IGNORED

Cedar Key XIV

That's right, time for the fourteenth annual meet and eat in Cedar Key.

Saturday, January 27, 11:30, Dock Street,Cedar Key, Florida.

We'll eat on the waterfront.

Those wanting to come down earlier, we'll be there Friday.

McGruff's Happy Hour Friday and Saturday watching the sun set over the water, we're hosting, at the Far Away Inn.

sunset.jpg

Dinner Saturday night by aclamation.

So, hope to see the Usual Suspects from Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta, and ???

Great opportunity to plan a winter ride, eat great food, and hang with compadres.

Bernie will organize a route from Jacksonville.

Rich and the Tampa Bay Riders will be there.

Maybe even the Carolina folks.

Beth, McGruff, and I look forward to seeing y'all there.

Roger, that's great.

2 or you?

For those staying overnight, anyone up for the Sunset cruise again?

PM thoughts, thanks.

Changes in plans, I have to be most likely at a Gymnastics event with my granddaughter in Orlando.

Once I know what day she competes that weekend, I can change my plan and possibly make it. :S

Sure hate to miss Cedar Key, but that is life.

So for right now, I am "OUT". :(

A first, not the good kind. :(

But, maybe things change/work....

Still looking forward to seeing the new ride.

So, Jax riders, who is going to pretend to chase Bernie and lead the others?

• 1 month later...

I've wanted to do this for a long time...but it's always nestled between my granddaughter's birthday and my anniversary. I'd be burned at the stake twice! I'd be a great winter ride from here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't want jinx myself.

If I can make it home from Kissimmee, FL and my granddaughter's Gymnastic Meet early enough, I should be able to make the lunch.

Two weeks.

11:30 Dock Street

Cedar Key, Florida

Friday sunset Happy Hour, pedestrian only.

:)

Saturday, lunch waterfront on Dock Street.

Saturday evening Happy Hour, same as Friday, Far Away Inn, waterfront pavilion.

Saturday night dinner choice by group...

:lurk:

Yes, it's looking good. I'm in Clearwater for work for a few days. 9 days on the bike in decent weather...that's not bad.

Sorry to miss you "Dad"

Don't worry, I'll get your free dinner for you... :eat:

I'm in Crystal River tonight and will be in Cedar Key after lunch Thursday. :bike:

Lone_RT_rider
I'm in Crystal River tonight and will be in Cedar Key after lunch Thursday. :bike:

Crystal River is a great little area. We did some diving there last year about this time in the springs. Also, snorkeling with the manatee is fun too. Of course, thankfully my wet suit was black and not grey. I'm pretty sure it wasn't mating season either.....thank god.

:jaw::facepalm::rofl:

Edited by Lone_RT_rider
Lone_RT_rider
LOL😂

It's not helpful to be a visual person when reading your posts😳

Well, if it might help settle your stomach a bit I have lost 30 lbs recently. They might think I'm just a seal now.... :)

Lone_RT_rider
Nice...if you keep that up and we get Bernie to gain some weight you guys could switch aerostich suitsðŸ˜

His is brand new whereas mine has 13 years on it now. I'm pretty sure he might resist that trade. :)

It might be time to take a ride to Duluth though..... Maybe not high viz yellow this time. :) The nic name Big bird is getting old. lol

OK, be sure and wear a name tag next time so I know who you are. :clap: Manatees are in our rivers/springs up here, awesome experience.

Lone_RT_rider
OK, be sure and wear a name tag next time so I know who you are. :clap: Manatees are in our rivers/springs up here, awesome experience.

That's where we snorkeled with them Tim, in the Crystal river area. :)

Nice...if you keep that up and we get Bernie to gain some weight you guys could switch aerostich suitsðŸ˜

His is brand new whereas mine has 13 years on it now. I'm pretty sure he might resist that trade. :)

It might be time to take a ride to Duluth though..... Maybe not high viz yellow this time. :) The nic name Big bird is getting old. lol

My Stitch is not that new any more. All the Velcro is gone.

I think your next Stitch should be orange with black ballistic. I think that would work better with the Buell.

Lone_RT_rider
My Stitch is not that new any more. All the Velcro is gone.

I think your next Stitch should be orange with black ballistic. I think that would work better with the Buell.

You have a good idea, but in reverse. All black suit with orange ballistic. :)

Ok, this end this hijack and let people enjoy their planning to go to Cedar Key. I wish I could make it, but this one is not going to happen for me for a very long time. We miss all y'all and look foward to seeing you at least in the spring. :)

/hijack

Lone_RT_rider
Got Alan to come off the mountain for the weekend. We will be there in time for dinner tomorrow evening.

Chris, buy him and yourself a beer for me. I'll catch up with you at START. If Joel is coming with you..... don't buy him a beer. :D