IGNORED

Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet

A small group of us have decided the metro area needs a monthly food event where we can all sit around, get to know each other, eat some great food, toss back a few drinks of your choice and talk bikes or rides or what ever suits us. The first Meet and Greet was a success I think and the group that showed up decided to make it a regular event.

So here it is

What: Portland Meet & Greet

When: Third Wednesday of each month

Time: For now let's set the time at around 6:30pm

Where: Pyramind Breweries McTarnahan Taproom

2730 NW 31st Portland Oregon, 97210

http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/portland

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW.

That makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, Feb 18!!

Brian

Wish this was posted sooner. Had dinner with 12 guys from advrider 2 weeks ago at the 5th qtr. Enjoyed Salty's the next night. Be back in late may, will try to make it to the party then.

Hope to make it.....Hmmmm, What Would Marty Drink

Hi Mark, long time no hear or see. Hope to see you in late may.

Been trying to get "sugar free", and my brother tried to make me "money free" :P . Energy is returning, along with some riding. Am focusing on finishing buildings at Vader this year, I hope to maybe have a gathering in May (Mt. St. Helens Big Johnson Run, maybe May 23). The wife just bought me a sausage maker attachment, I'm researching hog casings as I type. Perhaps the spiciest one we'll call Marty's Hellwurst???? ;)

And we finally got rid of the ASSociation at Vader, so maybe I'll also ressurrect the fall Bigfoot Blast.

Went by you last may after torrey. Tried to call both you and old rider...no luck. Hope he is ok. PM me a phone # so I can give a call as I get close.

Been too long!

Went by you last may after torrey. Tried to call both you and old rider...no luck. Hope he is ok. PM me a phone # so I can give a call as I get close.

Been too long!

My 800.714.7204 now rings through Vader. If I'm not there to pick up, it finds my cellphone that's usually in my pocket. Let it ring. If I can manage things right, I wouldn't mind springtime in the east on the bike, so beware.

My number for Oldrider stored on my cell says it is no longer in service. I pondered throwing some dirt on the forum to see if we could get a rise out of him, maybe the Kennewick vice squad could help us out.

(PS; I still have your oatmeal WMD culture)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next meet & greet is April 15, maybe that will inspire some more to come have a drink. If your tax bill is anything like mine, you will have 4 wheels under you and someone else driving!!

So next time is still the same location, the Taproom, but I have been kind of looking for another location. Nothing against the Taproom, but would be nice to find a place that maybe has a wider selection of food in a wider price range so those that want a light snack dont end up paying more of a dinner price.

So if anyone has an idea,please share it, I will check it out and see what it has to offer. I think a prime location would be similiar to the Taproom, located close to the core of the city so all roads, okay all freeways lead to it, so no matter where people are coming from, they can have quick and easy access to it and back home. A good neighborhood would be good too so we dont have to worry about people messing with the bikes.

So see you then and there. The location won't change for April.

• 2 weeks later...

And while we are there on th 15th talking about all of the great rides we plan on taking this summer, those who may be inclined to compete in the MOA mileage contest might as well get our forms filled out and signed. If you have your form, please bring it. I am an MOA member, hopefully there are a few others that will show up. The contest does not start until the 11th, so getting them signed on the 15 will be a good thing. Of course this means you have to ride to the M&G though. Weather at least looks promising so far!

We had a good turn out this last time, 10 people and 7 bikes! The weather was good, food was tasty, and the conversation was varied. With the weather continuing to show promise, hopefully more and more people will be able to make the dinner. Next MGE (meet, greet and eat) will be May 20, mark your calendars and see you there!!

Marty, hope your trip out west goes well. For now we are trying to keep the MGE on the same day each month so we dont loose people. Sorry.

Hey no prob. I usually get together with a bunch of advrider friends while out there. If I'm ever there at the right time I'll get in touch.

• 1 month later...

Time for another MG&E, May 20, 2009 at 6:30pm. Weather looks like it should be okay, hope to see lots of bikes there, and people too!

MacTarnahan’s Taproom

2730 NW 31st

Portland Oregon, 97210

Telephone: (503) 228-5269

Directions

From I-405 North or South, take the St. Helens/Highway 30 exit. Take Highway 30 (NW Yeon Ave) about 1 mile. Take left on 29th Avenue. Go two blocks to Industrial St. and turn right. Go 2 blocks to 31st Avenue. Taproom is on the corner of NW 31st and Industrial.

Marty Hill

Nope, be in pdx this friday thru next tues. am.

Return in about 3 weeks for a few days again.

Thanks,

Marty

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, this is the deal for the June M&G. I am out of town on a ride and the BMWRO John Day Rally starts on the 18th. So, the M&G is still a go, but I don't know if anyone will be there. I know some who normally show are leaving early for John Day and with any luck I will be in California tomorrow night. I hope some still show up though. If anyone does make it, please let me know. July should be back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for another MG&E at MacTarnahan's, July 15 at 6:30.

MacTarnahan’s Taproom

2730 NW 31st

Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions

From I-405 North or South, take the St. Helens/Highway 30 exit. Take Highway 30 (NW Yeon Ave) about 1 mile. Take left on 29th Avenue. Go two blocks to Industrial St. and turn right. Go 2 blocks to 31st Avenue. Taproom is on the corner of NW 31st and Industrial.

• 1 month later...

Yup, it's time for another MG&E at MacTarnahan's, August 19 at 6:30pm. It has been a great summer and I am sure there have been some great rides. Stop by, meet some other BMW enthusiasts, share some ride stories and enjoy some great food.

MacTarnahan’s Taproom

2730 NW 31st

Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions

• 5 weeks later...

Where has the time gone? It seems like just the other day we were at dinner sharing ride stories and yet here it is time again for another dinner!!

I look forward to these things sneaking up on me, but time passing also means the weather will soon be against us and many a bike will be put to bed for the winter.

But anyway, come on out and join us for dinner and conversation this Wenesday, September 16th at 6:30 pm.

MacTarnahan’s Taproom

2730 NW 31st

Portland Oregon, 97210

Directions

• 1 month later...

Aloha! It is time again for the Portland Meet Greet and Eat this Wednesday at the MacTarnahan's Taproom. I am not on my regular computer and have limited access to the web so if you need the address etc. please see the previous posts for this activity. I can't be there this month, but I hope the regular group of beemerphiles can make it. Please feel free to join us (them) for some good food, company and chit chat.

• 4 weeks later...

Another month has slipped by us. Seems like just the other day I was lounging in Hawaii instead of raking leaves out of my already muddy yard. Oh well, every month that passes gets us closer to putting away the heated gear correct?

Any way, time for another dinner, hope to see some of you there.

So here it is

Time: For now let's set the time at around 6:30pm

That makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, Nov 18!!

Brian

Edited by bmwsit
  • 4 weeks later...

It is that time again! And the weather has turned in our favor........? Okay, maybe not, but at least it is not so cold!

Time: Around 6:30pm

Directions

This makes the next Meet & Greet this coming Wed, December 16!!

Brian

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year to all. It is that time again!! January's Meet and Greet is this Wednesday, the 20th!

Directions

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW, two or four wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner! February 17th!!

It almost snuck up on me! The third Wednesday is here again! And the weather actually looks like it may cooperate for us. Cloudy in the 50's. Let's see some bikes!

Directions

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner! March 17th!!

I know, it is St Patricks Day, so if you feel you must go celebrate the Irish way do what you must. But for the rest of us we can do our regular dinner.

Directions

Brian

• 1 month later...

Tic Tock where does the time go? Sorry I missed the post this weekend.

Yes, the third Wednesday of the month is just days away, time for dinner again!!

There is construction in the area, I believe 29th is closed and I don't know if you can get around the road block via the parking lot or not. If not, just go to 35, then Industrial, or access off of St Helens Road.

Directions

Hope to see you there.

Can't believe it. I will be there the 2nd wed. next month. Guess I will never be there at the right time.

• 4 weeks later...

Summer has finally arrived, more or less and the third Wednesday is almost upon us. Time for dinner and talk!! This coming Wed, the 19th!

Directions

Hope to see you there.

Okay, so BMWOR is putting on a speaker Wed night at the same time as the dinner. My wife and I are going to swing by Tigard to see the speaker. If anyone wants to do the dinner, please still do. The place is pretty good. See you next month, June 16th!

• 4 weeks later...

I was getting all excited for Wednesday as I thought maybe summer was here to stay. I was looking forward to a nice warm evening for dinner. Of course a glance at at the forecast shows partly cloudy on Wed and in the 60's. Oh well, let's have dinner any way!!

Yup that time again, and this month it looks like there are no conflicts. So you know the drill, this Wed, the 16th, at about 6:30pm.

Brian

• 1 month later...
bobanddianne

Brian,

We have seen an earlier mention of the four good riding months in Oregon... might we be so bold as to ask which they might be?

Regards from down south

Duane n Oregon

The four good riding months here in Oregon?

J, U, L, and Y. (Mostly joking.)

I'd vote June, July, August, September. Really it should be May-October, but some years May, June, and October can be pretty wet.

Duane

97 R1100RT

• 3 weeks later...

Looks to be that time again. Weather looks like it should be just about perfect for an evening on the patio. This Wednesday, Aug 18.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Heads up! Third Wednesday is almost here, 9/15! Time for dinner again. Come one and come all. Hope to see you there!!

Brian

Edited by bmwsit
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's dinner time again! This Wed, November 17th!! Had a good turn out last month with 8 or so folks showing up. Let's keep it up. I have arranged for okay weather on Wednesday, a bit cool, but not bad.

The Taproom has changed a good part of their menu adding new items and changing some old items. Overall I would say its an improvement.

See you there!!

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

The last Portland dinner of 2010 is here this Wednesday, Dec 15. The weather hasn't been that good, so maybe no riding stories this time. Maybe just stories of rides planned for next year, never too early to start those GPS plots. Anyone venture up to Seattle for the show? Come to dinner and tell us what you did see and didn't see.

Hope to see you there.

What: Portland Metro Bike Dinner

Brian