IGNORED

Sargent Cycle Products

TEWKS

Is having their Daytona Bike Sale this week. It's 13% off plus free shipping which, would save me a little more than a hundred bucks. :whistle:

Pat

Definitely better than the stock seat and $100 is a nice discount. While not quite the barcalounger my Russel Day Long was, I can go up to 5 hours on my Sargent. The OEM saddle at 1 hour I needed a break. The Sargent does a nice job of retaining the aesthetic of the OEM saddle while retaining the OEM seat latch and integrating their heated seat tothe bike connections and controls.

I'm going to order the World Sport Performance Plus this week. Going with top stich without a welt so it looks like the stock seat. I've seen a few used world performance and they always have a crease in them. The new performance plus is supposed to remedy this according to Sargent and I like the look of the seating material better.

Truly amazing. I've never seen a crease on any of my Sargent seats. Several have had over 40K miles on them. The last one came off my 6th 1200GS with over 200K on the seat which was on all 6 of them.

I went with the original cover and when below at or below 50 F I could see a crease on the side after riding for a while. By the time the summer heat was on it seemed to relax the vinyl and it went away.

I went with the original cover and when below at or below 50 F I could see a crease on the side after riding for a while. By the time the summer heat was on it seemed to relax the vinyl and it went away.

But...but...but...How could that possibly be??? Marty never had a crease! Either you are a bold face liar, or you have a defective butt. :lurk::wave:

But...but...but...How could that possibly be??? Marty never had a crease! Either you are a bold face liar, or you have a defective butt. :lurk::wave:

Are you stirring up trouble with partial facts for intertainment? Naughty boy, no soup for you! I recommend that your SO puts the parental lock on the cable news channels until this troubling behavior subsides:grin:

I stated it was temperature dependent and given that Marty is GA and I am in WI, I can reasonably take both statements can be very much true and not in conflict.

Good product.

Excellent customer service.

Never saw a crease in the dozens and dozens we saw/

Butt, like RDL, somehow didn't work for me.

YMMV

I am looking to order mine today. Going with the bee world performance plus, both heated. I notice they have a choice of well or top stitch without a well. The stock seat is top stick, no well. I'm not looking for any accent color. Is there any reason or advantage if going with the welt? Does it look better even if it will be black? Would it show wear over time?

The welt or piping is just for style and in my experience has held up well. If not getting a color accent then I'd probably go without. If I order I'm going with the blue piping that matches the blue in the BMW roundel. :read:

Pat

Big fan of their seats - they've served me well over the miles. I bought two of them used, and they've been nothing less than outstanding!

Aaaaaagh! Missed it!!! Was thinking pretty seriously about getting one and was off the board just long enough to have missed knowing about the sale. I know I'd never regret getting one, but $500 for a driver-only heated seat is still a good chunk of coin no matter how you slice it. :P

Ah, too bad! I thought and thought on it and last Friday pulled the trigger. Usually not this hesitant about farkels but, reviews are good, just not "R daylong" great. Also, the adventure side of me was saying holdout for the new redesigned 2019 GSA. Hey, someone has to start the rumor mill chugging! :grin:

Pat

Pay for a good saddle now or maybe make a bunch of payments to fix your butt...and still need to buy that expensive saddle.

$500 might be cheap money. When I first bought my R1100RT I road it with the stock saddle that first year. There were a number of tender butt next day's after long rides and by the end of the riding season my butt would hurt a lot before one hour in the saddle and was the start of my on and off sciattic never issues. That next spring my butt let me know the OEM saddle had to go. I went with the Russell and all was well except for the $1000+ in co pays for the doc to get my sciatic never right since then. When I bought my waterhead RT I found the OEM to be just as bad as it was on my oilhead. The Sargent saddle went on by the time I had 1000 miles on the new bike.

Called them today and asked if there was any way I could get in on the sale, even though it was officially over (you'll often be surprised what you can get if you just ask). Rep was great and told me they were pretty locked in on when they can do their promotions but offered me a break on shipping. Pulled the proverbial trigger and now I can't wait for the seat to arrive and to take my first ride. Woooooot!!!

Good for you! :thumbsup: If bmwdavid bought one, that's three from this site alone. They probably did pretty well, it seems. :clap:

Pat

Yeah, I had one before on my '02 RT and know they are night-and-day difference from stock. They may not be Russell-night-and-day difference, but for the money, plus not having to give up a donor pan and ride hundreds of miles for a custom fitting* I think they're really a great option. Plus, IMHO, Russell seats are (pardon the pun), just plain ol' butt ugly. No offense to those who love 'em, so please don't flame me! Ahhhhh!!

*OK, I just realized how ridiculous that sounds: Anyone complaining about having to ride their BMW doesn't deserve to be on this forum! Sorry about that.... :ohboy:

*OK, I just realized how ridiculous that sounds: Anyone complaining about having to ride their BMW doesn't deserve to be on this forum! Sorry about that.... :ohboy:

Haha This was back in the day when most bikes had mechanical odometers and I took a good friend who is all about HDs to a BMW dealer open house with a warning about how it will be different than what he was used to at a HD dealer open house. I said a lot of the bikes won't be all polished up and in fact will likely have a bunch of bug spatter on them. I told him that the first thing the riders will check out on another bike was the odometer, then the electronics and other comfort accessories, none of which will be chrome. Afterwards he said he thought I was kidding when I told him that. But I digress.

Before I bought my Russell, I thought they were not a good looking seat, but a fan said that it only matters if your butt has eyes! Even so I couldn't bring myself to go with the waffle stitch pattern and went with the single half moon seam which was a new cover design at that time that I deemed to be the least ugly. I will say part of the reason I tried the Sargent this time around was that is retains the overall appearance of the OEM saddle and the other part is that I didn't want to give up my OEM seat pans.

• 2 weeks later...

My seat showed up this morning, looks great and installed easily. I should get to test it out next week. :thumbsup:

Pat

Like that Italian Chrome on the cylinder heads; offset with the Black powder coated wheels.... looks good taste good... Pat! :thumbsup:

Nice matching the piping to the rondel blue. Black valve cover guards look great too. That looks like one of the fastest colors.

image_zps8ggwab2v.jpg

Pat

That looks beautiful with the blue accent! Looks custom. I just picked up a gently used Sargent seat (front only) for my RT. I've only had a few quick rides on it, but it seems good. Will need to give it a real test before an upcoming trip. I'm looking forward to hear what your impression is.

Could that amount of bluing on the header pipes suggest a lot of WFO on the throttle? Maybe exceeding speed limits?

Regards,

Inspector Clouseau

Thanks guys. Hey, good opportunity next weekend to test out that new seat. Ride Planning...BBQ ride. :thumbsup:

Pat

Could that amount of bluing on the header pipes suggest a lot of WFO on the throttle? Maybe exceeding speed limits?

Regards,

Inspector Clouseau

Once or twice. :grin:

Pat

Just for testing purposes right?? :wave:

Officer...Reasonable and prudent?? :dontknow: Nope, neither of those two. Try again. :ohboy::grin:

Pat

Pat.

Thanks so much for the heads-up on this sale. This will be my third try at something more comfortable. I'd been mulling it over for some time, and this was nudge that I needed.

My seat showed up Thursday as well...at work. I was all hot to try it out on the ride home, but a couple of urgent matters got in the way. Snow today, so maybe sometime this weekend.

Not as sexy as your blue highlights, but I'll just be happy if I'm not squirming after an hour in the saddle. And, the free hat was a nice bonus. Thanks again!

Very glad you got in on the deal, Wayne! :thumbsup: You may already know how important good undergarments are. Chris K recommended to me L/DComfort Shorts years ago and I'll tell ya, makes all the difference in the world! :clap:

Pat

Thanks for the suggestion, Pat. I'm a huge fan of wicking layers for other activities. I have ridden with basic synthetic layers and have certainly gotten some benefit, though the dual layer fabric of the L/D shorts makes especially good sense for extended time in the saddle. I have certainly read the glowing reviews about them. On the list.

Just now thinking about all the time I spend at work in front of a screen - I wonder if they could tap into a whole new demographic..."desk jockey" comfort shorts ;)

Mine comes Thursday - wooooot! Performance Plus, front only standard height with heat. I only have a 30" inseam so I can't exactly flat- foot, but I didn't want the low seat because I didn't want to shorten my riding position and the distance to the pegs.

I liked one poster's "squirming on the stock seat comment." Made me laugh because it's so true!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll chime in here again. I'm on my third Sargent, so obviously I'm a fan. My first two were used seats that were perfect when I got them. The only reason I got rid of the first one was a complete set (front and rear) became available - and I only had the riders seat originally. I'd gotten married, so now had another fanny to be concerned about. I recently gave in to a couple-year internal debate and sent my seat to Sargent to have heat added. Between the two of us we had a few miscommunications and they were on top of everything and in touch and made sure I got the seat when needed.

And little did I know what I'd been missing! SHAZAM! The seat made the last 90 minutes of my ride home possible without stopping put on heated gear. And why YES, that seat gets HOT! But the nifty controller makes adjustments simple and easy. The controller integrates well with the factory switch-gear.

heat%20controller.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got to test out my Sargent seat a couple of weeks back.I had picked it up for $200 on Craigslist. I did a 4k, 8 day ride(one 700 mi. day) and the seat fared very well. I brought an Alaskan Sheep pad with me and it never left my side case. A RDL seat was probably in my future, but not right now. I'm happy!

• 1 year later...

It is time to ditch the stock seat on my 2016 1200RT.  I had reasonable luck with Corbin for many years on my 2002 1150RT, but I am thinking Sargent may be the better way to go this time.  The one question I have is regarding the height of the passenger seat.  The stock seat is so low my passenger's legs are sitting on the rack/bars that run along the seat without some type of added pad.  On the Corbin site, it is clear their passenger seat sits quite a bit higher.  On the Sargent site is hard to tell if the seat comes up above the rails.  Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?  It would be much appreciated!

image.png.126696d7eed4baae9534cd1689abb30a.png

image.thumb.png.84cdcb2abc84de027948ab397c3d680e.png

No passenger commentary on the rear seat but just moving the bike around and grabbing the rails, the seat is higher (or maybe just wider). Best BMW Sargent seat to date and I've bought a few of them.

9 hours ago, silversmyth said:

It is time to ditch the stock seat on my 2016 1200RT.  I had reasonable luck with Corbin for many years on my 2002 1150RT, but I am thinking Sargent may be the better way to go this time.  The one question I have is regarding the height of the passenger seat.  The stock seat is so low my passenger's legs are sitting on the rack/bars that run along the seat without some type of added pad.  On the Corbin site, it is clear their passenger seat sits quite a bit higher.  On the Sargent site is hard to tell if the seat comes up above the rails.  Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?  It would be much appreciated!

Just took these pics, these Sargent seats have been on 2 Wetheads. '14 for 2 years &  this bike , '17 MY from new. Not had any comments from SHMBO in all that time other than they are much comfier than the stock seats.

9 hours ago, silversmyth said:

image.png.126696d7eed4baae9534cd1689abb30a.png

image.thumb.png.84cdcb2abc84de027948ab397c3d680e.png

20190920_150932.jpg

20190920_150922.jpg

20190920_150919.jpg

20190920_150915.jpg