IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Put a new Heidenau K60 on my spare rear wheel. Pulled a good TKC80 off my dinged up spare front wheel. Contemplated how many miles I had left on my rear Tourance. Got a headache. Poured a drink. Now I'm staring at Mapsource trying to figure out how to stretch 200 miles into 350 miles with a proper lunch stop. Man, life is rough sometimes

Installed the support clamp arount the fuel pump flange and also replaced the working but old style fuel pump electronics module with the new style black version. Old one is now a spare.

Sharon,

Glad you're OK.

Fix it and then buy an additional ride.

A lady can't have toooo mannyy bikes.

Went out to Field BC for lunch with a friend. It was pretty cool in the morning (less then 4C) so the wives decided to drive. Here they are searching for the electric outlets on his new GoldWing.

2012_05_26_Field.jpg

In spite of a dry winter, there was lots of snow in the mountains and there is still snow beside the road in the shade near the Divide.

Mike Cassidy

I finally got to some of my remaining to-do's on my recently acquired R1100RT this weekend. Installed an HID headlamp kit, then some Skene Photon Blasters down on the fender, wired in the V-1 and the Zumo. Then it was time for the alternator belt.

Undid the cover, and was presented with what appears to be a deserted little mice nest. It's always nice to receive a free gift from the previous owner's garage...

web.jpg

lawnchairboy

yorktown, williamsburg, colonial parkway. around 100 miles.

some neck pain, either from a further reach than the RT or altered position due to recent shoulder bonk. It's summer now for sure. colonial parkway is beautiful if you are ever down in this area. BRP like, without the elevation, no commercial traffic.

smugshot9536958-L.jpg

I started Saturday and removed all fairing.

Yesterday I waxed it all, including the edges.

Today I checked the valves. All looking good. The bike runs excellent.

This afternoon I will run it with the Harmonizer to see what the balance looks like.

dc

Harmonizer shows the balance perfect at 3600 and 4200 rpms. And off by 4 mb at idle.

Like Dale at Irv Seaver said, I found a good one.

dc

Guest Kakugo

Yesterday I went for a spin on "my" roads on the Honda.

Started late as I had a few things to do and quite a bit of backache... yet it was a good decision.

DSCF1009.jpg

This is where you can enjoy a picnic while people attempt to drag their knee or scrap their footpegs...

DSCF1008.jpg

As I sat down on the table I noticed this:

DSCF1012.jpg

A sobering reminder... a bit from a bike fairing, probably an older Kawasaki. :(

Sunny day, traffic was more than acceptable with no tourists or swarms of bikes looking for a cheap thrill:

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1013.jpg

But later, obviously...

DSCF1015.jpg

Thankfully I was in my trusty old Hein Gericke suit. I don't mind the rain but drivers around here get even more dangerous with a few drops of rain.

Almost home, the sun returned (though a thunderstorm arrived later) and I stopped...

Untitled-2.jpg

To snap a couple pictures of this:

DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

Yes, that's a McLaren F1... on a California license plate! :)

Don Beissel

I removed the stripped screw from my front brake reservoir, replaced all 4 screws with new ones, put Loktite on my shift lever adjustment screw and replaced the rubber on my shift lever.

Now I am patiently waiting on my stainless steel brake lines to come so I can replace them and ride again.

Had new throttle cables installed and FD/driveshaft inspection plus new fluid in preparation for my Inuvik trip in a couple weeks.

Chased Bernie through the back roads of northeast Fl. to High Springs for breakfast. Pictures? Are you kidding? Have you ever ridden behind The Bernie? :grin:

Marty Hill

Saw the white cliffs of dover for the first time. Ferry crossing from calais to dover. Enjoying the UK now. First $40 fill up of petrol tank in dover.

Hitting this 3-inch deep rut, and onto the catseye:

i-ZTpjNrC-XL.jpg

Doing this to the front wheel

i-sbWcX7S-XL.jpg

causing an instant deflation, which left my stuck a quarter-mile down the road here:

i-s48vjgz-XL.jpg

After 1-1/2 hours I was collected by this:

i-W5BzMJZ-XL.jpg

Then transferred to two of these:

i-qn2mWmC-XL.jpg

finally getting to my home 400-miles to the south some 14 hours after the 'moment'.

Andy

Marty Hill

Horrible/sorry I was complaining to you about the rain. Booked a room at the BW.

Sorry to hear Andy.

400 miles?

That's the maximum length of the country, isn't it?

You must have been at the other end LOL

Hope you can find a cheap 2nd hand rim in good condition.

Sorry to hear Andy.

400 miles?

That's the maximum length of the country, isn't it?

You must have been at the other end LOL

Hope you can find a cheap 2nd hand rim in good condition.

I was in another country: Scotland - Just north of Edinburgh. You have to remember that British miles take longer to travel than colonial miles.

I had course the other day to remember an old quote which almost fits here too.

An Englishman thinks 100 miles is a long way, in the same way that an American thinks 100 years is a long time.

As for the wheel, Motorworks quote £180 used, £502 new. I am going to get the used one whilst getting this one fixed as a spare.

Andy

Slapped a new TKC80 on the front tonight. No thanks to BMW for not including ANY way to remove the front wheel. Luckely I had a trusty screw driver handle that was a perfect fit and a 7/8" wrench that was good enough for removal. I'll see if I can't rustle up a proper axle tool from the local UJM dealer for reassembly

IMG_0448.jpg

Then moved to the rear thinking I was going to install a new Heidenau K60 on the rear. I already had it mounted on my spare wheel, but then realized my rear brake pads are paper thin.......as in tissue paper thin :eek:.

Rode down the full length of the Taconic Parkway veered off to another Parkway (Bruckner?) to the Throgs neck Bridge and into L.I. to a few friends houses for a short visit in Selden and Bay Shore yesterday.

Rout 27 and South Island parkway to the Throgs neck again missing a turn and going into the Bronx Cross town. Up the Major Deagan to the Saw Mill and back on the Taconic Parkway. In spite of the early am rain, it was a nice ride and traffic went smooth and flowing ( even the Bronx wasn't that bad around 30-40 mph! Road on the other hand -- deplorable! watch the divots and heaves!) Once on the Sawmill, I had to keep with the traffic around 80 MPH-- Glad I made the turn from the Major Deagan. Beautiful Sunset too.

A small gift from the trip is a slight leak of oil from the rear tranny output seal and a welcome back to a leaking hot water heater.

Not sure of the mileage round trip but somewhere around 300-350.

Couldn't ask for a better trip traffic wise through L.I.

Spot Route.......

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=1A6806nUUVRyRGaxpJRcFWU4FXMrpFKgp

(Selden)

Good till Sat.

Then moved to the rear thinking I was going to install a new Heidenau K60 on the rear. I already had it mounted on my spare wheel, but then realized my rear brake pads are paper thin.......as in tissue paper thin :eek:.

Turns out that the part number for the rear brake pads on the 1200GS are the same as my old 1100RT.......and I just happened to have a set of Carbon Lorraine sitting here from my RT that only had about 300 miles on them. Woohoo! Its nice when things actually work out for a change. :)

Rode to Kernville to stretch the GT a bit and put a few more miles on her. As I was sitting on a bench watching the Kern river roll by and enjoying a nice cigar, I heard the rattle of a dog collar and leash. I glanced over and saw a cute black Chinese Pug who was very excited about the water. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his enthusiasm.

"That's one happy dog!" I mentioned to the owner.

She agreed and started telling me about "Dexter" (yep, named him after a serial killer) and how this was his first trip to the river. She introduced herself as Veronica then sat next to me on the bench and continued chatting with me, and I began to assess this attractive young lady a bit more closely. Latina, pretty, articulate, funny, runners legs, and a touch of visible ink on her upper arm. hmm...

I left my riding gear on the bike, but was wearing my leather pants and boots. She asked if I rode a Harley, and there was almost a hint of weariness in the question. She's from Bakersfield, and there's a huge number of them there. I said "No, it's a BMW". Her face lit up and at first she didn't believe me until I pointed it out to her. She then flew into a story about the deal she got on her 2002 Bimmer convertible and how much she loved it. She asked to see the bike, so we walked over to it, the whole time she's telling me about her Bimmer and the process she went through to get it.

She thought it was gorgeous (I'm thinking the same thing) and she asked if I'd take her for a ride sometime. I looked her straight in the eye and asked if she was serious. It's usually about this time I'd hear the "My husband never..." or "My boyfriend won't...." but not this time. I told her I have a helmet and jacket that should fit her, and she gave me her phone number.

Today was a good day....

Rode to Kernville to stretch the GT a bit and put a few more miles on her. As I was sitting on a bench watching the Kern river roll by and enjoying a nice cigar, I heard the rattle of a dog collar and leash. I glanced over and saw a cute black Chinese Pug who was very excited about the water. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his enthusiasm.

She agreed and started telling me about "Dexter" (yep, named him after a serial killer) and how this was his first trip to the river. She introduced herself as Veronica then sat next to me on the bench and continued chatting with me, and I began to assess this attractive young lady a bit more closely. Latina, pretty, articulate, funny, runners legs, and a touch of visible ink on her upper arm. hmm...

I left my riding gear on the bike, but was wearing my leather pants and boots. She asked if I rode a Harley, and there was almost a hint of weariness in the question. She's from Bakersfield, and there's a huge number of them there. I said "No, it's a BMW". Her face lit up and at first she didn't believe me until I pointed it out to her. She then flew into a story about the deal she got on her 2002 Bimmer convertible and how much she loved it. She asked to see the bike, so we walked over to it, the whole time she's telling me about her Bimmer and the process she went through to get it.

She thought it was gorgeous (I'm thinking the same thing) and she asked if I'd take her for a ride sometime. I looked her straight in the eye and asked if she was serious. It's usually about this time I'd hear the "My husband never..." or "My boyfriend won't...." but not this time. I told her I have a helmet and jacket that should fit her, and she gave me her phone number.

Today was a good day....

You forgot to start off with "Dear Penhouse.."

-------

Marty Hill

Today was a good day....

Wow! Good luck.

Guest Kakugo

Today was a good day....

Why all I always get are old gits asking me where I bought my bike seat? :grin:

Took the RT for a short stroll of about 225 km (140 miles) into the foothills east of Perth then back home via two of our dams. Magnificent day; should have taken photos, but didn't.

Stopped at a new market and was asked by a young(ish) lady with a strong European accent about the RT. She was a BMW car fan. That's where my story ends. :)

For those interested in following it on Google maps:

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=210807190292516985123.0004c1b1b067e312ff258&msa=0&ll=-31.973716,115.606384&spn=0.414722,0.981903

Today was a good day....

What else can a 1600 do...? Perhaps a two up Bun Burner with a Pug!

Anyway, where would Dexter ride? :wave:

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Had to go to San Jose for an errand. Left before sunrise and....no HID headlamp. Have Hella Fogs in HID and HID driving beams but, no headlamp. Tried a R&R but, time was getting late for the long ride through traffic to beat the heaviest flow. Left the lamp dead and went without.

Lot of people thought it was an Authority bike and got out of my way.

Motorport pants felt pretty good. Little sacrum pain from the armor.

Got home, fixed it and now ready for Denver and the Rockies.

Edited by Danny Noonan

I finished installing an Eastern Beaver wiring harness and fuse block (PC-8). That's all wired up in the little tray under the rider's seat on my 12GSA. It actually looks pretty good.

To that I hooked up my Zumo and the Bags Connection wired Quick-disconnect tank ring (for electrifying my tank bag). Those are both on the non-switched circuits.

Eventually, I'll get some additional lights and wire them up on switched circuits.

Slow afternoon at work, so I decided to check the tire air pressure in preparation for a ride on Sunday after I get the reconditioned and re-sprung Ohlins shocks installed.

Wouldn't you know it, the rear tire had no pressure at all, pumped it up and started to look for possible nails and I find this small shinny piece. Start digging it out with a pair of needle nose and it would not stop. Found a broken off drill bit jammed into the tire. Time to plug the tire.

photo.jpg

Edited by Bernie

Since my red F650GS will not be ready for my trip to the Great White North in a few weeks, I picked up a Yamaha Super Tenere for the trip. I was smitten with a silver, lowered R1200GS until I rode the Tenere.

I also rode the Tiger 800 Rodie (disliked), the G650GS (underpowered for my "needs"), the Triumph Explorer (torquey, real torquey, with a jerky throttle :eek: ) The Yammie was right in there with the GS: throttle not quite as smooth, but well controlled and without the premium price. I anticipate shaving the seat and perhaps adding a one inch lowering link to get my feet better purchase.

i-fTHGX6B-M.jpg

Farkles are on the way! :Cool:

Edited by Bullett
Brant Herbert

Took delivery -- owner, down in SE Arizona (Sierra Vista) wanted one last ride to deliver it -- of a low mileage, near mint condition, totally farkle-ized, 2009 R1200GS Adventure.

I own a special Thanks to Wurty, whose "What year GS has the least BS?" post gathered a reply linking to a few bikes on ADVrider, and, while those didn't link to this bike, I caught the "FS: 2009 BMW R1200GS Adv" post and couldn't believe what I saw. I jumped and became head of the queue of people wanting it. I took a 400 mile r/t ride to Sierra Vista the next day after work (last week) for a test ride and quickly committed to the purchase. It's in my garage as of this morning, anxiously waiting for license and insurance.

Can't wait to explore!!

2009 R1200GSA

Took delivery -- owner, down in SE Arizona (Sierra Vista) wanted one last ride to deliver it -- of a low mileage, near mint condition, totally farkle-ized, 2009 R1200GS Adventure.

I own a special Thanks to Wurty, whose "What year GS has the least BS?" post gathered a reply linking to a few bikes on ADVrider, and, while those didn't link to this bike, I caught the "FS: 2009 BMW R1200GS Adv" post and couldn't believe what I saw. I jumped and became head of the queue of people wanting it. I took a 400 mile r/t ride to Sierra Vista the next day after work (last week) for a test ride and quickly committed to the purchase. It's in my garage as of this morning, anxiously waiting for license and insurance.

Can't wait to explore!!

2009 R1200GSA

I will be the first one by your side to help you pick it back up.

:thumbsup:

Today, Saturday June 9th, I rode to San Pedro Harbor (next to Los Angeles Harbor) to witness one of the greatest battleships ever built, the USS Iowa BB61,

as she was being towed to a temporary berth for refurbishing in preparation to becoming a floating museum.

What an amazing sight. I feel proud to have witnessed the great ship actually moving one last time, EVER.:Wink:

I was 1 1/4 miles distant from my vantage point to where the USS Iowa was berthed.

BTW...the 2 Sheriff's cruisers did NOT chase me there. They were very nice to chat with.

7356252016_4855e03a73_b.jpg

DSC00909 by BerndM23, on Flickr

7171036669_1aa99db0d4_b.jpg

DSC00928 by BerndM23, on Flickr

7356250592_d7a5cf9bbc_b.jpg

DSC00937 by BerndM23, on Flickr

7356249894_fa4d7ee1f5_b.jpg

DSC00943 by BerndM23, on Flickr

Edited by BerndM
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Thursday: Folsom, CA to Park City, Utah. 678 Miles. Long, fairly pain free.

Friday: Park City, Utah to Denver, CO. Via US40 to 9 (silverthorne) and I70. 465 Miles. More than just a few moments standing on the pegs due to axx pain and stiffness. Lonely, dry road. I've never seen that much road kill evidence in the road, anywhere. Stopped for "speed" for the first time in more than 20 years. No award.

Today: Zero miles sitting in a conference.

Tomorrow: With my very old friend, Mt. Evans and Pikes Peak (If my axx can handle it).

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Made it up to the top of Mt. Evans yesterday. Very cold and high. Someones dog blocked the way to the restrooms. It was eyeballing the wires for my heated gear.

IMG_2364.jpg

Made it down to Pikes Peak but, too tired and sore to ride up. Huge windy stretch after going over Guanella Pass on CO 285. My old friend Dave leading and leaning into it while calm enough to grab my camera.

IMG_2408.jpg

That's one of my favorite places (Mt. Evans) to visit. Thanks for taking me along. I think I fed that goats grandfather 20 years ago!! The best I could do for the bike today was take the bugs off the windshield.

Installed new bushings in side and center stand. Everything was dry and had signs of wear. Now the side stand has no extra movement just nice ans smooth. Spashed some paint on the stand while it was off.

Center stand bolts have a different head style with T40 torx instead of a 6mm allen. Made for a difficult install with exhaust so close. Bushings drove out with a 14mm socket, perfect for the job. Perhaps the new bolts will stop the breaking some of you have had.

Installed new C Bailey's screen and then tried to sit on bike.

Ok, not real comfortable yet. This new knee doesn't want to bend the right way yet.Also problem with foot able to work rear brake. 9 weeks since the new parts were installed. The PT people think it strange that I ask for specific exercises to make my foot fit a brake pedal on a motorcycle. :rofl: