IGNORED

Freestyle Extreme

Rougarou

Never heard of them? Are they in the US?

Nope, U. K.

I tried to buy a pair of Held gloves from a vendor in Spain and while they were about 30% less than the US price they never showed up. I did get a credit back finally through my credit card. But I would be a bit cautious with non-US vendors. But that is just my experience with one vendor.

I am sure you did some Google searches to check what other have said so that would help too.

Purchased a Shoei Neotec from a reputable company in Italy a couple of years ago for about 200 less. Painless transaction and fast n free shipping. No complaints.

However, a helmet purchased in Euro land won't be a DOT certified helmet; and will more than likely have the ratchet type of chin strap, not the traditional 'D' rings. Shoei told me the Euro helmets come with the ratchet chin strap. I didn't care about the DOT certification because it has the Euro equivalent and Sue prefers the ratchet chin strap.

I did call Shoei North America located local to me thinking if Sue didn't like the chin strap it could be switched to the 'D' ring. They told me because it was from Europe they couldn't touch the helmet, even it was a legitimate manufacturing warranty problem. Evidently there is Shoei Euro and Shoei North America and both follow guidelines for each area. :S

Great helmet. Good luck with your purchase.