IGNORED

Got a bent rim?

Groanup

Not really sure where to put this, ("where to"?) so I'll try it here. (Mods, please move it to the appropriate spot if this is not it)

Last week, while riding Angeles Crest, I came around a curve and found a pile of rocks in my path. I failed to miss them all...

Bent my front rim in two places, one on each side. :ohboy:

So I looked for someplace to get them repaired, and found Dr. Johns Motorcycle Frame Straightening, located in Anaheim California.

I was able to drop the rim off in the morning and pick it up that afternoon. Not only did they fix the wheel without scratching the paint, but they trued the brake rotors as well.

I'm happy with the result. If you are in the SoCal area, and need their services, here is the link:

Dr. John's

Yep... they're a good small independent shop that many dealers use. :thumbsup:

Though I didn't straighten my ST3s front rim from the Weaverville hit the rock ride in May; Dr. John's did check the rotors.

I was fortunate to find a like new used wheel from a local Ducati rider.

Sorry to read ya bent the new rim Don... heck you must have been hauling ass up there. :wave:

Edited by LBump

I was able to ride it home. The tire held air perfectly, in fact, I didn't even know it was bent until I got home and took a close look.

20181008_082656.jpg[/img]

20181008_082727.jpg

Looks a lot better now. They didn't even mess up the rim tape! :Yes: