IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Paul Mihalka

Balanced and mounted my set of spare wheels with new tires. Installed front brake pads. Went on 1 hour ride to settle everything. New tires always feel sooo good!

I am going to have a look at how I am going to mount the newly arrived Odyssey PC680 in the R1200RT.

My new tires have arrived (PR3 with rear being the "B" version), but as usual too late for this weekend (Easter) as my brother in law (who will mount and balance them)has gone racing with his son.

Also my 90 degree tire valves haven't arrived yet either.

Edited by Alfred02

Will do

I have seen a picture of someone using your normal fuel hose cut to a couple of small length as gap fillers.

Looked clean and functional without having to bend the battery mounting bracket.

The two pieces go on the top between the bracket, front and back.

Might have to put one at the bottom as well.

Edit...here is the link: PC680 R1200RT install

Edited by Alfred02
comstockrider

I walked out to the garage. Looked at my covered bike. Watch my sons dog pee on the front tire. Crawled into my cage and went to work. Now, how badly does that suck ? :cry:

Woke to the patter of tiny raindrops on my roof, went out and drained the oil after a engine warm up, removed the filter and crush washer on the plug. Replaced both ...emptied a few oil containers into the sump ...lost count of what I put in and stopped. Gary ( gotta go) stopped by to cheer me on , so we stripped the plastic on the left side to revile the fuel pump controller. NO CRACKS = GOOD. Installed 10over's clamp ring for good vibes.

Checked a few things than got back to the crankcase oil, slowly filled to dot, refitted plastic.

A good day filled with good friends coming and going, a fire in the stove in the bike nest and a bike ready to depart for the gathering at Joe and Juanita's.

What a holiday treat.

While out riding on Saturday I saw an elderly couple on the side of the road struggling to keep their 1200RT from falling on its side, so I pulled over and helped them upright the bike. Karma baby. :wave:

Thoroughly cleaned the bike after all the winter weather and stripped all the ACF50. 4 hours later the bike looks great but do i need to buy a motorcycle lift!

Friday was a 150 mile loop bagging "landmarks" for the Round Britain Rally. Saturday and Sunday saw me riding a 725 mile loop down to Cornwall and back bagging some more. Today the bike gets a rest - and so does my rear.

Andy

Today took the kids and wife for a bit of fishing, caught a couple of eels and three small Brims.

Tomorrow, wifey and I will do a bit of a local run (withdrawal signs), assuming I make it to the Service Station for fuel....LOL.

Installed new PC680, revisted the V1 install, still not happy with it so more research and thinking. Put all the tupperware back on , them took it all off again and the dash to install new Stealth antenna for 2 way radio. With no one near me with radios it makes it hard to check and see if it works or not.

Fired up to check battery and it turned over like it had run yesterday. Now I have to cover bike and wait to ride until the knee surgery prob 6 to 8 weeks. Aghhhhhhhhh :cry:

Put new shoes on my girl for the trip to the Sierra Foothill Country in a couple weeks.

I love how the timing of this worked out... again! :thumbsup:

Installed a new alternator belt on the GS. Left a piece of finger between the belt and the pulley :dopeslap:

OUCH!!! :eek:

Installed a new alternator belt on the GS. Left a piece of finger between the belt and the pulley :dopeslap:

OUCH!!! :eek:

+1 Hopefully it was just a mere flesh wound! ;)

My go to ride when I only have a couple of hours of free time. It's about a hundred miles door to door, pic is on RT 13 between New Boston &

Goffstown NH.

IMG_3898.jpg

Pat

Pat, I love the blue piping on your new :Cool: seat!

Thanks Sharon! The color is a close match to the blue in the BMW emblem & the number from Sargent is G-33.

Pat

Went on a tough dirt ride today on a KLX250. Crashed 3 times (very low speed) on a descent down a boulder field that makes 50-yard Phil's infamous road look like a highway. No pain, no gain but I think I'm getting too old for this sh**. The bad thing was my riding partner did the same descent on a KTM 950SE. I'm embarressed :(

Edited by johnlt

Rode from Catavina to Ensenada. Some rain, and some wind, but nothing like last week on the same road.

About 25 miles north of Catavina, I could see I was coming into a bit of rain, so I stopped to put on my rain pants.

Where I stopped was a Toyota 4 Runner, old, but still like it should be in good running condition. This was in the hills in the middle of nowhere.

A young lady was near, rather good looking, really. And I noticed the front of her car was smashed in nicely. Doesn't look good, says I. No says she, it isn't. Will it run? No. What did you hit? A vaca. Actually 2, and it knocked one down, who got up, but then stayed there. There he is across the road, says she.

He may be angry, says I. And he had some rather long horns, too.

But it was across a ditch and too steep for him to cross over. But he was looking at us, no doubt.

Anyway, she said she had called for a tow. I didn't really see how she could get cell service out there, but ...

And I then saw the debris. She was tooling along, flying around a blind corner, but then up a hill, when she should have had plenty of room to stop. And she runs dead smack into a bull? I was already riding slow and cautious.

And made it here, to Ensenada.

dc

Firefight911

Well, the dual sport ride I was leading was canceled as the "off road" environs around here are all either under water or the consistency of clam chowder sooooooo, what to do?!?!

Had Tubesock and our AMA cover boy head over to my place where we proceeded to do a great street ride along the levee roads of the Sacramento Delta to Antioch for lunch. Got to ride one of the two ferries across the river.

Great Mexican lunch and then back via more levee roads and then in to the foothills for a great jaunt home.

Perfect weather today for on road endeavors! Perfect company at a perfect pace with some of the most beautiful scenery!!!!

Thanks Steve and Ryan for coming along on our more than 200 mile adventure!!!

Well, a bit of work caught up.... so I am now going to ride over to Gary and Nancy's (gottago) so she can help me understand my new GPS and load some tunes.

Changed the rear end oil. Now working on engine oil and filter.

I would like to get to the valves today, but I don't know if I will.

dc

Edited by David13

I rode up San Gabriel, Azusa Cyn, canyon to see the snow and say Hi to the cafe owner, Alan, up at Chrystal lake.

Found out coming down Glendora Mtn Road why it's a good idea no to do that on a Sunday, too many bicyclists and squids.

Edited by notacop

Pulled the covers off Big Red in the garage. Patted her saddle.

Put the covers back on sadly and picked up the chainsaw.

$*&%#% gardening!! :mad:

Rode the Strom across the creek to Portlandia, stopped and made a donation (it is Sunday after all) Forgot to get my bike in the picture so I could post in Moto Photo.

5965.jpg.fe32a804b0b358ba39fed48d74fbf5f0.jpg

Nice n Easy Rider
Just a nice extended ride to work and back home. Another nice day.

Glad to see that Fuel Pump Controller is working so well Paul. Stay well. :thumbsup:

Rode the Strom across the creek to Portlandia, stopped and made a donation (it is Sunday after all) Forgot to get my bike in the picture so I could post in Moto Photo.

The rules in Motophoto loosened up. Did you get something motorcycle related in the photo? A gloved finger over a portion of the viewfinder? ;)

Paul Mihalka

Gone ridin'. Nice loop north into Pennsylvania, toward State College. RockBottom's roads. Seems we got summer in April.

farmIMG_1483-1.jpg

Gone ridin'. Nice loop north into Pennsylvania, toward State College. RockBottom's roads. Seems we got summer in April.

farmIMG_1483-1.jpg

Just...WOW! :thumbsup:

Well, the dual sport ride I was leading was canceled as the "off road" environs around here are all either under water or the consistency of clam chowder sooooooo, what to do?!?!

Had Tubesock and our AMA cover boy head over to my place where we proceeded to do a great street ride along the levee roads of the Sacramento Delta to Antioch for lunch. Got to ride one of the two ferries across the river.

Great Mexican lunch and then back via more levee roads and then in to the foothills for a great jaunt home.

Perfect weather today for on road endeavors! Perfect company at a perfect pace with some of the most beautiful scenery!!!!

Wait, you took valuable time away from farkling to actually RIDE the the thing? Wow, I'm impressed. :rofl::wave:

Firefight911

Wait, you took valuable time away from farkling to actually RIDE the the thing? Wow, I'm impressed. :rofl::wave:

Weird huh!!! Over 7500 miles since August. AND, I am even riding this weekend!!!!! :Cool:

Put a Metz 880 on "Stoner's" rear wheel .. As usual with the Metz tires I have changed in the past, I had to fight it in Mounting and dismounting. Unlike the Shinko's I put on My other C- "NV" (my hack setup) I have to do twice as much work and effort in the process. It must be that there is much more material and plys on the sidewall or something. If I like the way the performance of the Shinko's hold up, I may just stay with that brand for the sake of an easy tire change.

Rode to Gainesville, FL for a coffee and bagel at The Bagel Factory, in the on/off again rain, then returned home the longer way (250 miles). Great ride.

Replaced my throttle cables and bowden box yesterday (total PIA).

Got everything dialed in today - cleaned up my very filthy bike.

Paul In Australia

Casual 200 km ride in lovely early autumn weather.

Sunday traffic was very ordinary. Now I know why Mondays is so much fun.

Lots of LEO,s out and about, but the ride was very pleasant and stress free.

Regards

Paul