IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Watched it as I walked out the garge in the AM and again when I come home... Every day until the stupid weather flips to dry, and the salt from the roads washes away.

Yup, just a couple months to go

Finally installed the HID lights from DDY tuning ( 30 bucks ) since one of the stocks bulbs burned out Again!! 3 in 1 year.

lots of light, amazing, and plug and play. I got the 35 watt and 5000k. Toughest part was finding a good secure point to mount the ballasts, otherwise straight foward.

yes i got a pair of HID lights and slim ballasts for 30 or 35 dollars. Its DDM tuning. (Always get that wrong) put a set on my daughters car a few months ago and they helped here see. Good web site, you can get alot of diffrent k value lights. box came straight from china, arrived in about 10 days. At least these ballasts have a decal saying what they are etc.. Not like the other stuff i bought awhile back with no marking at all!!! and at almost triple the price

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

Edited by mig

Gone ridin'... Little loop into Pennsylvania. Sunny day, temps between 35 and 50. In January doesn't get much better than this.

file-11-1.jpg

I tuned up the 04RT today at 124K. The bike has been running great since my last tune up but I was still a bit surprised that the valves needed no adjustment and the TBS was spot on as well. SWEET! It made for a quick tune up. Why would I need a new bike? I still love this one!

Hello to all! Today I road to work. I live in California, so I ride most days. I have been seeing alot of post about not being able to ride because of the weather! If that is you I have a few vids of me riding to the store. I believe it was 39 degrees f that day. Enjoy, maybe this will help you hold off til spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYA1ncM3MOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_nMP90hUg&list=UUKWukQmCNu5Ae4RFJbeKC3Q&index=10

Mounted the GoPro on the bike and loaded the routes for tomorrows SE Comfort Food Finders ride into the Zumo, oh I also checked the tire pressure.

Mounted the GoPro on the bike and loaded the routes for tomorrows SE Comfort Food Finders ride into the Zumo, oh I also checked the tire pressure.

After reading this, I just walked out to the garage to look at my GS and sigh. My wrist is in a brace and I can't ride until well after the surgery coming up. I wish I could join you, Bernie. Have a fun, safe ride.

Hey Barry, do you still have the original FD and driveshaft?

Well, John, I'd lie and say yes but you already know the truth! But that input shaft failure was almost 75,000 miles ago and I've forgiven my bike for stranding me in the Canadian wilderness. Some times you just have to forgive the one you love, move on and enjoy the good times you have together.

Trailered my 2003 R1150RS 60 miles back to the shop from Spanish Flat (Lake Berryessa, California) after picking up a key in the rear tire - had 150 miles on it after just replacing the rear tire that had 1,200 miles on it after picking up both a nail and a screw...

Hopefully now that I have a spare patched low mileage replacement tire, that will protect me from future flats...?

Nice n Easy Rider
Wondered if you kept the plate. :)

I, for one, would have been tremendously disappointed if he hadn't! :)

Danny caddyshack Noonan

19 degree F commute on the bike this morning. Warmed up to 30ish once I got into the inversion layer in the valley. Thanks Joules law (I squared R) and Gerbings.

Oh, and you too Pinlock.

[quote=

Some times you just have to forgive the one you love, move on and enjoy the good times you have together.

Yea Baby... great quote Barry

Seems a "new to me" 2007 GT followed me home on Friday so... Today we changed the final drive fluid, engine oil and filter, blead the brakes, removed and polished the Aeroflow, rubed out the body parts and applied a coat of wax. Friday new tires should be here and next week it will go to the dealer for the service up-grades. While there they will do the valves, plugs and coolant. Should be ready to ride.

Checked tire pressure in preparation for the BMW-NEF Winter Rally (Freeze your buns off) this weekend. Rear tire 10 psi, found big old nail, time to change rear tire. Mounted new rear tire. I am ready for the ride to the rally and Cedar Key next week. :clap:

Paul In Australia

Pulled the fairings, cleaned a bit, located lost screw ( I dropped it and could not see it anywhere until I pulled the fairings ). Installed a new battery. Discovered a broken right hand side centre stand mounting bolt ( sheared off half way down ). Prepared bike for tomorrows ride, tyres, top up oil ( 200mls in 5500kms ) put it away. Looking forward to the ride. Too hot today.

Paul

Edited by Paul In Australia

Enjoyed a 2 hour ride on a very windy 40 degree day in the north central hills of Connecticut. Dry roads, snow cover everywhere else. Saw one other bike at the Barkhamstead Damn. Because of the weather t's been 30 days since my last ride...

Paul In Australia

Well the ride was great. Up over Glorious and Mt Nebo and back. It was hot 36 degree c. but cooler up the top. Came across a bike accident. Looked like a Hyabusa had slid and collected a Harley going the other way. Emergency services everywhere but both riders sitting up and seemed ok ( relative term I suppose). I enjoyed the ride except for Sunday Traffic. At least it was a ride. Looking forward to winter where riding is more comfortable.

best regards

Paul

Edited by Paul In Australia

Got in a nice ride with my girl today, first one since her foot surgery. It was good to have her back on the bike with me.

Test rode a new Sargent's seat yesterday, bought it today, will test it more tomorrow. Can't believe how un-comfortable my old seat was.

Bill

Tore up I-95 to & from Daytona this afternoon to take in the Continental GT Challenge. Beautiful day for a ride & race, although it didn't end so well for all. Story later.

IMG_4116-M.jpg

No, he was not okay.

Got up early, meet some friends, helped plug a tire for one friend, rode to Micanopy, fl to meet more friends, had breakfast and then rode with them to Cedar Key for lunch at the Pickled Pelican. Then rode back to Jax, FL with them, of course the long way. :thumbsup:

What a great day for riding and spending time with friends. :clap:

Thank you Tallman for organizing the Cedar Key Lunch.

We lane split on the way to Cedar Key.

Beth didn't notice at first...

:Cool:

then the Autocom lit up.

:grin:

Before leaving the GT got a sponge bath, it was dirtier

than Ken's GS.

Found some dirt from UN X in Cali...

:dopeslap:

Edited by tallman
Paul In Australia
I took the RT out for a pre-lunch recreational mental health adrenaline fix.

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

Joe

How do you keep it so clean?

Regards

Paul

Paul In Australia

Joe

I have got to ask... what do you use to clean the wheels. Mine have all sorts of junk that just sticks.

regards

paul

Put a new o-ring on the fill plug of my RS... a little bit of oil leakage doesn't hurt, but I figure, what the hey? Winter in Colorado isn't always conducive to riding days. :P

Saw 29 degrees this morning on the way to the meetup for coffee.

002-M.jpg

Chasing Bernie are Ashley, Dave, Rony, Bil and me.

004-M.jpg

Had lunch at Three Crazy Bakers in Moultrie, GA. The quiche and while chicken chili was most excellent.

005-M.jpg

The afternoon conga line.

Enjoyed a great day riding The Pace.

Bill

Edited by Highway41

Got an hours worth of road time this afternoon on my RT. The temp was 32, the wind was blowing hard out of the west, but the sun was shinning and the roads were dry. Not a bad way to celebrate ground hog day...

Saw 29 degrees this morning on the way to the meetup for coffee.

Chasing Bernie are Ashley, Dave, Rony, Bil and me.

Had lunch at Three Crazy Bakers in Moultrie, GA. The quiche and while chicken chili was most excellent.

The afternoon conga line.

Enjoyed a great day riding The Pace.

Bill

I'm jealous. Soon, my wrist will be healed and I'll be back on the bike and joining you guys again instead of just sitting on it in the garage making "vroom vroom" noises like a 10 year old.