IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Phil didn't specify which bike, so here's this. Forks from the Aprilia are going off to be rebuilt. They look pretty, but the leakage is awful. Amazing what Simple Green can do.

IMG_4212-L.jpg

Woo-Hoo! I received word my new shocks will be here by the 10th. Looking forward to getting it all back together and suiting up.

looks like a happy Husqy

06 R12RT 05 DR650 11 R12GS

Chris,there were at least 6/7 Dr 650s negotiated about 100 of these little puddles.If you want I can send you the location... :grin:

IMG_0284%20%282%29-L.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday

On Sunday I checked the valves on the left side; yesterday I pulled the bike away from the garage wall and checked the right side. Buttoned it all back up without doing a TB sync; after four 6K maintenance jobs I haven't adjusted the throttle cables once, so why start now? :grin:

Yesterday I also stopped by the BMW dealer and picked up a powerlet plug. I have procrastinated too long to pick up a Gerbings jacket liner and be able to install the controller before next week's Helenback trip, so now I am stuck trying to get my 10-year-old BMW electric vest working again (it died last fall). Not sure what the problem is, as there's electrical continuity through every component. Can't find the main power cord anymore, so the new plug is to convert a "special" cord back to being compatible with the bike (years ago I had made a special cord to enable its use in a car).

If I can't get the vest working, then next week's trip will be done "old school" - with lots of layers. :grin:

On Sunday I checked the valves on the left side; yesterday I pulled the bike away from the garage wall and checked the right side. Buttoned it all back up without doing a TB sync; after four 6K maintenance jobs I haven't adjusted the throttle cables once, so why start now? :grin:

I said the same thing and got a lecture about my cables being stretched and needing to be replaced. I have them bought, but not installed. Hmmm

Lone_RT_rider

I said the same thing and got a lecture about my cables being stretched and needing to be replaced. I have them bought, but not installed. Hmmm

You also said that your throttle had been sticking and....tell them how many miles you have on that beast? Silly program manager, the devil is in the details. :)

You also said that your throttle had been sticking and....tell them how many miles you have on that beast? Silly program manager, the devil is in the details. :)

Yep, but said I should replace them BEFORE all that happened. It's only got 64K on it. Barely broken in...

:dopeslap:

Paul In Australia

Rode up Mt Glorious. Had lunch rode down the western side and then reversed the trip home. Had a ball. Nice day out.

regards

Paul

Saturday, the wife wanted to make use of her new Olympia jacket, so we went out for a couple of hours. Accidentally ended up at a classic car show.

Fun afternoon.

Computerbob

Yesterday, the wife and I went on a 400 mile trip down to Yahala Bakery in the middle of Florida.

A while back when I bought a Garmin GPS unit, Bernie gave me a file with a bunch of his good routes in it. We decided to use those routes to get us down there and back. I've used the GPS before, but never using one of Bernie's routes. I typically have the MP3's going and every once in a while the lady inside the box will tell me to take a turn here or take another turn there. Yesterday, she was talking so much that I had to turn the music off.

There were points where it felt like I was listening to

!

Thanks to Bernie for a wonderful outing.

We tried to pick Matt up some tortes for he and his girl, but they weren't home when we came by so we had to eat them instead.

Installed my new shocks, put it all back together, and went for a short test ride. All my winter PM is done and i'm ready to ride, just in time for warmer weather.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Yesterday I also stopped by the BMW dealer and picked up a powerlet plug. I have procrastinated too long to pick up a Gerbings jacket liner and be able to install the controller before next week's Helenback trip, so now I am stuck trying to get my 10-year-old BMW electric vest working again (it died last fall). Not sure what the problem is, as there's electrical continuity through every component. Can't find the main power cord anymore, so the new plug is to convert a "special" cord back to being compatible with the bike (years ago I had made a special cord to enable its use in a car).

If I can't get the vest working, then next week's trip will be done "old school" - with lots of layers. :grin:

Well my vest is dead. Part of the vest gets perceptibly warm, but only just barely. IOW, it's pretty much useless except as insulation, and it never fit well, so in the trash it goes.

Bled the brakes yesterday, fired the bike up for the first time in 2013 and went for a ten-mile test ride. All's well for Wednesday's departure to HelenBack.

On my one week old to me R1150R:

New Odyssey PC680 battery to replace drippy Yuasa of unknown age

Installed wire to simulate Yellow Cat Code Plug, runs great, hoping for better mileage than with no plug as I bought it.

Edited by Bruce B
We tried to pick Matt up some tortes for he and his girl, but they weren't home when we came by so we had to eat them instead.

Yeah, she got impatient waiting so we went to the beach for dinner and a walk.

250 miles of smiles, dirt, road, water crossings, pot holes, goat trails, and fun with new friends.

Hooked up with these guys and had a ball!!!

SierraNevadaAdventures

Here's the SPOT link for the ride - SPOT

So you've resorted to having goats for friends?

Figures.

Rode 80 miles to the local Starbucks (only three miles from home). The guy in front of me offered to pay for my coffee just because I was being careful on the road by wearing a high viz jacket. There are nice people everywhere. You just need to wear the right colors to attract them!

Rode about three hours with the wife on the back Sunday afternoon. She had a recommendation for a restaurant, so we went there and visited with my Aunt Gerry on the way back. This is the longest Rina has been on the bike yet, so it was a good afternoon, even though the sun decided to hide behind clouds the entire time.

Firefight911
250 miles of smiles, dirt, road, water crossings, pot holes, goat trails, and fun with new friends.

Hooked up with these guys and had a ball!!!

SierraNevadaAdventures

Here's the SPOT link for the ride - SPOT

So you've resorted to having goats for friends?

Figures.

I figured it was time to increase the caliber of my friends. I mean, really, if you are to be a guage how can I do any worse.

(The preceding is a joke. Danny and I may live on opposite coasts but we go WAAAAYYYYYYY back. We've shared the holding cell at jail (putz) and shared many a moment so don't go reading in to it! He and I both are thick skinned and I'd head East in a flash if he needed me for something.)

Ok, so earlier, Danny said I shouldn't trust Matt to post my bail DAMHIK, and now you reference sharing the holding cell at jail...

Those of us who haven't been here as long as you two, want to know...:lurk:

Ok, so earlier, Danny said I shouldn't trust Matt to post my bail DAMHIK, and now you reference sharing the holding cell at jail...

Believe me Glenn, you don't want to know. :wave:

LOL, don't scare the man like that Bernie...

LOL, don't scare the man like that Bernie...

Walking away slowly........

terryofperry

After raining for two days it cleared up and was a beautiful morning.

P1040341800x600.jpg

P1040339800x600.jpg

P1040338800x600.jpg

P1040333800x600.jpg

P1040328800x600.jpg

P1040327800x600.jpg

P1040325800x600.jpg

P1040301800x600.jpg

P1040296800x600.jpg

P1040288800x600.jpg

P1040286800x600.jpg

Be safe.

Terry

Oldironken

Came home from work and discovered the FedEx man had dropped off my "new to me" Russel Day Long seat, so of course I had to install it and test it out. Very nice!

We enjoyed a wonderful desert spring day in Phoenix, however, some maintenance items need to be addressed on the K1100RS. So:

- Changed oil, filter, final drive, tranny, antifreeze

- New thermostat

- New air filter -- out with the K&N back to EOM

- New fuel filter

- Reinstall OEM handlebars

- Steering Head bearings removed and greased

- Check valve clearances

Reassembly begins early in the morning. And, of course, a test ride.