Originally Posted By: Jim Moore
I think some of us are learning the wrong lessons from the books, or maybe taking things to literally. Opening the throttle does not tighten your line. Having the throttle cracked open takes weight off the front end and puts your suspension in the middle of its travel, both of which make it easier to stabilize the bike in the turn.

Once in a stabilized turn with the throttle cracked open, you can use the throttle to tighten the turn by rolling off a tiny amount, or open the turn by rolling on a timy amount. Note that I said a tiny amount. Code warns against the survival reaction of snapping the throttle shut, which is entirely different from a tiny, smooth throttle adjustment mid-turn.

The front brake will stand the bike up because the front wheel is pointed into the turn. Using the front brake points the front wheel further into the turn, in effect countersteering out of the turn.

Cheers for all that ^ it ties with my understanding except:

As a note, that's one of the reasons you want to be in the upper third of your rpm range in a turn. It gives you the ability to instantaneously fine-tune your line with the throttle

May depend on the bike; if you have a grunty engine eg K100 then that'll pull nicely from low revs.

http://the-ride-info.blogspot.com