IGNORED

who's tenting

SANTA

looks like we can have up to 8 people per tent site,

so no point in booking for just one person if we can get 8 small tents clustered and share the site cost.

any one interested?

I thought about it, but I am getting to old to sleep in a tent. A simple RV, yes, but I am done with tents, sorry. I would really like to bring my RV out, but the fuel costs would be more than a motel room, so motel it is.

• 2 weeks later...

My GF and I were thinking about it. We moto-camp often. We heard there is a "cattle-drive" every morning along with crowing roosters... So, I am not so into camping this time. She still wants to though...So we're a slight, maybe. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will be traveling with tent. it is my backup plan. i may have offers to bunk on a floor. currently i have not registered at the koa since i'm not sure how it will work out, but i expect that a tent can always be fit in somewhere...

• 2 months later...

I have a tent site reserved Mon-Fri and asked for a more remote/quiet site with trees (to suspend a hammock). They say sites will accommodate up to 8 so if anyone needs space, let me know!

szurszewski

Not sure what our travel plans are, but we will likely be renting. Haven't reseved a site but would be happy to join you in a quiet site with trees. If we ride it will be two or three (some possible combination of two forty year olds and one nine year old) of us with a small tent and hammock. If we drive and trailer we will have a roof tent and maybe a hammock as well.

josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
sANTA :

I might be tenting...stay tuned.

with that cpap machine we won't even know if you are alive... at least before you brung that your snoring was reassuring... looking forward to saying HI! its been a time or two

sANTA.!!

it has been a very long time -- John Day I believe.

I have the battery option on the CPAP - which is a good one to have.

I may be in a room rather than tenting, stay tuned.

If nothing else - I'll be able to share a beer with you.

Who has a tent site reserved? Santa? ID's_OK?

As I was looking on their website last night, the last of the tent sites with electric disappeared. Do either of you have electric? I am in the CPAP crowd and it would be best if I could plug in at night.

I think I have the wife on board, so it would be two people, two bikes, one tent. I can probably commit in the next few days, but we're still talking.

ID_ok has reserved a site , best PM him as to what he has selected.

as of right now i will be rolling in on the 24th with Lester V. he has a cabin booked for the 24/25th which allows me a spot on the floor but i may still show up at the tent site on the 26th

Edited by SANTA

I'm baaack. Been on the road for a few days. Replied to the PM(s).

I'll have to call the good folks at KOA cause I didn't even think about electricity when I booked. I requested quiet and (must have) trees to suspend a hammock. I'll see what I can do about power. Stay tuned.

szurszewski

After much family deliberation and mind changing, it looks like Jeremiah and I will be arriving .... sometime. We don't have anything reserved and would be very grateful to share a tent site. We'll just have a small back packing tent, so I'm thinking we can just squeeze in about anywhere.

Sharon (Bullett) and I are now for sure, or at least as for sure such things get) and planning on the shared site. Arriving on the Monday and leaving on the Friday. This is gonna be great! Thanks Christopher!

Sharon (Bullett) and I are now for sure, or at least as for sure such things get) and planning on the shared site. Arriving on the Monday and leaving on the Friday. This is gonna be great! Thanks Christopher!

Fantastic!!!!

Hi Christopher,

Do you mind to post or PM the tent site number, or your last name, or something... Starting to wonder how we'll find you at the venue.

Thanks,

Jan

szurszewski

I'm planning to arrive Monday and probably leave Friday or Saturday. Jeremiah has bailed on me (best friend's birthday party is that Monday), so I'll be solo.

If you, Chris, or someone else have room for me on a tent site that'd be great. If not it looks like there are still some sites available, so I can reserve one if needed.

I know it's a no sign-up just show-up theme this year, so I certainly don't want to get too formal, but maybe we can keep sort of track of who's going where, as Jan suggested above?

In any case looking forward to seeing everyone :)

It's Patterson, and I'll PM my cell number to you guys. I'll see if I can get a site number but when I last spoke with them they hadn't assigned it yet. I'll be there Monday, hopefully mid-afternoon.