IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Speaking of which, I put 140 miles on a fresh set of PR3's yesterday. The bad part of that? I put them on almost a month ago. lol.

Shawn

Slacker. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider

Speaking of which, I put 140 miles on a fresh set of PR3's yesterday. The bad part of that? I put them on almost a month ago. lol.

Shawn

Slacker. :grin:

Says the man who can't seem to stay anywhere but the probably inn..... :)

Rode up Pikes Peak, got soaked in two T-storms, and was hit by a deer. I stayed upright and unhurt, but the GT suffered a little damage. Still rideable and am continuing north to Yellowstone & Glacier NP's. The doe is a buzzard buffet.

Rode up Pikes Peak, got soaked in two T-storms, and was hit by a deer. I stayed upright and unhurt, but the GT suffered a little damage. Still rideable and am continuing north to Yellowstone & Glacier NP's. The doe is a buzzard buffet.

Damn, glad you're all right. Stay safe!!

After a crazy day at work, it was great to just ride through the NC mountains for a few hours this evening. Cloudy with a great breeze. I have to say I am becoming addicted to riding. :-)

Moved the polesaw from in front of the GT.

With the hopes of throwing a leg over it soon????? Or are you still down in out in recovery land?

Every other Sunday in the Summer the local car and bike folk get together for coffee or a little run. Yesterday we took a ride over to Breckenridge for lunch.

The meeting in Vail:

120805090012-L.jpg

120805090044-L.jpg

The 280Z has a chevy V8 in it:

120805090048-L.jpg

120805090059-L.jpg

120805090115-L.jpg

120805090147-L.jpg

The only 2 bikes that showed up today:

120805090334-L.jpg

120805100547-L.jpg

Computerbob

Rode to Tampa and back (live in Jacksonville, 4 hours away) on Matt's 1200gs the other day. Nice bike... I might never return it to him :).

Also, added a Stebel Nautilus 148db horn to my 1100rs this weekend. Got tired of hitting the button and sounding like a 50cc scooter. I was 'testing' it out on a ride with my wife Saturday. She responded, "I can't wait until you get tired of testing that thing, you f***er!"

Was able to get off work early and took 4 hour drive up through the mountains of NC. I was able to avoid all the rain until I decided to head home. About 15 minutes from home, the bottom fell out of the sky. I guess I need to invest in weatherproof pants.

6033.jpg.d6b5de9099a3bea0626845332dee9bc4.jpg

Yesterday I did my annual ride to the Maine coast (Searsport) for a fried clam lunch. 282 miles out and 265 back. Temperatures ranged from 54 to 84. Clams were excellent!

547 for clams, no no no, BBQ maybe! :grin: Bikes are trapped in the garage for a day or two because of a newly paved driveway. Guess I should finish up some painting I have to do. :(

Pat

Rode for breakfast:

Breakfast-Ride-005-M.jpg

Down this road:

Breakfast-Ride-001-M.jpg

Which looks like this in the morning:

Breakfast-Ride-004-M.jpg

Note the squiggly road sign. Two of the best curves in North Fl.

First ride since Salida and first one in a long time that was just a joy.

Bill

I just rode to work and back on Matt's 1200gs today. I think maybe I shouldn't get a GS because when I got to the work parking lot, it took every bit of willpower I had to actually turn in rather than just keep on going. That thing is just too darned fun! I may end up using up all my sick days if I had one of those things!

Also, Bill ("Highway41"), thanks for the link in your signature. I just spent an hour combing through your pictures and ended up watching every video you had of the "Chasing Bernie" series. I remember barely keeping up with him on a ride through GA. Those videos are awesome.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Nothing. And, nothing for the next week while enjoying Kauai. Trying to work up the courage for a ride in a fiber/epoxy box with 1000 parts rotating about one drop of grease.

Unpacked my Wibers ESA shocks. Soon my bike will be all set up for us. Now if only my Pivot Pegz would come in!

Now if work would cooperate, I might get to actually ride sometime this summer!

Edited by TyTass

Bumped into lawnchairboy at Adventure BMW. We rode to Chris' former colleague's restaurant. Had a nice lunch.

Rode around a bit with my new Wilber ESA shocks. Now, between the .5 in shorter shocks (Std GS height) and my lowered Touratech seat, I'm now flat-footed on most settings (even tho 1-up).

Short legs overcome!

Bumped into lawnchairboy at Adventure BMW. We rode to Chris' former colleague's restaurant. Had a nice lunch.

Rode around a bit with my new Wilber ESA shocks. Now, between the .5 in shorter shocks (Std GS height) and my lowered Touratech seat, I'm now flat-footed on most settings (even tho 1-up).

Short legs overcome!

Well there goes all the fun for the rest of us watching you "tiptoe" and do the rock and shake off the center stand.

Short legs overcome!

No more spikey heel platform shoes? What will you use that closet for now?

-----

Short legs overcome!

No more spikey heel platform shoes? What will you use that closet for now?

Why ... spikey heel platform shoes, that's what! ;)

Short window of opportunity in the rain and cold we've been having, so I grabbed the bike and managed a good 100 km of back roads just out of the urban area, riding solo.

Then the bad weather set in again with a vengeance, so I spent the late afternoon cleaning my poor neglected rifles. For things that get fired so infrequently these days :cry:, they sure do manage to get dirty. Mounted the Lenser light my brother gave me on the Anschutz (.22) and when it got dark probably had some of the neighbours wondering what the bright light was ... :grin:

Been really crap weather all weekend, so I had to call off a demo ride, organized by BMW. I had a 2012 R1200RT booked...oh well.

On the up side, my Zumo660 has arrived.

After programming it to the latest firmware/Map version, I installed a few MP3 songs, paired it to my iPhone and paired it to my Scala Q4.

Not wanting to do a quick and dirty install I decided to do it this time properly.

So the decision was made to take the whole front fairing off.

Surprising how easy and quick it is. The 1200RT is far more maintenance friendly then the 1150RT was, when it comes to the fairing.

Anyway, should have it done by the middle of the week as tomorrow is the start of the working week.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Just got back last night from another awesome weekend of riding in Wisconsin. Ride tale to follow shortly. stay tuned...

:lurk:

Lone_RT_rider
Just got back last night from another awesome weekend of riding in Wisconsin. Ride tale to follow shortly. stay tuned...

About time you got out! I think you and I are having a competition as of late for who can put the least amount of miles on our bikes. Sad part is, I think I am now winning. :(

Shawn

Per usual rode to work today. Realized that I've got a turn signal bulb out and my back brake sucks. Just ordered new rear pads from Beemerboneyard. Now headed to the parking lot to see what bulb I need so I can stop waiving my arm around for signaling a left turn.

File this under "I'll ride any chance I get".

Tomorrow is a primary election here in FL (please don't ban me for politics!!!) and I'm working it. I will be riding the same 4 mile stretch of in-town US 41 over and over. But at least I'll be on the bike. :clap::grin:

Edited by Fubar

How sweeeet it is :grin:

My last ride was the fall BRR. Winter,closing my business and retiring, preop tests for my knee replacement, the actual operation and following complications resulted in no riding for 10 months :cry:

Yesterday I finally was able to get my leg over the saddle and go for a short 60 mile ride. :clap: The weather was perfect and the bike ran so good. All the fixin I did while I was unable to ride came together and I am so happy to be" back in the saddle again."

For a time I though maybe it was time to stop riding but now I sure that with a little more Pain & Torture it will all work out.

Looking forward to the FART and if the weather is good and since I'm retired I plan a little longer ride down. :thumbsup:

Paul Mihalka

My last ride was the fall BRR. Winter,closing my business and retiring, preop tests for my knee replacement, the actual operation and following complications resulted in no riding for 10 months :cry:

Yesterday I finally was able to get my leg over the saddle and go for a short 60 mile ride. :clap: The weather was perfect and the bike ran so good. All the fixin I did while I was unable to ride came together and I am so happy to be" back in the saddle again."

For a time I though maybe it was time to stop riding but now I sure that with a little more Pain & Torture it will all work out.

Looking forward to the FART and if the weather is good and since I'm retired I plan a little longer ride down. :thumbsup:

Wonderful!!! See you there! :clap::thumbsup::wave:

Zoom zoom zoom....

that is wonderful.

:clap:

Will have to finish putting the bike back together tomorrow as it got too late today, since my new Schuberth C3 helmet arrived with the SRC intercom.

Spend most of the evening to install the intercom into the helmet and paired it to the Zumo.

Tested MP3 music from the Zumo ...true stereo sound now via A2DP :grin:

Lone_RT_rider

I rode into work and remembered that I still have not changed the throttle cable like I wanted to. Maybe this weekend. lol

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider

tick...tick....tick.... :lurk:

Nice n Easy Rider
I rode into work and remembered that I still have not changed the throttle cable like I wanted to. Maybe this weekend. lol

Shawn

So Shawn, how do you tell the difference between a throttle stuck wide open and your normal ride? :D

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

So Shawn, how do you tell the difference between a throttle stuck wide open and your normal ride? :D

Instead of kissing the mirrors, I bite them!

Joe Frickin' Friday

tick...tick....tick.... :lurk:

Hey, I'm pretty busy on this end! My car crapped out; getting towed home pretty much ate up Monday night, and I was pulling parts last night, and I'll be installing parts tonight. I did manage to get my pics post-processed and uploaded, though, so that's a start:

2012-08-dances-with-cows-too-036-L.jpg

On the plus side, I rode in to work today. :grin:

Edited by Joe Frickin' Friday
Paul In Australia

Maybe a dumb question but does that meet AUS standards because my helmet got checked for that down your way

Regards

Paul

Rode to dinner on Matt's 1200gs with the wife on her Boulevard. Can't get much better than that. I have to return Matt's bike to him tomorrow. I'm not real happy about it, but I'm sure he's ready to get back in the saddle soon.

I'll be putting my 1100rs up for sale soon and start my search for a GS replacement.

Changed my first motorcycle tire yesterday. I am ridiculously pleased with myself! :clap:

We're leaving for a 3 day trip to Dorset, VT and some riding around there and the Lake George area tomorrow.

Edited by mikeR1100R