IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Installed a set of Fiamms from an Oilhead. Louder & more reliable than the umpteen Stebel Nautilus horns I've gone through over the last few years.

Installed a set of Fiamms from an Oilhead. Louder & more reliable than the umpteen Stebel Nautilus horns I've gone through over the last few years.

Great, glad you updated them beepers.

I gave mine a wipe down and removed some of the bugs from the oil cooler. :/

Another great day ride! Temps 35 to 55 - not a cloud in the sky - in February - in Maryland! It doesn't get much better than that...

After reading Paul's post, I left work early, came home and got out for a ride while the sun was setting. Figured out that if the road name has "Mill" in it, it will probably be nice and twisty.

After a nice ride to work this morning (even cool enough to turn the new Gerbings on) I quickly mounted the dual temp controler to my tank bag with some double sided velcro. I decided it was easier to mount there then to get the belt clip and have it mounted where I couldn't see it.

Spent some time out in the garage getting new base numbers for the Super Tenere suspension now that I have new internals with the proper rates for me.

If you forget to take the controller off the tank bag when you stop hopefully it won't end up where you really can't see it if you know what I mean...

Rode with Larry up Hwy 39 to Crystal Lake, then over to Glendora Mountain Road, and up to Mt. Baldy for lunch, then down into Claremont for the freeway ride home. These were new roads for me and I was impressed! All the better as it was a weekday and we had the road virtually to ourselves. Thanks Larry for leading the way.

Rode to work, bugged out early &, after a couple of stops at my two favorite gun shops, visited our brand new dealer. Met Don, the principle owner. A nice guy that rides & loves motorcycles. A beautiful facility, & I really hope they succeed. I'm going to do my part.

Oh, then I took the long way home.

BTW, there was a Bentley in the parking lot. Mayhaps a good sign.

Edited by Huzband
Rode with Larry up Hwy 39 to Crystal Lake, then over to Glendora Mountain Road, and up to Mt. Baldy for lunch, then down into Claremont for the freeway ride home. These were new roads for me and I was impressed! All the better as it was a weekday and we had the road virtually to ourselves. Thanks Larry for leading the way.

It's Always great to go to the mountains esp. when the roads are weekday empty! Thanks John :thumbsup:

If it was whom I think it was, he bought a Sertao. He was closing the deal with Ken when I walked in. Ran into Cotton while I was there as well.

I need to get over there and visit the guys. It's been open 2 days and I haven't been there yet... I'm slacking bad.

It was raining and the perfect time to put on a new set of ME880s. Got almost 12K on the previous pair although the cords made their appearance on the last 300 mile ride up the coast. May have stretched it a bit far for safety's sake, but not on purpose. Now I'm ready for a ride out to Arizona to see Tommy and the crew in a couple of weeks.

Rode with Groanup and new member Jose (w/cherry 1100RT) up Angeles Crest Hwy to Mt. Wilson, then to Newcombs, instead of the original plan of Wrightwood. The rain yesterday made for some questionable shady corners so we cut it short. Then we took Upper Tujunga to Angeles Forest and back to the Crest and home on the slab. Wonderful billowy cloudy mountain vistas, and for the most part freshly scrubbed and dry roads. There were hardly any harleys at the restaurant. Lots of ducatis, bmws, hondas, aprillias. Must have been too cold for the hog crowd, probably in the 40's.

Paul In Australia

Rode 600 kms along the great Dividing rage. Rain, hail and sunshine

Absolutely fantastic

Typing this sitting in a bar having a couple of quite rums

Tomorrow down the coast and then more back hill roads

Regards

Paul In Australia

Another 600kms of absolute fun

Coastal twities, rainforest,

Ountains and sydney city traffic. Now i know why i dont live in sydney.

The traffic is manic

Now in Shellharbour in NSW

Tomorrow i turn around and do it all again.

Except for Sydney. Organised a route around that.

Back to the Oxley. The best motorcycle rd in NSW

Regards

Larry,

Did you torque them to factory spec?

Known to vibrate off easily.

JK

:P

looks nice.

I started the GT, shifted up to third on the centerstand, came in second.

I'll do better next time.

:lurk:

Sold my KTM and bought a used GS. Spent the day inspecting it and figuring out what mods/adds I need to do. Seems quicker and more nimble than my RT.

Paul In Australia

Rode the Oxley up and back today.

Fantastic. Just wonderful

Great weather, if a little cool at about 70. Up the mountain

Now inSawtell on the coast

On the way home. Via Sumerland way and Lions rd

Have to go sailing this weekend

Perfect

Regards

Paul

Spent 5 hours doing a Poppy recon in the Helmand, followed by an hour of zero ground run autorotations to taxi way 05 foxtrot a Kandahar.

Spent 5 hours doing a Poppy recon in the Helmand, followed by an hour of zero ground run autorotations to taxi way 05 foxtrot a Kandahar.

owhay aboutway omesay icturespay. :grin:

Pat

Took off those wimpy Anakees and put on some TKC80 knobbies on the new GS. First dirt ride Sunday, Montezuma pass.

Now you're talking! Just put on some Metzeler Karoo on my Yammie two days ago. Death Valley here I come!!!

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Put the Final Drive back together and back on the bike and everything back together. Took a half hour to find the key. Apparently there's a fifth location I forgot about.....front radio box.

My it's quiet now.

Just a short trip to my wife's parents home to wash the bikes.

More important, my 9 year old high functioning autistic son had his 2nd trip on the back of my bike.

The first trip, he did not like it (on the 1150RT) and we left him for 6 months, just offering him another ride here and there.

This time on the (to us) new 1200RT, he wanted to come along.

So I took it really easy and smooth (hard work) not to scare him.

Now he loves it and wants to come on the next ride.

So this creates a whole new issue, as his 13 year old sister absolutely loves coming on trips with me.

It will be October before my wife gets of her "P" plates and is allowed to take a pillion.

Alfred,

I wish you well in incorporating your nine year old into your riding. When kids show an interest, no matter their challenges, it seems to make sense to encourage them. Hope it goes well, and your wife and sister work things out so all can go on adventures together.

owhay aboutway omesay icturespay. :grin:

Pat

I'll work on that, but once I show you, I may have to dispose of you. :grin:

Super secret govmnt stuff and all. :rofl:

My older son might be heading over in the next 6 ~ 9 months.

He is a Comms Tech (like myself) but with the military.

I'll work on that, but once I show you, I may have to dispose of you. :grin:

Super secret govmnt stuff and all. :rofl:

Promise, I won't show anyone! :grin:

Pat

I am officially grounded from riding until my knee replacement in mid April so I've got lots of time to work on the RT. Heck the knee is so bad I can't get on the bike at all and I can only walk or stand for about an hour till the pain makes me stop. :(

Work in progress. Rework Kenwood to bike power, clean up all connections and reroute wires.

Remove bugs, parts of bugs,sticks, rocks and sand from all the nooks that seem to collect this stuff.

Opened the rear box only to discover I had left a damp towel in there sice last Oct. :dopeslap: The mold was so bad I threw out everything, cleaned box with Lysol and put in a cup of Fresh Wave to eat up the odor.

Today I did a full brake bleed. Tomorrow and in the days to come I'll clean each tupperware panel and slowly reassmble. The final task will be new tyres PR3's and then hope I can ride to the UN :clap:

picked it up from the shop (DR) carb job, fluids, chain, new brake lever. Fell off the ramp loading it up in the truck, worked all night before that. no injuries. Bike is running better than ever. waiting for July....

If you forget to take the controller off the tank bag when you stop hopefully it won't end up where you really can't see it if you know what I mean...

I usually stick the bag into one of the cases since it usually houses my keys, wallet and other valuable items.

Rode to a friends retirement party. Beautiful upper 50's. Expecting INCHES of snow tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Might be the last ride for a couple days. Picked up milk, bread and cranberry juice on the way home.

Rode to Crabtree Falls in VA. About 200 miles one way. Turned it into just over 500 for the day. Had plans to camp this weekend, but with the threat of snow, I decided it could wait for another time. :cry: Thanks to Garmin, I got to ride the RT like a GS for a few miles today. When I said I wanted the quickest route, I didn't mean the 4x4 shortcuts. Was a lot of fun though. Soft pack gravel and dirt, on some twisty road. The younger dirt bike days came flooding back though, and I had to get the back end loose a couple of times. :dopeslap: I really need to get my Suzuki DR on the road. Dual sporting an RT could get expensive fast.

Nice n Easy Rider
Just got back from another nice 400 mile day ride. Our non-winter still holds :grin:

I can't keep up with Paul (either speed- or mileage-wise) but had a nice 280 miler starting at 7AM. I only stopped once during the 5 hr for fuel and I have to say that my butt felt fine. Either I've gotten more padding down there (probably more likely) or I'm finely breaking in the RDL that I bought used a couple of years ago from Bill (Highway41). :grin: