IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

On Sunday went to Walcha with a group of 12~15 riders.

Slow going up as I stayed behind my son's Honda 125.

On the way back, wife and son switched bike and we had a bit of a go.

Did you know that the side panniers still stay on at 215km/h ??

South of Gingers, my son stacked my wife's bike.

Wife not happy..son is fine (Bruised chin leg), mainly plastic fairing damage.

It's a Yamaha 600 and the plastic costs $1,600.00 !!!!!

With another piece of metal requiring replacement and its costing him $2,000.00.....LOL

Edited by Alfred02
Dean Wirsing

I installed one of the two horns I bought for my 07 RT. Got the horns from a BMW auto parts store online - not sure if they are OEM or not, but holy cow, it is loud! I got the two horns shipped to me for under $40. :clap:

I installed the one on the left side. I couldn't remove the pancake horn in the middle, as I don't have a T35 Torx tool. I'll get that at a later date. :P

Also re-routed my GPS wiring so that I could mount the GPS on the top of the dash, on the Migel mount. Now I don't have to look down away from the road to see it. Sure, it shakes a little, I'm hoping it is okay. Haven't ridden too far yet, just a couple of miles with the GPS in the new location. Getting more confident taking the Tupperware off and getting the bike to my liking.

Yesterday I took my 8 and 12 year old daughters to a co-workers house. She had several acres, and lots of dirt bikes. The girls rode Honda 50s and 70s, probably 10-15 miles each. I could never get my oldest daughter to ride on my bike - she always told me "I don't want to die!" Well, I don't want to die either.. ;)

Anyway, today she asked me when she can go dirt-biking again!

So it was a good weekend for me!

:wave:

Dean

Two days ago: Installed a new right side headlight bulb on the RT. The left was replaced in Nevada on the way home from Torrey after both burned out at the same time. :P

The Yamaha got new shoes (Michelin Anakee III's) and engine oil and filter. :)

Disappointed in missing BBQ I trashed my tires.

Don't ussually go so far past TWI's.

May try some MicheeLynnes, haven't had 'em on my bike

past 250,000 miles and hear they've improved...

:lurk:

Guest Kakugo

Actually yesterday... finally managed to find some time between foul weather and busy schedule to go riding my usual haunt on the Honda.

2013_5_27_01_zpsdb316e58.jpg

2013_5_27_02_zps4e88070e.jpg

I am carrying bag because I stopped on the way to buy some cheese... :grin:

And just near these fantastic twisties look what I found:

2013_5_27_03_zpsd9285e59.jpg

2013_5_27_04_zps7bb7303f.jpg

The last of the Z900's (Euro-spec Z900 to you Colonials ;)) ... all original.

Took the occasion to test the Honda's new shoes. These new Michelin Pilot Power 3 are phenomenal and allow for continuous hooligan-esque shenanigans.

Cannot say the same for my new shoes: these new Gaerne boots I bought are far from the best pair I've owned.

Glenn Reed

And just near these fantastic twisties look what I found:

2013_5_27_03_zpsd9285e59.jpg

The last of the Z900's (Euro-spec Z900 to you Colonials ;)) ... all original.

Well the baker in front of the shop certainly likes what he sees! :rofl:

Put some PR 2's on, with the correct "B" rear tire.

Started getting stuff for radiator fluid exchange/ABS brake fluid bleed/FD/oil/plugs etc.

Haven't had but 1 valve slightly off in 80k but will check 'em.

Leaving to scrub the tires...

Matts_12GS

Put new throttle cables on the GS and gave them a little stretch. Then took my DR650 back in the woods and mud while my son rode his XR80 with me.

Replaced the low beam bulb that blew as I picked my bike up from having the annual inspection performed.

Helped Matt put throttle cables on his GS yesterday so he could go riding with his son. :grin:

Rode to breakfast this morning & found three rain showers on the long way home. Did not ride a GS.

BMW car dealership to buy a gallon of antifreeze fluid.

Same part # as for the bikes.

:thumbsup:

Should have leftover for anyone who needs to top off...

:P

Matts_12GS

Mounted some Shinko 705s on the GS with Huzband's help. They were a good price point, I hope they work near as well as the tourance I am used to

Completed ABS system bleed/control unit/res/etc, same for clutch fluid.

Decided to move up the 12k and replaced air filter, gear/FD fluids,

and oil/filter.

Replaced spark plugs, checked valves. (One off by 1mm)

80,000 miles and no valve adjusments needed.

Coupled w/new tires, ready to roll.

Matts_12GS

finally got all my electrical issues sorted, new tires are mounted. I'm an oil change and a good wash and wax from some fine riding!

Computerbob
finally got all my electrical issues sorted, new tires are mounted. I'm an oil change and a good wash and wax from some fine riding!

I always thought a GS was like a Jeep. It gets washed when it rains. Anything more than that is wasted effort.

Lone_RT_rider

I always thought a GS was like a Jeep. It gets washed when it rains. Anything more than that is wasted effort.

Yeah Matt, your setting a bad example for all these people your holding your cool-aid party for. :D Next thing you know Danny will be doing photo shoots with one while in a tux. :rofl:

Matts_12GS

Mostly a good excuse to go over it and make sure everything is right before the UN.

Truth be told, this last front tire is the first one I ever had that was more worn than the back tire. I figure if I can loosen a pound or so of brake dust off the front wheel it'll help with the life of this new Shinko tire and help me wheelie better :rofl::dopeslap:

Just ask Bill. This works, kinda sorta maybe. Not! :grin:

Pat

Did you notice that there is a bridge just off to your right?

Oh dang, I thought the bridge was there just to go back and try it again if ya missed the snapshot! :dopeslap:

Actually, I was following Bill on the red bike and what I'm learning is, ;) he likes to bend the rules every now and again! :grin:

Pat

REDDINGRDR

Afternoon All,

Today was the the forth day of a four day trip for me. I spent the night in Fortuna, Ca. (northern calif. coast) and headed out this morning at 6am riding east on highway 36.

I was riding my '01gs and was w/ two other riders (a '13 gtl and a'12 roadglide). We rolled early because the forecasted temps in the valley (Red Bluff) were 111*F.

The ride on 36 was great w/ little to no traffic. The only hiccup was the lack of food and coffee. The Wildwood General Store burned down earlier this year and the Platina Cafe's refrig. was on the blinks, thus we ate in Red Bluff.

Once in Red Bluff we contemplated continuing on 36 to Susanville but no one wanted to deal w/ afternoon heat. So we split up and headed to our respective homes.

An outstanding day----Ca36 is aces!!!

RC

Matts_12GS

Helped out with a little mini Riding Smart class for Computer Bob's wife, I think she's gonna twist his arm into submission to go to the UN after all

Computerbob

Oh, it's twisted alright. All she needs now is to ask her boss for the time off and we're there.

I've already registered myself and gotten a room at the inn. I'll just need to add her.

I've already registered myself and gotten a room at the inn. I'll just need to add her.

Or find other accommodations for yourself. She'll be in the "fast" group. :grin:

Seriously, wait'll you see her. You'll be proud.

Chris (lawnchairboy) and I rode 420 miles to get from VA Beach to NW DC. Unfortunately the first three hours of it was in driving rain. Chris was sporting some really fascinating rain gear, too! He'll have to tell it. (A good exercise in humility!)

Chris (lawnchairboy) and I rode 420 miles to get from VA Beach to NW DC. Unfortunately the first three hours of it was in driving rain. Chris was sporting some really fascinating rain gear, too! He'll have to tell it. (A good exercise in humility!)

Water resistant Snuggie? :rofl:

Matts_12GS

the stitch wasn't so impervious?

Matts_12GS

Or find other accommodations for yourself. She'll be in the "fast" group. :grin:

Seriously, wait'll you see her. You'll be proud.

She really did great Bob, I figure a good day on the parkway letting it sink in and you'll have as good a riding partner as you could want.

Computerbob

Spent the day working on the GS.

- New spark plugs

- New oil and filter

- New air filter

- New alternator belt (This took me 3x as long as it should have!)

- Valves done (they were WAY off!)

- Rerouted audio cables for sound system so I can (hopefully) avoid the nasty buzz I've been getting. I think it's because my sound wire was zip-tied to my power wire for my secondary lights up front. Whoops!

In the middle of all that, Danielle changed her oil and filter on her Triumph.

It looks like we're both ready for the UN!

I did the unthinkable on Sunday and removed about a pound of unsprung weight off the wheels of my GS by cleaning the brake dust off them.

I did the unthinkable on Sunday and removed about a pound of unsprung weight off the wheels of my GS by cleaning the brake dust off them.

Maybe now we can take that pound of weights off the rear wheel. :rofl:

Better put them under the front fender to keep the wheel on the ground :rofl:

Better put them under the front fender to keep the wheel on the ground :rofl:

There goes the neighborhood.

Nice n Easy Rider

Doesn't the presence of brake dust imply that you actually use them? :D

Doesn't the presence of brake dust imply that you actually use them? :D

It's a clever ruse... :wave:

I kept hearing about the Michaux Forest in south central PA, so I decided to take ride out there and see for myself.

I planned out a route and rode past Gettysburg, and got to the area. I saw a road that looked interesting - Old Railroad Road. I turned and went up the hill.

It started out as asphalt, then asphaly covered with gravel, then down to one lane, and then all gravel. Less that .1% of my riding has been off pavement, but I remembered a few things from here, and stayed loose on the bars and no sudden controls. I rode up to a flat spot, and not having seen anyone for a while, stopped to snap a few pics.

Across the valley -

null_zps8de72e8e.jpg

With the RT in the picture -

null_zpsdc3e30ef.jpg

And a shot looking up the road -

null_zpsec34aace.jpg

Rode even more gravel and even some dirt before I got off the hill, and then an hour or so home.

A good day riding.

Don Beissel

What I have done this Spring/Summer-Gave up on finding a right side foot peg plate and found a guy with a heliarc welder to weld the crack for me. I got a rear flat tire at 80 mph and kept it shiny side up. Got the 2 news tires that I needed. Had the guy at the shop put the front tire on wrong and the speedo cable broke. I replaced the broken speedo cable, put the front wheel on the right way and installed a new stainless steel bolt kit because the 13 year old bolts looked terrible and were easy to strip. I also changed the bulb on one of my PIA lights.

Up this summer-New Hall Effect Sensor, new front disc bobbins and replace the fork seals. I would like new or better panniers, but the budget will not allow for how proud pannier makers are of their products.

At that point I think I will have replaced all the maintenance repair parts. I have done brake pads, brake lines, transmission fluid, oil, clutch cable, battery, ABS regulator, and spark plugs. I adjusted the clutch when I changed the cable. I have done the timing too. I have replaced the headlight bucket and the headlight.

This bike has been what I wanted. A nice bike to ride and a chance to learn a lot of wrenching the hard way. I have really learned a lot.

null_zpsec34aace.jpg

Rode even more gravel and even some dirt before I got off the hill, and then an hour or so home.

A good day riding.

And it begins innocently enough. "I think I'll try just this one dirt road" We got another one boys! :grin:

Nice Glenn! :thumbsup:

Pat

Oh me, I just hung my old (83,84) & some newer motocross pictures on the garage wall. I kinda have a feeling this means something to me but just not sure I realized it yet.

Pat

Oh... Can you say GS(A). Happens, and then you get the bug, and never look back...

Looks like a fun run, and a beautiful area, thanks for the share.

Edited by jb04rt