IGNORED

December SECFF Lunch Ride

Please join Ken (Kinsley), (terryofperry) and me (Bernie) on the 16th of December at 11:30am for the South East Comfort Food Finder's lunch:

At:

Deano's Italian Grille

112 W Jackson St,

Dublin, GA 31021

Deano's Italian Grille

GPS: 32.539429, -82.904931

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, should have gotten the pizza! Great to see everyone, much better ride home about 30 degrees difference.

Changed the battery in my heat controller as well!

That pizza does look a mite tempting. Is there a shot of the attendees? Did Capt. Ron scare everyone off . . . ? Kinda quiet . . .

Great day in the saddle. Lots of fun visiting with everyone. So, Terry took a picture of the pizza but not the waitress or the collection of bikes?

So I heard one of the group 'complain' about the 42 degree temp when he left the house. Well forgive me for not feeling your pain, Ken and I saw 29 when we left and after 2 hours it warmed up to 33 a virtual heat wave. BTW Ken's heat controller crapped out so he rode the entire day without! Ken's not only good looking he's tough too!

You know, my tush is not so tender that I would need a heated seat :stir:....not that there's anything wrong with someone on a bike with great wind protection and living in Florida having that option if the temps get below 60.

Hmmm.

As one who grew up and spent 42 years in South Florida I can see where a heated seat may come in handy as anything below 70°F was considered a severe cold front. However, posting that said seat was not properly working would be akin to posting my Lear Jet pilot had a cold today which prevented him from flying me to see the Northern Lights tonight, in either case one should refrain from posting such tragedy as the masses just cannot relate to the inconvenience.

At my age I can also relate to the "today's 29° is a lot colder than yesteryear's 29°" comment as well as the "I forgot & left the controller on the bike knowing the cold would kill the battery" comment. It would seem the age old definition of "insanity" applies here, "doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result" as the present cold battery test result seemed to mimic the previous one.

As much as one should be commended for trying to cover his riding partner's unheated butt, it should be pointed out that in order for the controller to "crap out" during the ride it had to have actually worked at the beginning of the ride, just saying.

It was a lot of fun discussing these issues over pizza and the next SECCF will be interesting as well.

Terry. .

Edited by terryofperry
Hmmm.

As one who grew up and spent 42 years in South Florida I can see where a heated seat may come in handy as anything below 70°F was considered a severe cold front. However, posting that said seat was not properly working would be akin to posting my Lear Jet pilot had a cold today which prevented him from flying me to see the Northern Lights tonight, in either case one should refrain from posting such tragedy as the masses just cannot relate to the inconvenience. ......,.

Terry. .

Your are right Terry! Hard to feel sorry for you Florida riders!

We had snow in DC this past week and last week my furnace heat exchanger went out with a carbon monoxide scare at our home. I borrowed a few space heaters and had multiple overloads and circuit breaks during the very cold night before the next day when I could get help with the furnace. :(

Edited by Endobobdds
Hmmm.

As one who grew up and spent 42 years in South Florida I can see where a heated seat may come in handy as anything below 70°F was considered a severe cold front. However, posting that said seat was not properly working would be akin to posting my Lear Jet pilot had a cold today which prevented him from flying me to see the Northern Lights tonight, in either case one should refrain from posting such tragedy as the masses just cannot relate to the inconvenience. ......,.

Terry. .

Your are right Terry! Hard to feel sorry for you Florida riders!

We had snow in DC this past week and last week my furnace heat exchanger went out with a carbon monoxide scare at our home. I borrowed a few space heaters and had multiple overloads and circuit breaks during the very cold night before the next day when I could get help with the furnace. :(

I am sorry to hear about your problems with your furnace and I am glad your carbon monoxide detector warned you of the very dangerous and possible deadly situation.

Unfortunately this can be a common problem on older furnaces and/or gas or fuel oil heated appliances.

Of course this doesn't really have anything to do with my problem with my brand new motorcycle. If you sell me a heated seat and do not give me the option to opt out of this option, than I will fully expect it do operate as advertised, regardless of who the manufacturer is or regardless of how warm it is where I live.

I believe if you would buy a car or truck in DC or Colorado or Alaska and it is equipped with a heater, I am sure you would fully expect it to keep you warm, even if it is only 50 F degrees outdoors.

I hope you all have a safe and happy Holiday season.