IGNORED

03 k1200rs side case with hole on inside

Scott L

I purchased this bike and discovered that the RH side case had a hole through the case that looks like it had been scraped by a belt sander. Not sure what happened, and there are no rub marks on wheel etc.

At any rate, I have seen pics of other BMW's with this, but never heard what or how it happened. Wondering what kind of fix was done to salvage the side case. It's otherwise in pretty good shape.

Thanks in advance

!!!!!

That's impressive.

I can't imagine what's happened there and have never seen that in messing with BMW's at a dealership for 13 yr or since, beginning in 1999.

Well, since no one else has any great ideas, here's a DIY for repairing scratches - not really what you need, but the bumper repair epoxy might work for you to "glue" in whatever repair material you like.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=909275&nt=3&page=1

If it were me, I'd probably run a larger piece of material over the inside, then cut a smaller piece to fit "inside" the hole from the outside, and then fill around that with the epoxy noted in the thread above, and then sand until smooth - covering with paint if necessary.