IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Does waiting on a State Farm check count here? :P

Yes!

Well then! The adjuster visited the dealer & the bike last Tuesday. Word from Brian, the service manager, is the claim is approved & the check is in the mail. Jeez, I sure hope so.

Replaced the missing E-clip on my right peg. Armando was polite enough to point it out a few weeks ago at Ridesmart, but I've been getting by with electrical tape till I had the proper time to replace the $0.30 hardware store part. BMW part was $0.56, nice savings there, but without the one week wait and two trips to the dealer :grin:

Mrs. Caddis

Shook the cobwebs off by riding up Coal Creek Canyon to Peak to Peak Highway to Estes Park for lunch. Hit some back roads in Boulder County on the way home. Perfect day, blue skies, puffy white clouds, snow capped mountains, twisties, sweepers and dry roads.

Don Beissel

Cleaned the K&N air filter. Maybe it'll run better and get better mileage!

Actually, she runs fine. Better mileage is always good!

lawnchairboy

got an assist- trailered the GS for new rear shoe and initial state inspection. now ready to go..... my RT keeps looking at me suspiciously in the garage.

Paul Mihalka

Gone ridin' again. Virginia/West Virginia. Was 50 miles away from Snowshoe, where we Rubber Chicken will meet in June. Retirement is great. Can pick the nicest days for riding.

04253IMG_1487-1.jpg

04252IMG_1486-1.jpg

Finally got the check. :thumbsup:

Ordered the rims & bearings. Are they in the country? Who knows.

Hopefully I'll be riding by fall HelenBack.

Lone_RT_rider

Awesome! It's great that you will be riding by then, but will you actually be there? ;):grin::thumbsup:

Awesome! It's great that you will be riding by then, but will you actually be there? ;):grin::thumbsup:

That there is another story, sir.

Booked mine in for its 60 000 km service. Wait of several weeks to get it in. Cost expected to be in the region of $1000AUD. Just another day in paradise. :cry:

We took a ride to Kurt's (Xracerboy66) house for some valve adjustment and TBS on his and Eileen's "new" bikes. Then I dropped my bike off at an independent shop to have them inspect the final drive, as there have been lots of shiny flakes in the final drive oil :P

DSC00242.JPG

It says "Made... In.... Japan" WHAT??!!

DSC00244.JPG

What the heck is a Newton-Meter?

I rode my new to me '05 Suzuki DRZ 400S home the long way. :)

Cool. I keep looking for a deal on one of those, but I swear those bikes must be gold plated for some of the prices I see listed around here.

CoarsegoldKid
I rode my new to me '05 Suzuki DRZ 400S home the long way. :)

...but I swear those bikes must be gold plated for some of the prices I see listed around here.

magnesium

Just swing a reasonable price you can afford at them and see if they go for it.

Be careful! The DRZ can cause hyper stimulation of some anatomical components. Unlike the GS riders with Corbin seats we've been trying to keep it a secret.

Dean Wirsing

My first work on the bike - installed a new headlamp - RH on my 07 RT. My hands are still sore! Won't be as difficult the next time, though.

Highway41

Just a 50 mile out and back checkout ride. First time on the bike since the end of December. Felt great and I'm rolling to find some Q this weekend.

Bill

CoarsegoldKid

Took the BMW out with the local retired folk to a small Mexican restaurant in Orange Cove, Ca. Great day riding in the foothills.

Cost expected to be in the region of $1000AUD

BMW = Bring More Wallet

Ducati

Every 2nd service, $450/$1200AUD minor/major respectively.

One rim: $2500,-AUD

A work college of mine is looking at getting one.

.....It's all relative.

Makes BMW look cheap ;)

Not today, but yesterday I got a call that my new rims came in. Hurried myself over to the dealer to fetch & drop them at the powder coater. They should be ready tomorrow, so I hope to be back in the saddle by mid next week. :thumbsup:

Installed a Hyper Pro steering stabilizer on my R12 GS. Beautiful kit. Went together easily and works great.

CoarsegoldKid

Took the wife out for a 240 mile ride through the foothills and ate cinco de Mayo tacos in Dinuba.

Took the wife out for a 240 mile ride through the foothills and ate cinco de Mayo tacos in Dinuba.

Life could be worse. Good for the both of you. :thumbsup:

Went to visit the Rock Store by Mulholland Drive. The snake didn't bite me. Didn't get hit by the BMW woodie syndrome.

My wife and I took the bikes on a run, with mine being on it's new shoes for the 1st time (PR3's).

Although a very short ride, we did choose the back roads with lots of turns and hairpins.

Took it really easy but still the bike felt marvelous.

The ride was to pick up my 9year old boy from an overnight stay at a friend, so the bike had all the panniers and 49L top box, plus his cloth etc on the way back.

Loved every minute of it.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Breakfast in Nevada City. Brake lever felt a bit soft. Leaking hose. SOB!

Must be time for spieglers.

CoarsegoldKid
The snake didn't bite me.

I could happen though.

A friend crashed up there about 12 years ago. I assisted him getting upright. Not more than 10 feet away from his head was a rattlesnake.

Paul In Australia

368km ride in the back hills. Lunch at a country pub in Kennilworth and then back over the hills. The weather was magnificent. The RT just purrrrrrrrred.

Rode for some of the way with a guy on a new VFR. Nice bike. handles ok by the looks of it.

Saw three of the constabulary on a 4 km length of Freeway ( about the only bit i used)

life is good

Edited by Paul In Australia
lawnchairboy

42 whole miles on the GS. shoulder is marginal. new motor is noticeably new. I like it.

went 1/2 mile early this am to do a ride in VT before the bike just stopped. Called the wrecker, took bike apart and found the plug for the fuel pump worked it's way loose off of the holding nibs. Plugged back in fully AND ty wraped that bugger too this time! Now it purrs like a kitten!

Highway41

Chasing Bernie for the first time in 4 months ending at breakfast in St Augustine. Then on to a two coffee BMWNEF meeting and a lazy ride home along the river. No Q but a good day.

Bill

Did 300 miles (half dirt) on my GS with new steering dampener. After 75 miles, it fell off!! Re-installed, this time with blue lock tight. works great.

Dropped the new, beautifully powder coated rims back at the dealer. Expect a call today or tomorrow that it's ready.

Dropped the new, beautifully powder coated rims back at the dealer. Expect a call today or tomorrow that it's ready.

That must have made the ride home rough.

------

Switched my larger "winter" windscreen for the smaller "summer" one. It's getting warm out here on the bayous. Took the long road to work. Did not give in to the temptation to just keep going.

Red is 1 year old (to me) today. We haven't ridden as far and wide as we would like due to constant work travel demands. Red is understanding and sits patiently by the back door waiting for a pat and encouraging word. We've put on over 6K in 12 months and hope to up the numbers as time progresses.

Grins,

Tony

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Checked the bike to make sure fluid is still leaking from the front brake hose. Waiting, impatiently, for spieglers.

Looks sad there with the equivalent of a runny nose.

Brant Herbert

Put on a new front tire, new front pads, brake bleed, rebuilt forks with new seals, valve adjust, and a throttle sync. Tomorrow, a ride to Sedona to scrub in the new tire. Torrey, here I come!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Brought the tools up from the basement to do an oil change. :grin: Noticed during yesterday's ride (first one after the HelenBack event) that I had hit 25K, which means I'm overdue for the 24K maintenance. Stopped and bought oil during my ride (Golden Spectro full-synth is getting expensive; opted for semi-synth instead), had new filter sitting on shelf, so I'm ready for action. I just need to do a bunch of other chores first...

Rode both the GS and GT today. Man, I have one tough decision to make before the wagons are pointed west in July. Ultra comfort or the ability to explore the dirty roads... :S

Pat

Firefight911

Picked the bike up from the dealer. They did a stem to stern and found a couple loose spokes and adjusted the steering head bearings. Otherwise, like a top!!! The steering head bearings and spokes were absolutely expected after the working over I gave the front end on my Death Valley - Taste of Dakar event trip in February. I worked that bike like I stole it while down there and knew I had put some good use to the bike known as Super Tenere by Yamaha!

I am 29 days away from an 8000 mile trip!!!!! It all starts with a 50CC from San Diego to Jacksonville. From there it's off to Albany, GA, Knoxville, TN via Tail of the Dragon, then to Sterling, VA, Wind Gap, PA, Spring Mills, PA, Zanesville, OH, Overland PArk, KS, North Platte, NE, Salt Lake City, UT, and then back to home here in Folsom, CA

I'll be posting all about it this week! Gents and ladies, it's time for some good old BMWST love support!!!!

Standby for the ride and event planning thread announcement.

I'll be soliciting route help for post 50CC.

Rode the RT to a dealer and traded it in on a 2011 GSA! Loving life even more now!

Terri let you do that?

-----

Rode the RT to a dealer and traded it in on a 2011 GSA! Loving life even more now!

Terri let you do that?

Well, it doesn't mean I won't be spending more money to make certain it's comfy for her. That's the deal.