IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Pre FART maintenance done, I'm riding as much as I can to get back into some semblance of rhythm on the GS again. It's getting there, and I'm really looking forward to riding NC again.

Edited by Matts_12GS

Did an oil change on the RS and replaced the failing (read: leaking) oil pressure sensor. Will soon be putting this bike on the market unless my wife decides she wants to start riding it. Would have to lower it a couple inches for that to be an option, though.

Also, took the GS over to Danny's house and replaced both tires. Enjoyed a leisure ride home. Nice hot day here in Florida.

I rode from Torrey to Cedar City, down 62 slowly, and following another vehicle, for safety. That's where I almost hit 3 deer last year, and where Richard hit one last week.

I did see two dead by the side of the road.

Then thru' Cedar Breaks with a stop at the great overlook.

But just a short day today.

Then tomorrow to Las Vegas for the night then home.

My next trip will be to Shasta Lake to get a new seat made.

I have finally realized that seat is not comfortable. It took over a year and 15000 miles.

dc

took the RT up to the Big Exchange. primarily to restock the single malt stocks. New front rubber for the GS. with the help of a buddy.

Rode from Cedar City to Las Vegas with a few stops in Las Vegas. Now I'm staying in Primm and I'll ride back to Los Angeles starting early tomorrow.

I did spend some money, but not on gambling.

dc

Edited by David13

Rode the 1150RT across town, about five miles at a sedate speed, for lunch at the Pizza Inn buffet, which was quite good, then rode back along the same route, arriving home safely, and then took a nap.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Took the wife for breakfast in South Lake Tahoe this morning. Never mind. 30F up there that early.

Took the wife for lunch in South Lake Tahoe today. Pleasant in the 60's and 70's all up and back. Didn't freeze like we would have at o'dark thirty. Color is starting in our Sierra's.

Firefight911

Went to the local air museum and had a photo shoot with some airplanes and the Super Tenere. Afterwards, it was a 225 mile strafing run through the foothills. Aaaahhhhh, much better!!

I'll post some pics when I get them. My iPhone ones are not too worthy.

CoarsegoldKid

I walked past my BMW and Ducati. I threw a leg over my DRZ and off into the woods I went. It was so damn nice up there above Bass Lake.

Temperatures in the low 40's. Got up this morning and layered up for the ride into work. Bag and computer on the bike, rolled down the driveway so as not to wake my daughter (0500hrs and my "garage" is right next to her room). Pushed starter.....and click click! Had this problem last year when the temperatures dropped but had forgotten about it over the summer. So, pushed the bike back UP the driveway, unlayered and fired up the truck to head into work. Looks like I'll be buying a new battery tomorrow.

Cruised over to the 'hood, also known as the 'wood, by Longjohn which I suppose he got from the locals to tcb.

As I began, I had the light out light.

So coming back this afternoon, I got two H7s and had a fun afternoon changing the bulbs.

dc

Un FARTed the bike, Took sidecases apart for a clean and lube, much better locking action now. Don't ask how many times it took to get the right case assembled correctly. :dopeslap: Hey, I'm retired so time doesn't matter as much now. :grin:

Dropped the GSA in the garage just before riding to work. :dopeslap:

It came to rest on a wooden crate. No damage other than a minor scratch on a roll bar. Glad to have that over with. Now I feel free to abuse the daylights out of it! :clap:

I hooked up my mondo-moto 10W driving lights on the engine guards. They are retina frying bright and now people scream in agony when looking instead of telling me I have a light out. Or that my wheels are dirty... :dopeslap:

Commuted for 2 days in a row.

First time in 2 years.

:lurk:

GT run berry good...

Wonderful news. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

500 mile week.

More than the past year and a half combined.

No big trips planned with baby due but hoping to make it to mid Ga next month.

Commuted for 2 days in a row.

First time in 2 years.

:lurk:

GT run berry good...

Wonderful news. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

500 mile week.

More than the past year and a half combined.

No big trips planned with baby due but hoping to make it to mid Ga next month.

Glad to see you are back on the bike.

Yesterday: Ride to work. First frost of the season on the fields. At the shop we had the BMW Oktoberfest with a bit of a BMW bike show with awards. There was a award for the the highest mileage bike. You can guess who won that.

Set out for a work-related trip to Pensacola, FL via the in-laws NW of Gainesville (500 miles split into 2 day ride). Returning late next week. At least the dry season is setting in and the temps are under 90. Hopefully a tick cooler up there, too.

Got good road recommendations from Tallman for the panhandle area plus hot sauce location info. Thanks, Tim.

Hope to get some good pics (unlike last real trip which was all straight lines, cattle ranches, orange groves and sod farms - hey, it was crossing central FL).

Updates to follow. New tires upon return. Might even wash the bike then.

Edited by Fubar

Had brunch with Greg and Cathy Poole ("Greg Poole" on the forum), followed by a really nice ride around Carter Lake and the surrounding area. Perfect weather and really nice scenery.

Paul In Australia

Fabulous 300km ride in the hills. Day boor to killjoy to Somerset dam and home over mount Glorious.

Fantastic fun and the best hamburger I have ever had. Mondays are great. No traffic and most of finest highway patrol seem to take the day off.

Rode 400 miles on Thursday to the Barber Vintage festival in Birmingham and returned yesterday. If you like old bikes and haven't been, you should try to make it next year. You can visit their museum anytime throughout the year, but the vintage racing they do during the festival is awesome.

I rode the 1965 R60/2 up there. It was an awesome ride even with the rain we hit during the last hour on the return trip.

Next week is my trip to Robinnsville, NC on the 2005 1200gs. I can't wait for that!

Pictures Bob, Pictures. Without 'em....

Bill

Yes, yes of course.

Since I'm camping and riding a 1965 bike with only 6v power, I had nowhere to charge my phone and thus only have a couple pictures to share. I didn't go into the museum this year, but I have over 100 pictures and videos from last year that I could share if anyone's interested.

This is the route we took from Jacksonville:

YgaGI.jpg

This is my campsite and bike I rode there:

RrIbL.jpg

This is one of my riding partners, Joe, and his 1975 R90s:

uExkm.jpg

And here's a shot of the 1929 R11 ridden by Norm Nelson and owned by Jack Wells that placed 3rd in the cross country Cannonball run recently completed in California. This bike was entered by some members of the Historic Motorcycle Society of which I'm a member and was on display this weekend:

Kaodu.jpg

Finished a 12k service. First time the rear drive went back together without a fight. :thumbsup:

Hmmm....

very good, right?

:wave:

Hey Tim, it went in so quickly that I almost took it back out. I was programmed to have it not mate properly for a few tries. Going for a short ride now. :wave:

I rode a loop from Windsor CT. to the summit of Mt. Greylock in the Northwest corner of Mass yesterday ( 230 miles, all backroads of course) It was supposed to be sunny and 55, instead it was heavily overcast, mid-40's, with a steady 25 mph wind out of the Northwest. There were even a few snow flakes at the 3,491 foot summit. But, it was a great way to test out my new-to-me Olympia AST jacket and Ranger pants. Cold, yes. Windy, yes. Fun, you bet! Can't wait to do it again... Now if i only knew how to post pictures i could show the obligatory "Bike with a great view in the background" shot.

I borrowed a friend's 2010 FZ1, a motorcycle I have wanted to evaluate for awhile. He accompanied me on his 2003 FZ1 so that we could switch out half way and enable me to experience both Gen 1 and Gen 2 of this series. We rode from Show Low, AZ to Globe, over to Morenci and back to Show Low via Hannagan's Meadows and Alpine. We were under cloudless skies, relishing the pure joy of riding. He prefers his Gen 1 and I liked the Gen2, although both are a blast to ride.

Back in Show Low, I strapped on my K1100RS and rode back home to Phoenix. While I enjoyed the FZ1s, the Beemer still wins my heart each and every time and confirms the competence of the machine.

It was a good riding day, a 557 mile riding day. Grin.

Edited by 70IBA

I love the flashlight duct taped to Norm's bike. That is just cool. Knowing Jack and Norm makes that even better. Those guys are just cool as hell.

Rode around with the wife today since I'm heading up to NC on Monday and feel like I'm leaving her out. She couldn't get off work and our dogs don't take kindly to strangers (they don't really want to kill you, they just want to see what you look like on the inside :) ). So she has to stay behind while I go ride in the mountains (this time).

Ran into Bernie at the open house at the local BMW shop. He gave me some pointers on where to find the good coffee shops up in NC...oh and some good roads, too.

Replaced a blown headlight buld on the throttle side of the RT, and did an engine oil change as well. She's ready for tasking and charging.

Prepped the K1200s for a ride with the wife tomorrow. Tire pressure, check, fuel top off, check, Honda polish and plexus, check.

Added a Tool Tube to the Yamaha XT250 to hold tire levers, wrenches etc.,

Installed wiring and GPS mount on the XT250

Replaced the bulbs in the R90 moto lights to 55w yellow replacing 35w white

Bought a Cortech Tank bag for the K1200GT and put that on

"Practiced" scratch repair using the side case of my old, totaled R1200RT and the Colorite pen.

Time for lunch....

We did our run up to the mountain to Gingers Creek.

The 2005RT performs better and better (or is it me getting to know and trust the bike more?).

On the way down, being completely oblivious to it, as I had music going in my Schuberth C3 helmet at low level and the brilliant noise reduction it has, I missed that my sister in law crashed right behind me behind a 4WD that was dragging a larger trailer and was between me and her.

I didn't find out until we got home. My wife got a phone call just after we walked in the door and we jumped straight into the car heading to the hospital.

I haven't talked to her yet as just close family was allowed in.

Broke her arm just below the shoulder.

From as much as I have been told, she grabbed a hand full of front brake and lost the front, getting herself trapped under the bike.

Apparently she never hit the trailer.

Hope to talk to her today. Bike is fine, just a broken mirror and a footpeg. Most of it was saved due to her husband mounting his old BMW small paniers of his old K1300 on her Suzuki.

Thanks Paul

Spoke to her this morning. Clean brake of the upper arm just below her shoulder. Due to the location it's just in a sling.

Funny part is that she is a Nam(?), so she is in charge of all the nurses at a local hospital.

She said that she just grabbed a handful of brakes when she realized that the 4WD with trailer actually was standing still.

As it was in a straight line braking and dry, I think it's fair to say that ABS would have saved her from this.

She is already home and nursing the pain killers.

Went out for a 180 mile loop on Saturday. Up into Southern PA, and then over to visit my Aunt Gerry in Rising Sun MD. Got home in time for my wife to say we were going out in ten minutes. She sprung a little birthday celebration on me, and we went to Annapolis, met another couple for dinner, and then saw Livingston Taylor, James's brother, in a nice, small venue. Rina and I have seen him numerous times, but this show was just enough different to keep it very interesting.

All in all, a very good day.

Edited by Glenn Reed

my buddy Mark and I rode our '74 R90s's to our Detroit club breakfast in Pinckney and then did some backroads up towards Lansing. Felt good to hit redline a few times in the twisties.

RPG

6087.jpg.8d6bb1fe0f3ec014cbc2cfc969634480.jpg