana Gold.

There are other u toobs out there and color

seems to have a greenishly putrid echo, on my monito

Bill,

I'm seeing it as dried mustard.

Maybe it just does not photograph well. Many of BMW's recent colors change appearance in different light, so I'm withholding judgement until I can see it in person.

I'm kinda leaning towards calling it Baby Poop Yellow. The first few poo's coming out of a newborn all all kinds of fun colors.

I'd have to go Henry Ford on this unit. You can have any color as long as it's black...

I'm kinda leaning towards calling it Baby Poop Yellow. The first few poo's coming out of a newborn all all kinds of fun colors.

I'd have to go Henry Ford on this unit. You can have any color as long as it's black...

Concur, or if you had been raised around cattle you wouldn't see anything but calf sh__ yellow. Worse than Phoenix yellow that they offered on the E46 M3

Edited by mickeym3
Bill,

I'm seeing it as dried mustard.

Maybe it just does not photograph well. Many of BMW's recent colors change appearance in different light, so I'm withholding judgement until I can see it in person.

I knew it was a little different than the 70's color, the '73 911 and Havana RS were almost identical though if not the same Glasurit code, but both the old and new hues change color depending on direct/indirect and artificial/natural light. The point is they're in-your-face colors meant to extract strong emotion and apparently it's already working. :grin:

Coming in late, but have to say as others have alluded not appealing to me. Since we have the long distance and baggers already I vote for this red color and more this type of platform for a performance model. Honda CBX

K1600B with a trunk. Meh.

The color looks like the same one I've seen on M3s (or are they M4s now?). I like it, but I think it looks way better in person. But I think it's one of those love it or hate it colors.