IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Took a vacation day to get a seat built by Rick Mayer. About 3 hrs each way.

Already hot, 99, at 1100 when I started back home. Temps never less than 96 coming home max'd out at 103. I never really got uncomfortable due to the cooling vest and Geiggerig spray on the neck, legs, arms etc.

Washed the bike and my riding gear during a 60 mile errand running ride. Traveling away from home, the rain would slack off; every time I started back, it increased. Think the gods were telling me something.

-----

New Wilbers installed today and, after 100 miles of straffing every pothole and bump I could fine, I'm a happy camper.

Bill

Paul In Australia

Order Suburban rider foot pegs for the RT today. The old knees just aren't what they used to be. Hope they work as well as I have heard they do.

regards

paul

Danny caddyshack Noonan
And you already have the gloves. All you need is a bike... wave

Definitely. Unless you're going to use my line of "I don't ride a motorcycle doc, you can't be too safe walking across the parking lot from your car".

Well, maybe Kathy could be like my aunt. My aunt got ahold of a crash helmet in the late 50's. My uncle was on a job in Oakland, and so my aunt used to drive between Oakland and Los Angeles with the crash helmet on.

She was stopped by the police more than once, she said. She just told them "well, officer, I just feel more safe with it on."

We were surprised the police didn't confiscate it or something. Maybe they did, as, after a while I never saw it again, or heard any more of it.

I know she bragged about having the world's fastest time between Oakland and Los Angeles.

dc

Mrs. Caddis

I took the tupperwear off (and back on) so Kevin could replace the plastic quick disconnects with metal ones. Then I was tool helper on final drive oil change, engine oil change and gear oil change. Rode a bit around Boulder and stopped for frozen yogurt.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

600 mi service then to San Jose and back on slab for my Nephew's birthday. Felt incredibly exposed and vulnerable riding around on the surface streets while there. Never felt that way living there with one exception that I shouldn't go into. Funny what driving styles and traffic load do to ones perception.

Except for seemingly everyone in the fast lane thinking it's a CHPy bike, I really like the 12RT.

Pulled my transmission today, splines show no wear but they were dry. A light coat of Honda Moly 60 and bolted it back together. Now it's on to replacing brake and clutch lines and installing the new 30 mm lower shocks.

"installing the new 30 mm lower shocks"

What are you doing with the stands?

I have a spare center stand I will have cut down. I guess I will have the side stand shortened if necessary. Any advice is welcome.

Changed rear drive and tranny fluids, new air filter & plugs. Checked the rear pivot bushings and crown bearing/seal. TB sync.

Ready to head south in a day or two. Just gotta work on a few non-bike related things tomorrow, get some routes down and pack up.

Mike Cassidy

Hooked the battery back up on the RT and set the clock. :Cool:

Took the windshield off the Super Tenere then cleaned and polished and reinstalled it.

Yesterday morning I rode out to Chatsworth and back. There is a nightmare commute for you, if there is one.

But oddly enough, I made it in one piece, and made it back alive.

Traffic was somewhat light. I only had to pass about 20,000 cars from the carpool lane, and lane splitting, maybe 5,000 cars.

dc

Finished getting the bike ready for my trip to the UN. Synced the throttle bodies, changed the oil, and installed a new XPEL adhesive backed headlight protector.

All is well, and I'm ready to roll. Come on Friday!

Put the panniers on the bike this morning, than went to work expecting to start loading the bike for take off to the UN when I got home..........

LeeAnne (my housekeeper) met me before I got into the house and started up about the shambles the house was in.

She hung up and put away all my gear that I had in piles around the house :rofl:

Computerbob

Bought a new Sargent seat so I can begin to spend more time in the saddle without cussing at those tiny bumps in the road. Also, bought a 140db air horn that I'll be mounting this weekend. I'm tired of hitting the horn and sounding like a 50cc scooter.

lawnchairboy

Tough ride, the view is well worth it. Coming off the 550 entrance and up was the hardest ride I have personally accomplished off road.

Of course, the snuggie made it.

UN2012-080-L.jpg

roadscholar

Wasn't it just yesterday morning I asked you NOT to ride up there by yourself? What is that blue thing, your cape? :)

Hey congrats dude, no piece of cake that. :thumbsup:

lawnchairboy

Bill:

met two gentlemen from Arkansas, rode together all day, complete with spot locator. Had to ride with someone since Eddd had the poor taste to break his femur.

get well eddd

by the way, my facial expression says "who turned off the oxygen"

Edited by lawnchairboy
Paul In Australia

Fitted the new Surburban footpegs lowering kit

Fitted two new PR3,,s

Washed the bike

Topped up the oil( not much required)

Packed

All ready now for a early morning start on a 4 day ride around the hills in north NSW

Looking forward to it.weather is cool and fine

Regards

Paul

Adjusted the valves, changed fluids, synced TB, and then went for a small ride of 40 miles. First real ride since October 2011. (if you consider 40 miles a real ride)

The knee injury and subsequent surgeries has definitely limited my riding. It felt good to get out again though.

Now I need to start planning a weekend away as I have truly missed being on the bike.

lawnchairboy

It is difficult to relate the degree of "verticalness" on some sections of this pass ride. Went from Ouray to Telluride. Unbelievable ride. Will not forget it. The mighty DR is a great little moto.

UN2012-132-L.jpg

Ordered some new footpegs and loaned it to a friend to exercise it while I recover. I am not responsible for the soon to come sale of his 1100RSL

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Installed a J&M Audio system onto the new 12RT to avoid the Schuberth/Cardo option. Not a Cardo fan anymore.

Works great. Going to get on the bike and go.....um, nowhere. Going to be too hot to have fun and have chores to do.

Back to the honeydo list.

Had a new rear tire installed at Basin Motor Works in Mancos, CO. Then rode into Mesa Verde NP for some sightseeing.

Two hours of thunder & lightning was a great cap on the day. Glad I'm in a motel tonight :eek:

Edited by Krakken

Had a nice ride up to the Sierras. East bound over Ebbets pass and then back west bound over the Sonora pass with little dirt riding mixed in at the mountains.

Met some nice people and checked out few camp grounds for future reference.

__

Mikko

Carried out the 96,000 mile service and then used the bike as a prop for a photograph of my Sister-in-law.

IMG1989-XL.jpg

This gets me 50 bonus points for the 2012 Round Britain Rally and is, uniquely, the only 'landmark' that we have ever been allowed to publish during the running of the rally.

Talking of running - here is Marion doing her stuff in Coventry on July 1st.

Marion-and-Torch-2-XL.jpg

Andy

Paul Mihalka

Gone ridin'... Nice mixture of roads Western Maryland/West Virginia/Virginia. Highest temp was 84 for a change! Lovely... Sorry, no pics...

Paul In Australia

Hi Paul

Got to say washing is not my favorite thing.

The ride was fabulous even though it was cold and drizzled with rain for a fair bit of it. That just meant less traffic and with new tyres the bike certainly got a great work out. Just for the record it once again performed without fault. That is BMW with NO issues.

Once again the Oxley highway was just pure fun. Alfredo lives down there but I

Only saw one other bike on the road that day.

Best regards

PCH

Hey Paul

Did you hit my favorite road??? :grin:

It's in a bit of a state with all that rain lately.

Did you drop in at Ginger's Creek? Or kept going all the way to Walcha and then what Tamworth/Armidale?

During the winter, this is more a weekend day run for us. We usually head up at about 11:00AM from Wauchope and have brunch up at Ginger's Creek. Then back to Long Flat pub where we have a beer and everybody checks that all their body parts are still attached, before heading home. We are planning a long weekend ride in the next couple of months as my brother in law has a new ZX14R, which he calls his "sport tourer". Gives you an idea in which category he fits into.

Ginger Creek run requires learning due to it's sharp blind corners and hidden road repair patches.

But it's the right place to ring your bike's neck and find out what it is capable of.

Paul In Australia

Hi Alfredo

Yes the Oxley got me again on Sunday. Drizzle the whole way and cold on the top but oh so much fun still. Missed Gingers this time but had lunch at Walcha cafe. Very good steak sandwich.

Rt performed flawlessly as always. New PR3 fitted on Friday. Not sure I like them as much as the Angle ST, but early days yet

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

Great weather predicted for this weekend.

Funny what you mentioned about the tires.

Mine came originally with Angels when I purchased it 2nd hand, but the rear tire was squared off and the bike used to slide if you touched the center line.

Now with PR3's, it's solid as a rock.

Lone_RT_rider
Now with PR3's, it's solid as a rock.

If only they stayed that way through their entire life cycle. :cry:

Speaking of which, I put 140 miles on a fresh set of PR3's yesterday. The bad part of that? I put them on almost a month ago. lol.

Shawn