IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Happy bee-vs-wasp-1a.jpg]L8D.jpg

Birthday.

Thanks Tim.

Actually, right on time, not late at all. Rina arranged for a night out on Saturday, rather than Monday. It's a little easier, and with Livingston playing close by, it was perfect.

Rode from Jacksonville, FL to Robbinsville, NC (454 miles) today to start a four day therapy session with me and my GS. Camera in hand, will share pics when I get home.

Rode from Jacksonville, FL to Robbinsville, NC (454 miles) today to start a four day therapy session with me and my GS. Camera in hand, will share pics when I get home.

Go Bob, Go!!

Played with my new toy, the Yammy scooter. In the morning checking, learning, adjusting, etc. In the pm a great fall ride of about 180 miles. Enjoyed it. 180 miles on 3 gallons of gas is not bad.

Yesterday: Cherohala skyway, 360, Dragon, 28.

Today: Cherohala, 360, Foothills parkway scenic highway then into Smokey mountain park, back around to 28 then 143.

Tomorrow? Haven't decided yet, but I know it'll include Wayah road.

Is it possible to have too much fun?

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Rode to work on the first dry day this week.

Left early to prep for a three day run out to Eureka, then Crater Lake and back down the east slope of the Sierras to home.

Finally rode the RT to work again today. It's been down and out since I got the Suzuki in August. The same weekend I got the Suzuki, I busted a brake line on the RT. Now, the RT has Spiegler brake lines, and a new (to me) Works shock on the front. I have the rear one, and might replace that soon. But for now, it feels great. Just in time for BMW riding weather (cold, wet, sloppy, fun weather, when most....not all, but most, other bikes are put away for the winter). The DRZ certainly is a blast to ride, and makes a great commuter when it's warm. But I sure am happy to have the RT back on the road.

I put Gerbings Co-ax power connectors on the RT and the R1100S this weekend. Might be gettin' chilly soon. Also added SAE connector on the RT and short pigtails to do the same on the S soon for tank bag electrification. SWMBO complained that I spend a lot of time working on motorcycles and riding them :thumbsup: I've learned that no matter what, she'll have something to say :rofl: I just nod my head and say "yes dear"...

It rained sideways today, kind of fun. Odd though once at work my bike was all alone, the usual suspects were there but they didn't ride for some reason.

Lone_RT_rider
Took a ride with Mr. Zoom in Il and In. Brrrr!

Marty, since you only had flat land to ride on today, I took it upon myself to take the the Mountains. :grin:

The Blue Ridge Parkway, just south of Fancy Gap, VA. Man what beautiful morning to be on the parkway.

IMG_20121104_090515-X2.jpg

I put on the PR3s, changed oil, changed tranny oil, changed final drive oil, cleaned K&N air filter, adjusted valves. It was a fun maintenance day and even had Long Way Down running on the garage TV ;)

Shawn, I bet it was beautiful in the mountains. :wave:

I thought it was! My Droid takes terrible pictures anymore. (Yeah, I swear! It's the camera!)

I was on oodles of great roads yesterday and today. 845 miles. A lot of fun.

i-2zG3Bsf-L.jpg

Got out for about two hours yesterday afternoon, first time with the AST this season, had to stay warm somehow. It was early enough in the afternoon that I did not have to deal with traffic, so very relaxing, just what I needed.

Also gave me a chance to try out my new Nelson Rigg CL-1040 mounted on the pillion seat. Sean has encouraged me not to run with a tank bag, so as to allow me more room to move around, so I am going to go with this bag behind me. It takes a big leg hike to go up and over if I am on the side stand, but on the center, I just use Tim's "mount the horse" method and it's easy. Will hold much more than the tank bag as well.

Oh, and while tooling by a line of pine trees, I had Bambi shoot straight across the road in front of me. Grabbed a bunch of brake to slow down anticipating the inevitable companion, but that didn't happen. Thanks to those posting in the Deer thread, it gave me a much better chance of staying safe.

Edited by Glenn Reed
Paul In Australia

Just a quick 300Kms ride in perfect weather over the hills. Glass House Mountains

8163051303_30b876ba0c_m.jpg

8163084298_04dc3957ff_m.jpg

regards

paul

Edited by Paul In Australia

Went out riding with Scott who bought my GS - LuckyLeif on this board - and Maria, president of the local BMWBMW club. Took some pictures around Gettysburg to use in our "Squareroute" rally promotion, had a nice lunch, rode home mixing roads. Good day.

Rode too the National D Day Memorial in Bedford, VA. Great trip and perfect weather. After visiting the Memorial we headed south to the north shore of Smith Mt. Lake for lunch then back south east via hwy 24 to Rustburg. Never been on this segment before and it is a very good ride. Back home through Campbell and Charlotte counties. The land of Patrick Henry. 260 ish miles and home before dark. Hoping for more warm days like today.

164 GS miles, north and west up the West Bank of the James river to Hopewell, VA, then returned south and east down the east bank of the James. stopped by the home of president John Tyler on the way back, Sherwood Forrest plantation.

GS needs an aftermarket saddle.

After riding Saturday and Sunday some of my favorite roads in NE FL, I decided to replace the rear tire today. Getting the bike ready for the SE Comfort Food Finder ride to Dublin, GA on Saturday.

Edited by Bernie

Changed the oil, filter, tranny oil, and the air filter. My first time taking the panels off, not too difficult. Didn't even have any extra parts when I put it back together!

Dean

Then from Stockton to Redding and got a Russel seat made.

Then yesterday bypassed Lassen on 44 and rode to Reno and Fallon.

There appeared to be too much snow and too bad weather in Lassen, so I didn't turn into the park.

Today I'll ride south into Beatty.

dc

Joe Frickin' Friday

Today was a good day.

Last Monday I returned from an 11-day trip to Japan. All week I've been slogging through the maximum jet lag you could possible have; it's been a struggle to stay awake for the last hour of each work day, and it's been impossible most nights to sleep past 4AM.

But I've been slowing improving. Today I slept in until 5AM, and after doing a bit of housekeeping (Masako will be returning from Japan tomorrow), I drove out to do a few errands. One stop was the BMW dealer, where I bought some filters and oil. The RT was just 25 miles short of 30K, so I figured I ought to change the oil before putting it up for the winter.

So I changed it this afternoon, and of course the thing to do after that is get that fresh oil circulated through the whole engine.

It was a great day for a ride, my first in weeks. Sunny, 53 degrees, just warm enough to be comfortable without having to resort to my POS electric vest (good thing, since it's broken anyway).

Had a nice 60-mile ride through the countryside west of Ann Arbor. Being November, I was a bit concerned about deer - but the only ones I saw were the dozen or so dressed-out bucks hanging from a rack in front of a sporting goods store in Dexter. :grin: That's a nice start; I hope people bag a bunch more before hunting season is over.

After topping off the tank, I rode the last stretch home. As I came back into Ann Arbor, there was heavy traffic leaving town. It was a home game today, and The Big House was disgorging 110,000 fans. Happy fans: Michigan beat Iowa 42-17. Most of my weekend rides are capped off by a slow putter down Main Street and through campus, just kind of people-watching along the way. Lots of people this time; lots of maize-and-blue.

And then I finally arrived home, where I pulled off the sidecases and mirrors, tucked the bike snugly in the corner of the garage, and hooked up the Battery Tender for its four-month slumber. (Now I'll be able to park my car in the garage so I won't have to scrape frost off the windshield before heading to work each morning. :grin:)

And that marked the end of another great season of riding: Helenback, Dances With Cows Too, and FART, along with various afternoon cruises through the countryside of southeast Michigan, altogether a deeply fulfilling blur of great roads, good people, and delicious food. No crashes, and the only mechanical problem was a burnt-out headlight.

Yep, today was a good day, and this was a good year. I just have to get through four months of short daylight and icy weather, and then it all starts again.

Today just rode to work and back, even if I made 70 miles out of the 25 miles morning commute with a bit of frost on the fields.

Tomorrow will be goin' ridin', should be a nice day.

Left early, turned around and fixed a warning light issue,

then 422 miles for lunch.

GT ran great, it is way to easy to double any speed limit

posted.

Took the GS out on a adventure ride for charity. Short run ( 180 miles ) through Florida orange grove dirt trails, rural roads and ranch roads. Had lunch here . Tacky but fun.

Road 58 from Buttonwillow to Santa Margarita and back. I've been riding it most days to work in the Carizo Plain but have not gotten tired of it yet.