IGNORED

Grip Puppies vs Beemer Boneyard grips

r77toy

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Finding the camhead grips a bit too small, I tried puppies. Too big. Finally went down to the sporting goods store and got baseball bat grip tape. Still on four plus years later.

I had the Original Grip Buddies on my airhead (R100RS). They were OK but I think they were meant for a skinnier grip than the airhead had, I had to stretch them quite a bit to get them to fit. When I bought my R1150RT I thought the grips were too skinny so I went with the foam grip covers from BBY. They work much better (for me anyway) and less than half the price. They make the grip a bit fatter so it's easier on my arthritic hands.

I have tried the foam grip puppies on several bikes over the years. They do reduce vibration. They also give a numb feeling to the bars. They also get wet and take a while to dry ( both in rain and after washing). I do like the larger diameter and they do offer a secure grip.

I have been running these ( or the 0-rings that are the same I bought from the company I buy them from for another product...) O-ring grip covers. These are a larger diameter, actually feel a bit like the old tapered Oilhead grips ( best ever!). They don't soak up water. Heated grip function works about the same. Best of all, they don't have that numb feeling the foam grip covers give!

I have tried the foam grip puppies on several bikes over the years. They do reduce vibration. They also give a numb feeling to the bars. They also get wet and take a while to dry ( both in rain and after washing). I do like the larger diameter and they do offer a secure grip.

I have been running these ( or the 0-rings that are the same I bought from the company I buy them from for another product...) O-ring grip covers. These are a larger diameter, actually feel a bit like the old tapered Oilhead grips ( best ever!). They don't soak up water. Heated grip function works about the same. Best of all, they don't have that numb feeling the foam grip covers give!

Excel makes some great products! And nice to give business to a small operator. :-)

Finding the camhead grips a bit too small, I tried puppies. Too big. Finally went down to the sporting goods store and got baseball bat grip tape. Still on four plus years later.

Tennis racquet over grip tape. May be same as baseball bat grip tape , works for me.

I tried Grip Puppies and damaged them trying to get them on the grips! Bought Grip Buddies and couldn't be happier. They are wonderful! Maybe the most valuable accessory added to my bike to date.

I've been using grip puppies for about five years now and have never had them absorb water. I tend to ride in some very inclement weather and have never experienced an issue. They are extremely easy to install I spray them with WD-40 and slip them right over the existing grip. GT

Do the O rings help reduce vibration?

Do the O rings help reduce vibration?

I would say they reduce vibration a smaller amount than the foam grip puppies/buddies do. They are a soft rubber, softer than the grips on the bike. One more advantage to the o-ring setup is wear. They don't seem to show any wear at all! One season on the foam type and they were showing some age. Depends on how many miles you ride too.