IGNORED

Anti Fog Coating that works

realshelby

I have tried many things over the years that were supposed to help with fogging of visors and glasses. From rubbing a fresh cut potato on them to dishwashing liquid. Even some store bought "solutions". Then there was the pinlock experiments on a couple different helmets. I hate pinlocks.

After using Clarity DEFOG it for over a year I am ready to say I have found a solution that works. You place a very small amount of this on both sides of the visor or glasses. Then polish it off. Cannot tell it is on there. I have had pretty good luck with Scorpion and Arai visors being ok for not fogging. But even those can fog under the right conditions. This stuff helps even those to keep visibility. There are conditions where a bit of moisture does collect, more of an accumulation of mini water drops than fogging and it is easier to see through. It will really make a believer out of you on eyeglasses. I have some favorite riding glasses ( I always ride with safety glasses ) that I can now use in the rain and cold with no worries about fogging. Is this stuff perfect? Not 100%, but NOTHIING else I have tried comes close! I bought the 5ml size, which seems like it is going to last for a very long time as you use very little each application. I put it on before each trip, and would probably reapply it if I knew I was heading into rain that day. Seems to last for a few weeks, but I can tell its performance is best when fresher. AMAZON has it for $13 for the larger size. There are wipes available and there used to be a smaller size bottle of it.

If you have a visor or glasses that fog, and not just for motorcycle use, then try this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a call for recommendations on anti fog about a year ago. I got several good reviews on a product called Cat Crap. Have you tired that product? If so, how did it compare to the Clarity product?

Never tried Cat Crap. May work well. But I won't try it as the Clarity is about as perfect as anything I can imagine. If it works, stay with it!

I have tried enough stuff over the years to be wary of products like this. When I saw the military uses it for scopes and eye protection I figured it worked. And it does.......

That cat crap has been around for ages. I remember doing my ski goggles with it in the 1980s. It probably worked okay, but I don't recall being overly impressed, or buying it again.

After commuting in seattle, year round for over a decade (3 hrs round trip), the Pinlock is the way to go. But it doesn't do anything for your glasses.

Bill_Walker

It appears that Amazon currently only sells the Clarity wipes, not the liquid, and the reviews of the wipes are quite mixed.

The wipes would be a waste of money. I am sure someone has this if Amazon does not. Pay the price if interested, it IS worth it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
realshelby

Just want to add a follow up. Went into North Carolina for a V STrom rally last week. I was in rain every day. From cool temps on the BRP, to 90 degree stuff. Conditions where my "non fogging" visors on other helmets would have failed.

I purposely cleaned my visor every day, and did not apply Clarity except before the start of the trip. On the last day I could see a bit of fog developing. So, while it does appear to wear off, I would have no problem applying a fresh coat every couple days when on the road.

While the visor not fogging up is very important, I am thinking how this works on glasses may be more important. I run a few different types of glasses, none of them showed any fogging at any time. Even with visor down and locked.

This stuff works.