IGNORED

April 27-29 2018 North Meets South in the Middle

CoarsegoldKid

Todd and Dave in for Yosemite for sure. Holding court at dirty donkey as per usual. Mention my name for a good seat. EDDDDD can bring his booster chair to sit with the big boys.

Bye the way BrianT if you can make the Friday ride up with the riders staging in Tehachapi it's highly recommended. Otherwise you'll keep hearing how much enjoyment they had, and kick yourself in the behind.

Thats the plan. :thumbsup:

Friday's So Cal ride is still on!

Lancaster Starbux -Ave I- 8-8:30 then Tehachapi - Mill St exit Hwy 58 gas station, leave there 10- 10:30.........

Porterville for lunch and more back roads to Oakhurst. The usual suspects will be there, come on out!

Don J :wave:

Hi Joe, Please put me down for Friday dinner.

I will be IN for Saturday dinner if the local road conditions are good for a brisk Saturday ride otherwise heading home through Yosemite.

Lancaster Starbux -Ave I- 8-8:30 then Tehachapi - Mill St exit Hwy 58 gas station, leave there 10- 10:30.........

Porterville for lunch and more back roads to Oakhurst. The usual suspects will be there, come on out!

IN I'll cya in Tehachapi.

Edited by BrianT

Excellent choice Brian. The Usual Suspects have that ride route up to NmS dialed in. Just don't get sucked into a Cornelius “track day”...😂

Trying to find time for a driveby afternoon Saturday.

MB>

'll meet you guys in Porterville again about 12:30 at Jenny Lynn's(?)

'll meet you guys in Porterville again about 12:30 at Jenny Lynn's(?)

Yep see ya there!

Don J

CoarsegoldKid

Looks like we got 30 riders for dinner. I'll fudge that number a few just in case. Now to go talk to the places. Juanita said she would be happy to shuttle folks if necessary. That opens up the radius a bit. There's a good Mexican restaurant called El Cid's at the north end of Oakhurst. Too far for some to want to walk. Me. There's a biker bar along the way though so Todd and Dave should be well hydrated.

CoarsegoldKid

I got us in at the restaurant across the street. They'll seat us in the banquet room Saturday night. The BBQ is a bust. The large room is being remodeled. We might just have to be on our own for Friday. I'll check out some more. El Cids Mexican comes to mind.

CoarsegoldKid

Last month this area got a heavy dose of rain. Enough that several roads are closed. But if you are riding down from the north on Hwy 49 you can still get in a great ride. Follow the detour signs. Basically it goes like this. Hwy 49 to east bound 120 through Groveland to Smith Station Road / J20 turn right to Greeley Hill and on to Coulterville. Continue on 132 follow the detour signs onto Granite Springs Rd back to 132. There is fuel in Don Pedro if needed. Turn left into the foothills to meet with Merced Falls Road. Almost near the end of Merced Falls Road is a left turn onto Hornitos Road go over the bridge. Follow it to downtown Hornitos and turn left onto Bear Valley Road back to Hwy 49 and turn right to Mariposa. Stay on 49 to Oakhurst. It's all green right now.

CoarsegoldKid

Dinner for Friday evening will be at the Sweetwater Steak House. 6:30pmish. The Sweetwater is located on Hwy 49 0.8 miles north of the Comfort Inn. My understanding is that there will be great motorcycle riding weather for our weekend.

Dinner for Friday evening will be at the Sweetwater Steak House. 6:30pmish. The Sweetwater is located on Hwy 49 0.8 miles north of the Comfort Inn. My understanding is that there will be great motorcycle riding weather for our weekend.

EXCELLENT WORK there JOE! The dinner and the weather. Can't wait.

Last month this area got a heavy dose of rain. Enough that several roads are closed. But if you are riding down from the north on Hwy 49 you can still get in a great ride. Follow the detour signs. Basically it goes like this. Hwy 49 to east bound 120 through Groveland to Smith Station Road / J20 turn right to Greeley Hill and on to Coulterville. Continue on 132 follow the detour signs onto Granite Springs Rd back to 132. There is fuel in Don Pedro if needed. Turn left into the foothills to meet with Merced Falls Road. Almost near the end of Merced Falls Road is a left turn onto Hornitos Road go over the bridge. Follow it to downtown Hornitos and turn left onto Bear Valley Road back to Hwy 49 and turn right to Mariposa. Stay on 49 to Oakhurst. It's all green right now.

Great route. Image of it below. I think last year I ended up on Hornitos Road to Old Toll Road instead, and it was fun. But Old Toll Rd is a bit rough if I recall. I've been enjoying 4 as my transit from the bay area to the foothills on recent trips. Might do 12 next week though and catch more foothill backroads on the way down (love mountain ranch and sheep ranch rd).

i-kfrChgv-XL.png

Yeah, Sheep Ranch is a good one. Love Mountain doesn't ring a bell. But I've probably been there.

I meant "I love 'Mountain Ranch Rd'" :)

It is to bad about 49 though.

CoarsegoldKid

IF anyone would like to have a gpx file of Cornelis' Saturday route to import into Basecamp and then to your device then PM me your email address. If I knew another method to getting it to you I would do so.

Edited by CoarsegoldKid

Dennis and Carla staged in Tehachapi. Gas station across the street (meeting spot tomorrow) is now a Shell Station. Used to be a Texaco Station.

IF anyone would like to have a gpx file of Cornelis' Saturday route to import into Basecamp and then to your device then PM me your email address. If I knew another method to getting it to you I would do so.

Wait. What?

No paper map??? :stir:

CoarsegoldKid

Wait. What?

No paper map??? :stir:

You will get one from Cornelis.