IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Went and picked up my wife from work at 20:00PM

That gave me a chance to test my new Zumo660 and my Schuberth C3 helmet with the SRC system.

The helmet is brilliant but tight. Despite that, I didn't have the front pressure point as others have complaint about (Imust have got the typical "German" head shape).

Music worked brilliant, but I had multiple calls coming in. They showed up on the Zumo660 with proper Caller ID but I couldn't hear them, but they could hear me as confirmed later by them.

So that's something that I have to sort out yet.

The pinlock and airflow work excellent, better then my old helmet.

Edited by Alfred02

First go at this so....

Went down the coast to meet up with some friends who have his and hers Harleys, a mate of his came along on his Harley, and then another and another, all up 10 Harleys and me the token other breed (R1150RT). Down the coast we went to a pub by the water just beautiful..... the meal, its a pay for your meal take the number then come and get it when its ready affair, so after a while the lady behind the counter comes out, finds me,asks if I am having the pasta " yes, yes I am" takes my number and says " Wait there I 'll go and get it for you" and so she does...to my amazement, not to mention my new Harley riding mates. Could not wipe the smile off my face on the way home. A great Winters ride.

Another run to Gingers Creek.

Found the ultimate setup.

1) No Panniers or top box

2) Bike set to 1 rider and lugagge

3) Sport mode

4) PR3's with less then a 1000km's on them

Next weekend we have a little trip planned with a group of 6 to Grafton and stay at Uralla overnight. So a big loop.

Should be fun...

Rode to dinner on Matt's 1200gs with the wife on her Boulevard. Can't get much better than that. I have to return Matt's bike to him tomorrow. I'm not real happy about it, but I'm sure he's ready to get back in the saddle soon.

I'll be putting my 1100rs up for sale soon and start my search for a GS replacement.

Yep, and it's much appreciated. I even did a short ride in my boot today, end of the driveway into the garage....

I'm baaaack!! :rofl:

I even did a short ride in my boot today, end of the driveway into the garage....

I'm not responsible if Ashley catches you on that bike before you're supposed to be!

I even did a short ride in my boot today, end of the driveway into the garage....

I'm not responsible if Ashley catches you on that bike before you're supposed to be!

I promise to confirm that you had no knowledge, right before I push you under the bus....

Paul Mihalka

Gone ridin'... Forecast was for a beautiful cool sunny day. Went toward Virginia/West Virginia. Riding almost 3 hours to breakfast was great. Shortly after that I headed home... saw the clouds and got soaked three times.

We took the RTs out on a quick canyon run. Left Hand Canyon, Peak to Peak Hwy and down Golden Gate Canyon. The bikes had been neglected with all the house moving stuff. Next weekend will be rough with the USA Pro Challenge bicycle race and company in town.

First go at this so....

A great Winters ride.

Welcome to the board. It would be great if you would fill out your profile so that we know where you live. But between your screen name and the reference to a winter ride, is it safe to assume that you are somewhere in Australia?

I planned out a great ride north out of Jacksonville into GA looping around the Okefenokee park. Then just about when we were going to leave, I decided to check the weather and saw that it was a 95% chance of nasty thunderstorms up there right about the same time we were going to get there.

So we decided to head south instead through Palatka into the Ocala National Forrest. Guess what happened! We got friggin' soaked. There was only a 20% chance of rain down there, and I guess we got all 100% of that 20%! 262 miles and maybe 60 of it was dry roads.

Still, it was nice riding on my bike with my wife on hers near me. Even a bad day on 2 wheels is better than a good day on 4.

Yesterday. Did a Patriot Guard run for a fallen Sailor in Weatheford. HM3 Beauchamp.

Then rode to Wichita Falls about 90 miles in some of the worst rain and wind I've ever been in and I've ridden though a lot of tha crap. My Frog Togg bottoms failed and allowed watter though. I use the rain liner in my Scorpion Master Mesh jacket and it held the rain back just fine.

Hung out for a few hours then rode 100 miles back to Saginaw barely missing most of the rain and wind the whole way back.

This morning rode to work qualed on the pistol then rode home. Decided to take the cage in when the time to go to real work came around. It's been sitting a lot and I decided it needed to be ran even if it's only to work.

Edited by Downs

Rode the 1 from point reyes station to shelter cove. The 101 at the end cuz you have to! Sitting watching the waves slam ashore. I love the pacific ocean.

Rode the 128 and 20 today thru the redwoods. Temps started at 50 and went up to 72 along the coast. One more day for norcal than starting south on the 1.

Sure wish your camera had batteries Marty! :grin: Spent a little time on the GT after a lot of miles on the GS. Silly smooth! :thumbsup:

Pat

Pat, the crazy thing is fog covered the ocean all day/never saw it. both roads were very dark due to redwoods and other trees blocking out the sun. My silly little camera would not do well. I took some of the ocean yesterday from my room in shelter cove. My daughter laughed and asked me what the pics were of. Saw lots of seals on the rocks but again too much fog.

Did I send you my euro pics?

Got out for a longer ride today. 150 miles. The bike works perfectly but not sure if the new B to B works, I was alone. The new C Bailey's is awsome.

The knee is getting there, still some pain as the miles increased but better than before. More therapy ouch!!

Paul Mihalka

Good day. Starting to prep for the big September ride. Took care of tires. I have two sets of wheels. I already had a new Anakee 2 on the spare but that will go on the bike the day before I leave. I hope it makes the whole trip. So I mounted a new front (ME880 100/90-19) and a Shinko 705 rear to make it to 9/15. Balanced them all. Some checking and adjustments.

Then went riding to dinner meeting a few of the local BMW club friends. As I said, a good day.

Guest Kakugo

Had a 200 miles ride in "unfavorable" conditions around the local mountains. Traffic, heat, a thunderstorm...

Personally I tend to avoid riding locally between the second half of June and late August/early September (way too much traffic) but as a friend was coming from far away to visit I could not turn him down.

Cooling vest was a Godsend while riding back, as was the Dryarn undersuit. I get more than a curious stare while wearing that vest: they are pretty much unknown here.

And as I was riding the Honda I found out my brilliant idea of lubing the chain using industrial spinning parts grease was a bad call: my shiny rear wheel now looks like the scene of an oil spill.

It was good but never again: I can take the heat but such heavy traffic takes all the joy out of riding.

I finally installed the HID kit for my low beam that I've had sitting around for two weeks. I still need to adjust the reflector, and I just fired it down across the yard, but WOW I forgot how much better HID's are.

I had blown 3 low beam halogen bulbs in the past 14 months. The last one happened on the ride home from the UN, right as the sun was going down. Forget trying to find a convenient place to find a H7 bulb at 9:00pm on a Saturday night. That was my breaking point. The HID kit in my RT lasted for over 10 years and 100+ miles. Hoping I get the same type of performance and durability from this setup.

So excited that I might even ride to work tomorrow........maybe

Rode about 100 miles on the 1 and spending the night in half moon bay. Hi temp today was 68....brrrr. South tomorrow where it should get warmer. :thumbsup:

Fixed the RS today. I noticed on the ride through the Ocala forest that I was having to steer right all day long to keep it going straight. It wasn't a heavy push, but enough that my shoulders were killing me by the end of the day. I thought at first it had something to do with the rear tire that Matt and I had just changed.

I took the wheel off today, checked to make sure we didn't forget the spacer, and retorqued the bolts, but that didn't fix it. Then I called Matt and he asked me what else I had done recently. The only other things I had done was added a new horn and replaced the rear part of the front fender. He told me to loosen the front axle and tension bolts and recenter the front tire and tighten it all back down to spec.

Did that and took it for a ride and BOOM! Everything is golden again. THANKS MATT!

Now I have to go figure out what's wrong with the electrics on the '65 /2. Right blinker shorts out everything and the horn beeps every time I hit a bump.

Did a loop around the Okefenokee swamp today. Discovered my steering problem isn't as gone as I thought. Ugh!

Still had a great time with my wife riding behind me on her Boulevard C50. Low 80's all day long, it was beautiful.

*edited for clarity

6046.jpg.43da3114e61298b9ac738d4cbe65fe06.jpg

Edited by Computerbob
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Put a bit more than 400 miles on the new RT yesterday going to Mono Lake for lunch at WND (not impressed this time). Stopped at Mono Village at Twin Lakes and back home.

What a smooth, powerful, bike. Saw lots of other BMWs on the road.

Wife (now) thinks she needs a seat mod. We only did a re-cover when I had mine done. Oh well.

Still have a bit of work to get the J&M headsets to talk to each other.

And, into the office on a Sunday to work.

Edited by Danny Noonan

Loaded the muzzleloader on the RT and rode the looong way to a shoot. Perfect weather, perfect ride, imperfect score. Just a couple of my favorite pastimes combined.

Fixed the electrical problem on my '65 /2 today. I found a loose wire inside the headlight can that I eventually figured out was the ground wire for the horn. Apparently, it's not supposed to be able to freely swing around willy-nilly wherever it wants to inside there and eventually land on the right blinker wire causing that to ground out anytime I use the blinker. It took me a little while to figure out where that wire was supposed to go, but eventually got the blinker and the horn working. Now all I have to do is replace all the blown bulbs.

Meanwhile, my wife was changing the oil and filter on her Boulevard. She did the entire thing herself and only needed my help when it came to understanding how to use the torque wrench. She's come a long way from being the typical passenger. I'm so proud of her.

Meanwhile, my wife was changing the oil and filter on her Boulevard. She did the entire thing herself and only needed my help when it came to understanding how to use the torque wrench. She's come a long way from being the typical passenger. I'm so proud of her.

You indeed should be proud of her. Your a lucky man!

Fitted a new lamda sensor to the K1200rs and did a TPS reset, What a difference. Bike is responsive again and i'd forgotton how quick it could be,

Bike had been running very rich and fuel economy had gone down by 20%. There was a delay in opening the throttle to actual acceleration.

Thanks to this forum managed to obtain a sensor at around 1/2 the price quoted by our local BMW dealer

Lone_RT_rider

After a quick workout at home, I fire up the bike and headed towards the mountains. I made the bread run up Ceasers Head. Here are a few pics from the run. :)

SDC12610-XL.jpg

SDC12614-XL.jpg

SDC12616-XL.jpg

SDC12623-XL.jpg

SDC12631-XL.jpg

SDC12632-XL.jpg

This was a test and only a test.

Made 275 miles today in clear 85 degree weather. Went to Iowa and back and I don't know why. :dopeslap:

Illinois is so boring. Just flat straight roads.

Oh the test. All gear seems to work fine except the zomo that just shut off once as I was riding along. Pushed the "on" button and all was good the rest of the way home.

The new knee started to hurt toward the end but I figure more and longer rides will help that :thumbsup:. My new Kontour seat is on the way back so we shall see if that helps too.

Note to self, get more mesh gear. :D

The only good thing this drought has done here is the lack of big juicy bugs. My shield was perfectly clean.

Saw 3 LEO's doing business on old Rt 30. It's so flat out there I had beeps 4 miles away on the V1. Glad I has one.

Rode from Hannibal, MO to O'Fallon, IL yesterday (about 300 miles round trip supposedly). Rode the great river road thru Illinois heading south. Traffic light, road good until Alton, Illinois. Good sights, no wildlife on road. Got near St louis and things started going bad. Tailgaters, horn beepers, etc.. Got to my old home town of 50 years ago and found it...changed. Now about 70 times bigger with no stores etc. that I recognized. I did see my old grade school which is undergoing significant growth and the old church which is mostly closed apparently. Our old house has been added on to and the trees are big now. The distances I used to bike or walk are now a lot shorter??? And it was not uphill both ways to school (they must have leveled it out). Did not even try to find my old school chums. The woods I used to roam were all gone of course and the lake back there is now surrounded by houses and "posted". The ride back through Saint Louis was hot, crowded, and dangerous. Saw the Cardinals' baseball stadium and Stan Musials' statue for the first time. Anybody else think there is some deformity there? Saw someone arrested in a downtown park also. After numerous discourtesies I left and headed up the Great river road on the Missouri side. Beautiful road after you get past the flats and hit the hills. Stopped at all the overlooks and museums etc.. About 13 hours total with all the usual aches and pains but well worth the trip. You can go home again, mostly to see it is not there anymore. I feel sorry for todays kids they literally cannot go out to hunt or fish after school or ride their bikes out of town anymore. Soon we will be like the British with every square inch accounted for and regulated. I know it "did not happen without pictures". Maybe it did not happen with them either.

Lone_RT_rider
Rode the lawn machine for almost 3 hours. Does that count? It has a Kawasaki motor... :grin:

My pressure washer has a Subaru motor, but I haven't done any Rallying lately either. :rofl:

Rode the lawn machine for almost 3 hours. Does that count? It has a Kawasaki motor... :grin:

My pressure washer has a Subaru motor, but I haven't done any Rallying lately either. :rofl:

This reminds me of the guy I saw at a race not long back with a gas powered rideable cooler! I certainly think that would count.

Adjusted the valves on the Airhead. Sir Isaac is in town so I won't be riding for the next couple of days. At least it's not 110 degrees in the garage though...

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Finally got time to work in the garage a bit in the evenings with a failure investigation winding down.

I now have a bonafide Rubber Chicken ABS working in the 11RT! Now, to put its pants and shirt back on and get ready to sell.

CoarsegoldKid

I spent the weekend on my DRZ getting lost in the mountains near Yosemite and today I found my way back home. I guess I didn't try hard enough.

Yay Tim, great news.

Bill

PS - Installed the dual horns from the '05 RT on my '10. Much better sound than the beeper.

Edited by Highway41