IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

CoarsegoldKid

I installed a heater cord connection for my wife's new jacket liner. The we went for a 1hr ride in the local twisties. I wish I could have done more but there is always other days.

I rode from my house which is about 30 minutes east of Sacramento to Clear Lake for lunch and then home. About 285 miles round trip. Beautiful day, not too much traffic for most of the route. Temperatures ranging from 40-60 degrees. I needed a mental health day!

Moved golf clubs around the GT.

Beth, daughter and I, played with Rich Edwards.

Second round this year.

:P

Did par 5 of last 10 holes, but Rich won.

A great day to be outside.

Not riding, but enjoyable, temps 39-60, blue skies, great camaraderie.

Te wife and I have been sitting out on the patio having a glass of wine and enjoying the beautiful sunny day. We don't see a lot of sun during the winter time in Alberta. Temperature is around 67. Going to retire in a few months, next winter my RT will be here in Arizona.

Re -tire, the bike or you?

:grin:

Congrats.

One of my goals was to be able to ride 12 months a year and attend some of the great rallies that i have been reading about.

With our home in Arizona and retiring, I'm finally going to be able to do that. :grin:

Wired up my 12volt adaptor for the Kenwood 3101 b2b radio. Had it for years and finally got around to taking the time to lay in the wire. No more batteries to charge !! :thumbsup:

Gerbing dual temp controller sorted with the extra lead wire so now I am all set with my heated gloves (G5s).

I do wish Gerbing came out with a "one wire" dual lead so I didn't have to make it.

Sure wish I could have gone camping instead!

Loaded the bike for a pre-dawn launch chasing Bernie and George over to Stockton, AL and Stagecoach XV The Last Ride of The Year. Gonna be fun.

Bill

Rode out Hwy 16 to 49 to 88 and up almost to the 8000ft elevation about 5 miles from Silver Lake before bumping into some serious clouds and deciding to turn back. I was hoping to ride into Lake Tahoe and then back to Sacramento on Hwy 50 but it wasn't to be. I have been caught in a snow storm before around that same area of Silver Lake and thought better than to do that twice.

Rode to work & bagged a tag for Advrider. Kona skate park here in Jax. Dudes were all over the RT. Beats me why, I thought it was only cool to me. They wouldn't hang for the pic, maybe they're spooked about that whole Facebook face recognition thing.

S6301014-L.jpg

Gone ridin'. Day ride. Western Maryland, corner of WV and VA. Stuck to old roads that got replaced by Interstates. Nice day. This time of year any day that stays over 30 and dry is a very nice day.

So many roads...

11-IMG_1437.jpg

As of today I have put over 15,000 miles on my RT in the last 13 months. I think today's 280 miles were the best, at least the most rewarding, miles yet. I left Folsom (Sacramento, California) and rode to Bodega Bay. I took the longest way I could think of. When I left it was wet and foggy. For the next 200 miles I had rain and fog and crappy conditions for most of the twisties...it was great! When I first saw the Pacific Ocean there was sun!!! I rode 40 miles down highway 1 with sunny skies and dry road. I took great sunset pics and rode down highway 1 for 50 miles in the dark and could see the waves crashing on the rocks off the cliffs with the moonlight. I got a great dinner and a great campsite and a couple of beers to go with the fire... What I did today is a dream come true...the reason I always wanted a motorcycle. I'll post pics when I get home tomorrow.

Firefight911

Day two at the firehouse with one more to go so I was relegated to only being able to do research on suspension for my Super Tenere.

Lots learned as to why it's got such a harsh front end.

Progressive spring that goes from a .85 kg/mm to a 1.15 kg/mm after 75 mm of travel. Linear spring is looking mighty nice. I spec out to a .976 kg/mm linear spring.

Hmmmm, that explains the harshness!!!!!!

Downtime at the firehouse can get quite expensive! :grin: Ice on the roads this morning but there will be riding on the first day of 2012. :thumbsup:

Pat

Yesterday I Pulled the Tranny for input seal replacement and Change the Clutch. Went to remove the flywheel(sic) to check Crank shaft seal for leakage and rounded one of the five bolts. No Matter what I did yesterday, The edges got worse. Went to Napa, Lowes, Pep Boy and Finally Harbor freight where they were the only ones with a 17MM Bolt extractor in a set of 9 Today. Wish Me luck in Getting it out. Used a special 25% on line coupon for the Purchase. Looks as though it will dig deep into the flats for a good hold. If that goes well, I will be well on my way for reassembly!

Paul Mihalka

Met a few of my local BMWBMW (BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington) friends for breakfast. After that, guess what? Went riding...

12-IMG_1439.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Went for a little "recon" ride to check out some roads I've been meaning to see. I took one picture, and it turns out that it's very fitting for the first day of the new year.

Windmills-XL.jpg

Took the red one out for a New Years Day spin.

:thumbsup: me too 'cept mine is white...had an awesome time. What a way to bring in the new year!!

I spent a few minutes trying to decide which bike to bring to AZ. Both are serviced with new rubber.

Does that count?

Edited by Whip
Firefight911

445 miles to Point Arena and back yesterday. Everything from ice to water to pot holes to racetrack type roads with temps from 34 to 65 degrees.

Perfect day!

Hey, the title says "on or to your bike" - you think just thinking about it counts? :)

That question is above my pay grade. I must defer to a higher power.

Phil?

Edited by Whip

Florida trail riding on New Years Eve.

Caution: 11 minute video with partly loud, raucous music and some goofy commentary. Plenty of bike naps though. :)

<a href=http://twthinking.smugmug.com/CADS-Rides/CADS-Last-ride-of-2011-12-31/i-kMjZXdL/0/M/CADS-last-ride-of-2011-M.jpg' alt='CADS-last-ride-of-2011-M.jpg'>

[/img]

Boy, me too. That was part of the afternoon session which finally took a toll on him and he said uncle (partly because he had the wrong jacket and was overheating), we'd done a couple hours before lunch too. He knew what we'd be doing though and said he wanted the practice.

At the MOA this summer he came within a gnat's hair of winning the GS Challenge and the 800GS grand prize.

I like the mount position on your Roam. I am trying the GoPro, don't like it on top of the helmet at speed.

Ride New Year's day, from Grand Saline Tx to Edom, "Pie Run".

Edited by dhanson

The bird's eye view from the GoPro is pretty cool tho', I think Dean has a contour on the left side. Did you reach up there and turn it off at the end?

Rode to work the last three days. Last night I wiped down what was earlier a weep from the FD, but it's now a full on leak. It's from the right side, & I have the new seal. I'll fix it this weekend.

Zip it, Phil, I don't need to hear it. :/

Firefight911
Rode to work the last three days.......

What? Geez, why would I give you grief for only riding to work three out of the available five? Man, tough crowd!

:rofl::rofl:

Rode to work the last three days.......

What? Geez, why would I give you grief for only riding to work three out of the available five? Man, tough crowd!

:rofl::rofl:

Maybe you could fill in for Jay Leno with that line. :Cool:

Beautiful day, middle sixties, sunny Texas skies....

So, I tried out the Garmin for the first time on the bike. I mounted it on an RCU parcel shelf, using a Velcro strap to keep it angled upward due to vibration moving it forward when riding. It all worked perfectly :clap:

Deb and I rode out to Fort McKavett State Monument, home of the 8th and 9th Cavalry, the famous Buffalo Soldiers. A very nice place, well done and an interesting tour. If you go, reckon 1.5 hours to get around the place. We then plugged Side Oats Cafe in Menard into the 2720 and headed off for a fabulous "Black and Blue" Burger followed by home made Key Lime Pie!

Beautiful day, beautiful 200 mile ride, God Bless Texas !

Edited by philbytx