IGNORED

Keyless ignition system BMW 1150RT

dughawk

So I am toying with the idea of trying to install or have installed a keyless ignition system on my BMW 1150 RT-P... as some other RT-p owners can attest, for some silly reason the "mechanic" decided to cut the keyed ignition switch and install a dongle switch on the left dash. Well, To have that replaced and working will cost more than we care to pay... So I thought....Why not?

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Guard-Dawg-DGD-KIM-U-Universal/dp/B00Q7GWVBM/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526504258&sr=8-2-fkmr3&keywords=motorcycle+keyless+ignition+bmw+motorcycle

I am totally clueless on the electronics of the bike but it cannot be terribly hard... Any suggestions?

So I am toying with the idea of trying to install or have installed a keyless ignition system on my BMW 1150 RT-P... as some other RT-p owners can attest, for some silly reason the "mechanic" decided to cut the keyed ignition switch and install a dongle switch on the left dash. Well, To have that replaced and working will cost more than we care to pay... So I thought....Why not?

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Guard-Dawg-DGD-KIM-U-Universal/dp/B00Q7GWVBM/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526504258&sr=8-2-fkmr3&keywords=motorcycle+keyless+ignition+bmw+motorcycle

I am totally clueless on the electronics of the bike but it cannot be terribly hard... Any suggestions?

Evening dughawk

It seems like it would be a LOT cheaper & easier to install a new (used) ignition switch. The BMW 1150RT doesn't use a simple 12v in with ign out, it has other accessory circuits.

I'm not sure what it would take to install that keyless set you linked to but if you can't install a new ignition switch yourself then that keyless will be a chore.

I see 1150 ign switches on E-Bay for $50.00 to 60.00.

Thanks DirtRider, Ride safe up there in Ohio, They used to use a lot of Cinder on the roads when I lived up there. Cheers! :)