IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Joe Frickin' Friday
SDC12597-XL.jpg

What's up with the "blisters" at the ends of the tread grooves? Are there divots like that when the tire is new?

What's up with the "blisters" at the ends of the tread grooves? Are there divots like that when the tire is new?

That is a PR3. Those are there from the factory

michelin_pilot_road_3.jpg

I rode on my new Touratech, Long Distance Comfort LOW seat. Well, I can nearly flatfoot my GSA now. When my somewhat shortened Wilbers come it, it'll be perfect for my short legs. The new LDC is more comfortable than stock at short distance.

Does that mean we no longer have to take turns pushing you off your center stand? :rofl:peepwall.gif

Precisely!

AdventurePoser

What did I do to or on my bike today?

I went outside and patted Bikeopotamus on the tank and said "Real soon, buddy...today is my last day of work, forever...."

Steve

I went outside and patted Bikeopotamus on the tank and said "Real soon, buddy...today is my last day of work, forever...."

Steve

When you get home, your wife will show you THE LIST.

------

Steve

Sounds like a man speaking from experience. :rofl:

AdventurePoser

I'll need a wife first. Mine announced she wasn't in love anymore and left. :cry: And my housemate isn't that talkative to give me directions:

IMG1834-L.jpg

Ride safely,

Steve in So Cal

AdventurePoser
I rode on my new Touratech, Long Distance Comfort LOW seat. Well, I can nearly flatfoot my GSA now. When my somewhat shortened Wilbers come it, it'll be perfect for my short legs. The new LDC is more comfortable than stock at short distance.

Does that mean we no longer have to take turns pushing you off your center stand? :rofl:peepwall.gif

Precisely!

What's with all you short people??? Didn't you eat your vegetables?? :rofl: Seriously, I almost could not get my Ohlins-equipped 02 GSA off the center stand without help, it was THAT tall!!

Steve in So Cal

Well, I'm 5-10. A bit under average height, I s'pose. My issue is short legs. Come on Wilbers!

I didn't have a problem with my RT on the center stand. I just scooted forward and it came down nice and smooth.

My GSA on the other hand wants to twist when I try to get the bike off the center stand while being on the bike. And it's wobbly when I get on the bike when it's on the center stand. So, now I just take it off the centerstand first. No biggie. Besides, I don't look like a failing banshee that way. :rofl:

Paul Mihalka

Just rode my bike home from my favorite dealer (where I work :grin: ) with it's new to me ebay gear box. Everything A-OK!

Just rode my bike home from my favorite dealer (where I work :grin: ) with it's new to me ebay gear box. Everything A-OK!

awesome......thats good to hear :thumbsup:

I'll need a wife first. Mine announced she wasn't in love anymore and left. :cry: And my housemate isn't that talkative to give me directions:

IMG1834-L.jpg

Ride safely,

Steve in So Cal

My dog was always a better conversationalist, and was always a hell of a lot happier to see me when I got home!

Including the new to you front brake caliper with the scratch on it?

Paul Mihalka

Including the new to you front brake caliper with the scratch on it?

No. The shop installed a new caliper on the affected bike. The question to use mine only came up as a short term solution if new was not available.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Took yesterday morning off to take myself out for breakfast in Colfax. Got to give TJs Roadhouse a +1. Those nice large coffee cups are going to come in handy come fall and winter. Up to grass valley to drop a peg off a Ilium works, casual run back home and in to work before lunch.

Really, really liking the 12RT.

Re: What you did on or to your bike today.

Nothing, but there were 666 posts on this thread and I just had to fix that.... :eek::D

Nothing, but there were 666 posts on this thread and I just had to fix that.... :eek::D

Superstitious much? Hi Kathy! :)

Superstitious much? Hi Kathy! :)

Chalk it up to trauma at the drive-in about 1973 :eek:

i-Fv5QqjD-L.jpg

terryofperry

Took my son to a friends house to spend the night. 106 degrees, 118 heat index. I block all his airflow so I am sure he was hot but no complaints over the com system and only a 20 mile ride.

Stay cool out there.

Terry

Don Beissel

Went to Home Depot to get the supplies to fix 4 projects. New bathtub stopper for hall bath, new faucet for the wife's side of the double vanity, a new wood floor vent to replace the one the ex-wife broke years ago and I had to wait for a new Home Depot to rebuild after our tornado, and a new halogen bulb for the pool area light.

Love the saddle bags on the R1100RT!

Ordered HELD Titan gloves. If you see black and white gloves waving it might be me.

Getting back to two wheels one (human) farkle at a time :)

Don Beissel

The other day I ordered a new helmet with a built in sun visor. The sunglasses hurt my head in the helmet.

Took the gas tank off my '07 R12RT to fix:

the gas leak from the plastic pump,

figure why the ABS unit illuminates the "Brake Failure" indicator,

figure out why the ESA preload stopped working.

When it rains it pours :cry:

Edited by TeSmSp

Finally escaped Debby to western NC:

BRP-June-2012-004-M.jpg

BRP was gorgeous:

BRP-June-2012-017-M.jpg

Saw 108 in SC on the way home. Was my first long ride since the end of last year and was a good one.

Bill

Matts_12GS

Good to see you back out there Bill!

It'll be another month or so till I can ride again so get out there and make me jealous.

AdventurePoser

Paul and Bill, absolutely gorgeous photos. Cannot wait to go East to ride the BRP and NC.

The time, camping and taking my time in late September and October....

Steve in So Cal

AdventurePoser

What did I do to the GSA today? Hmmm...went outside and thought, "Jeez, there sure are a lotta bugs on this thing." Then I went back inside.

Steve in So Cal

Went for an early(to beat the heat) 200 mile July 4th ride with friends. We rode west out of Sacramento over to Winters and then north through Esparto, up Hwy16 to Hwy20 and east to Williams for a lunch stop. We connected with Hwy45 in Colusa and headed home through Knights Landing to Woodland and home.

Not the RT, although I had to move it, but I finally got the RMX running yesterday. I'll admit that I had lost interest for quite some time. But I got a bug the other day, & since I finally took a holiday off, I was determined. Turns out it is just way too lean. Won't start cold without starter fluid, & I had to chase it with the choke every minute or so to keep it running. I have some re-jetting to do, but even so I ran it up & down the street for about ten minutes. I'm stoked!

I completed a home-made trunk for my Rebel 250 today using a $25 Husky tool box from Home Depot. It is now a more practical urban shopping bike.

IMG_06241.jpg

cris nitro

I installed a RAM mount on my 1150 with the ball/bolt that replaces one of the handlebar bolts. Got a cradle for my Garmin NUVI and one for my Iphone. Awesome set up. Does not vibrate or move around and can be adjusted with one hand while on the fly. Also bought a u-bolt mount for my V-strom so I can switch the devices from one bike to the other in seconds. Great system.

Also, installed adjustible lowering links on my V strom which allows adjusting the rear height from 0 to -4". Nice!

Don Beissel

Valve job

New spark plugs

Oil change

Oil filter change

Gearbox fluid change

Final drive fluid change

Test ride without surge

$84. What would a dealer charge?

$84. What would a dealer charge?

Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 :P

I needed to go to the bank this morning, so I took the long way. Nice 150 miles round trip. Tried out my new gloves (Held Sambia) and really like them. Its the first pair of warm weather vented gloves I've owned that I actually really like.

On another note......93 degrees out by 10am, ooph its gonna be a hot one.

Paul Mihalka

Rode to work and back. Nice ride in the morning, 6.30 to 9. Ride back HOT but only 1/2 hour.

terryofperry

Put in a route to FDR's Little Whitehouse but GPS Jill decided I needed some off road stuff. Spent the next 2 hours riding around on it.

Almost put it down here, slick red clay:

P1000692-Copy800x600.jpg

And here:

P1000683-Copy800x600.jpg

Terry

Mounted a new set of tires and topped of the oil, also waxed the plastic. All in preparation for departure to the BMW-MOA and UnRally's next Sunday. Wonder where I stored my tent? :S

Went up to Fort Collins and got some new PR3s put on the bike. All set for the UN rally now!

On the way back home, we gave the rain gear another good test. We holed up in a pizza shop while the worst of the lightning and winds went by, then finished the ride in the rain. It was actually kind of nice - cool for a change, and the rain seemed to have washed away the smoke that has been hanging in the air.

Went back in to remove a rear tranny seal that I did a few weeks ago and never set. Put about 850 miles on the bike since then till now with 5/8 of Lucas gear oil still in sight of the fill plug. Replaced it with a mm higher Harwal nitrile Shaft seal. For what ever reason the BMW seal failed and will never know why. I have replaced many seals before and this sometimes happens inspite of every thing looking good and a job well done. Hoping that the lucas Clinging oil holds up to everything they say it does.

High Cotton

Hello Terry, that GA red clay is some slick stuff when wet. Great pics! Brings back "good" memories - thanks!!

terryofperry

Hey Tommy looks like the trip is going well. Yes it is slick and doubt I could pick up the big pig.

Today I decided to ride some miles and see some of Georgia's covered bridges.

P1000717.jpg

This one is still operational, so I rode through.

P1000720.jpg

This one is chained off.

P1000706.jpg

I plan to eventually find all of them.

Terry

Turned a leftover sheet of clear adhesive backed vinyl I had sitting around into a headlight protector for the GS. It was definitely sitting around too long because the adhesive kept wanting to stick to the paper backing instead of the vinyl. It turned out better than I had expected and I'm thrilled that I don't have to drop extra coin on an aftermarket one before heading West for the UN.

Turned a leftover sheet of clear adhesive backed vinyl I had sitting around into a headlight protector for the GS. It was definitely sitting around too long because the adhesive kept wanting to stick to the paper backing instead of the vinyl. It turned out better than I had expected and I'm thrilled that I don't have to drop extra coin on an aftermarket one before heading West for the UN.

yup...cheapest thing on a BMW...THE RIDER!

Lone_RT_rider
It turned out better than I had expected and I'm thrilled that I don't have to drop extra coin on an aftermarket one before heading West for the UN.

There's an UN this year? :grin: